How Was Your Day/Week?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Well her work isn't always make a piece from scratch. Some could be edits or it might be just a logo, but could range up to a full poster or banner. Not to say that because of that she should've got everything done, and for all I know the tasks she had were all complex ones, but I'm more just pointing out that projects may not always be huge things like you might think they always are.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Well her work isn't always make a piece from scratch. Some could be edits or it might be just a logo, but could range up to a full poster or banner. Not to say that because of that she should've got everything done, and for all I know the tasks she had were all complex ones, but I'm more just pointing out that projects may not always be huge things like you might think they always are.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ugh, I know it's her career but damn it's those kinds of moments you just want to stick your finger up at them and go eat some. Making the work be from sunrise to bedtime (OK maybe it isn't that but I get that impression), really sucks. Hope they don't keep hounding, and that you can do it, Shira!

My week's going ehhh. More long shifts ahead but whatever. I need a haircut, although it's floofiness and warmth it provides after a good wash is fine for a while. XD I keep CBA'ing to get an appointment or check where I go is even open yet, will not cut it myself.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ugh, I know it's her career but damn it's those kinds of moments you just want to stick your finger up at them and go eat some. Making the work be from sunrise to bedtime (OK maybe it isn't that but I get that impression), really sucks. Hope they don't keep hounding, and that you can do it, Shira!

My week's going ehhh. More long shifts ahead but whatever. I need a haircut, although it's floofiness and warmth it provides after a good wash is fine for a while. XD I keep CBA'ing to get an appointment or check where I go is even open yet, will not cut it myself.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
My week has sucked. Early work days, small children acting like complete bastards (NOW THEY ARE FIGHTING EACH OTHER!), and not enough time to de-stress means this Cricket is not having a good time. The only upside so far is that I have gotten the first dose of the vaccine, and even then my arm is still sore from it (and getting worse). So, screw this week, come on Spring Break.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
My week has sucked. Early work days, small children acting like complete bastards (NOW THEY ARE FIGHTING EACH OTHER!), and not enough time to de-stress means this Cricket is not having a good time. The only upside so far is that I have gotten the first dose of the vaccine, and even then my arm is still sore from it (and getting worse). So, screw this week, come on Spring Break.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I appreciate the kind words, y'all. It's just very stressful when working with the absolute bare bones of a design team and expecting not only the usual but double, sometimes triple, that amount. I get why my boss would tell me something like that cuz he's under pressure as well, but I dunno. Something's gotta give eventually. My friends really want me to give my job and ultimatum to improve work conditions and it's been weighing heavily on my mind. It does require me looking for other jobs as well, which is a whole other can of worms. Ugh. Just makes me hate this pandemic even more. I never really hated my job until now and I didn't quite think I ever would before I'd move on from it.

Glad to hear you got your first dose of the vaccine, Maniak! I'm anxiously awaiting my own still. The number of people I know who are starting to get it is slowly.increasing and that's comforting to know.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I appreciate the kind words, y'all. It's just very stressful when working with the absolute bare bones of a design team and expecting not only the usual but double, sometimes triple, that amount. I get why my boss would tell me something like that cuz he's under pressure as well, but I dunno. Something's gotta give eventually. My friends really want me to give my job and ultimatum to improve work conditions and it's been weighing heavily on my mind. It does require me looking for other jobs as well, which is a whole other can of worms. Ugh. Just makes me hate this pandemic even more. I never really hated my job until now and I didn't quite think I ever would before I'd move on from it.

Glad to hear you got your first dose of the vaccine, Maniak! I'm anxiously awaiting my own still. The number of people I know who are starting to get it is slowly.increasing and that's comforting to know.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oh I hate to hear that Nikki, but would you and Moony be okay financially if you did that? Like I think its a tough choice like on one hand your boss normally sounds pretty cool from what I understand, but if he going to push an unrealistic work load on you then it might best to do that ultimatium and look for another job. Unsure *hugs* Seem like a really tough situation! D:
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oh I hate to hear that Nikki, but would you and Moony be okay financially if you did that? Like I think its a tough choice like on one hand your boss normally sounds pretty cool from what I understand, but if he going to push an unrealistic work load on you then it might best to do that ultimatium and look for another job. Unsure *hugs* Seem like a really tough situation! D:
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think we'd be great if she dropped the job before having another lined up because my wages are basically nothing. Tongue

My week feels rather uneventful. Today was nice though; I went out for breakfast with Shira and her mother because it's the latters birthday, and it was really good. Although I did wake up feeling really down and felt like everything was shit, and trying to tell myself it wasn't that bad didn't really help at all. Not sure what else I'm doing with my day though.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think we'd be great if she dropped the job before having another lined up because my wages are basically nothing. Tongue

My week feels rather uneventful. Today was nice though; I went out for breakfast with Shira and her mother because it's the latters birthday, and it was really good. Although I did wake up feeling really down and felt like everything was shit, and trying to tell myself it wasn't that bad didn't really help at all. Not sure what else I'm doing with my day though.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Sad Keep hanging on, but glad the breakfast was good at least.

My week hasn't been specially different from any other recently. Keep going to bed after 11PM still when I shouldn't and I always know it when it approaches or passes the time. XD Yesterday I stayed longer at work intentionally as I was allowed, also didn't eat anything until 7PM when I last ate 7:30PM the previous night. OK I had a microwave soup 3ish hours before which was purely liquid so I was running on that and water for the day. LOL Wasn't starving as much as I thought I'd be, but still don't want to do that again. The Chinese was really good though and tried something different on the menu. Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Sad Keep hanging on, but glad the breakfast was good at least.

My week hasn't been specially different from any other recently. Keep going to bed after 11PM still when I shouldn't and I always know it when it approaches or passes the time. XD Yesterday I stayed longer at work intentionally as I was allowed, also didn't eat anything until 7PM when I last ate 7:30PM the previous night. OK I had a microwave soup 3ish hours before which was purely liquid so I was running on that and water for the day. LOL Wasn't starving as much as I thought I'd be, but still don't want to do that again. The Chinese was really good though and tried something different on the menu. Grin
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Was mostly recovering mentally from the death of Harley, our pet guinea pig. He was six years old, which is pretty old for a guinea pig (in fact, he was the oldest we'd ever had) - but, even so, nothing really prepares you for that Sad .

And, as a motorsports fan, the deaths of Murray Walker and Sabine Schmitz just made things even harder :'( .

Though, on a positive note, I did get an offer on NowTV sports (so I'm only paying £20 a month for it, instead of the £33.99 that I'd be paying otherwise). That's my Formula One viewing sorted for the year Grin !
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Was mostly recovering mentally from the death of Harley, our pet guinea pig. He was six years old, which is pretty old for a guinea pig (in fact, he was the oldest we'd ever had) - but, even so, nothing really prepares you for that Sad .

And, as a motorsports fan, the deaths of Murray Walker and Sabine Schmitz just made things even harder :'( .

Though, on a positive note, I did get an offer on NowTV sports (so I'm only paying £20 a month for it, instead of the £33.99 that I'd be paying otherwise). That's my Formula One viewing sorted for the year Grin !
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Kyng : Sorry on the loss of your guinea pig. Sounds like he lived a long life.
Also what, both Murray Walker and Sabine have gone?! So close together too. Knew former was getting on but didn't know about her cancer, probably would've known if I was watching motorsport like I used to with my brother. No one can ever touch Walker's commentating, was legendary indeed. F1-wise that is.

My day, ahh I need to stop caring about stuff at work. Try to do things right for what company expects yet fellow colleagues start getting annoyed by it. Rightly so though, I'd be the same if it was a busy day but Wednesday's are a piece of piss, we should be able to do things "normally". Whatever, my shift was over so I didn't have to deal with anything anymore until Friday. Still put me in a bad mood.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Kyng : Sorry on the loss of your guinea pig. Sounds like he lived a long life.
Also what, both Murray Walker and Sabine have gone?! So close together too. Knew former was getting on but didn't know about her cancer, probably would've known if I was watching motorsport like I used to with my brother. No one can ever touch Walker's commentating, was legendary indeed. F1-wise that is.

My day, ahh I need to stop caring about stuff at work. Try to do things right for what company expects yet fellow colleagues start getting annoyed by it. Rightly so though, I'd be the same if it was a busy day but Wednesday's are a piece of piss, we should be able to do things "normally". Whatever, my shift was over so I didn't have to deal with anything anymore until Friday. Still put me in a bad mood.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Sorry about your loss of Harley, Kyng. Even if you knew it was coming, it never stops the hurt from being any less painful. Harley is enjoying guinea life in a better place and will always love you ^_^

I know how you feel, EL, about not thinking work should affect you outside it. It's hard not to when it takes up the majority of your time, you know?

Having a surprisingly decent week. Work going smoothly (knock on wood, still one more day for shit to go south...) and got news that Moony and I will be eligible for a vaccine in two weeks
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Sorry about your loss of Harley, Kyng. Even if you knew it was coming, it never stops the hurt from being any less painful. Harley is enjoying guinea life in a better place and will always love you ^_^

I know how you feel, EL, about not thinking work should affect you outside it. It's hard not to when it takes up the majority of your time, you know?

Having a surprisingly decent week. Work going smoothly (knock on wood, still one more day for shit to go south...) and got news that Moony and I will be eligible for a vaccine in two weeks
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
A bit up-and-down, really. I had trouble sleeping on a couple of days; I had trouble at work; and I had times when I got depressed and really just wanted to give up. I even took Wednesday off work, since I was struggling with pretty much everything and thought I needed time to reset. In the end, it did its job: my work improved for the last two days of the week, and there was quite a good F1 race today, which allowed me to finish my week on a high note Grin .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
A bit up-and-down, really. I had trouble sleeping on a couple of days; I had trouble at work; and I had times when I got depressed and really just wanted to give up. I even took Wednesday off work, since I was struggling with pretty much everything and thought I needed time to reset. In the end, it did its job: my work improved for the last two days of the week, and there was quite a good F1 race today, which allowed me to finish my week on a high note Grin .
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
My week at work has been nuts with the amount of stock we got for my department, like Christmas pretty much, and so much was selling too. We thought we got way too much but customers proved otherwise, probably because of the easing of lockdown for the holiday weekend. Even so though the official rules were for mixing with two households but outside, so why are they getting ingredients for roast dinners? Yeah I expect them rules were broken for this 4 day weekend. I'll see how much of our 20p stock lasted tomorrow, potatoes and parsnips were going.

Friday was awesome for me because I decided to put more plates on my dumbbell and proceeded to do the most I've done this year so far. Thought I was going ache like heck but my body handled it fine. :3 Yesterday sucked though at the beginning of my shift but I won't go there, just a stupid mistake that bothered me.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
My week at work has been nuts with the amount of stock we got for my department, like Christmas pretty much, and so much was selling too. We thought we got way too much but customers proved otherwise, probably because of the easing of lockdown for the holiday weekend. Even so though the official rules were for mixing with two households but outside, so why are they getting ingredients for roast dinners? Yeah I expect them rules were broken for this 4 day weekend. I'll see how much of our 20p stock lasted tomorrow, potatoes and parsnips were going.

Friday was awesome for me because I decided to put more plates on my dumbbell and proceeded to do the most I've done this year so far. Thought I was going ache like heck but my body handled it fine. :3 Yesterday sucked though at the beginning of my shift but I won't go there, just a stupid mistake that bothered me.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
My day was fine until my internet went down again. Posted about it in the Game Night: Nintendo Switch topic. The nightmare never ends.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
My day was fine until my internet went down again. Posted about it in the Game Night: Nintendo Switch topic. The nightmare never ends.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 5th, 2021, 01:28 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
My day was fine until my internet went down again.  Posted about it in the Game Night: Nintendo Switch topic. The nightmare never ends.
That sucks. Sad Is it the same issue do you think?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 5th, 2021, 01:28 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
My day was fine until my internet went down again.  Posted about it in the Game Night: Nintendo Switch topic. The nightmare never ends.
That sucks. Sad Is it the same issue do you think?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
We have no idea. Every thing we've tried to do to fix it the last two days didn't work, but it's suddenly back up again now. So we have no idea what's going on. Despite it being back up, there's still problems. The Upstream light on our modem is green instead of blue, which means while we are getting the signal, it's weak. So I think eventually we're going to have to get the tech here to thoroughly check all the cables and what not and try to find out where the signal is being weakened.

This is how it was after we got it working again two weeks ago. The light was green instead of blue, connection lasted about two weeks until Sunday when it went down again. So I fully expect this to happen again at some point.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
We have no idea. Every thing we've tried to do to fix it the last two days didn't work, but it's suddenly back up again now. So we have no idea what's going on. Despite it being back up, there's still problems. The Upstream light on our modem is green instead of blue, which means while we are getting the signal, it's weak. So I think eventually we're going to have to get the tech here to thoroughly check all the cables and what not and try to find out where the signal is being weakened.

This is how it was after we got it working again two weeks ago. The light was green instead of blue, connection lasted about two weeks until Sunday when it went down again. So I fully expect this to happen again at some point.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 3,059 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,345 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,342 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 6,033 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface