How Was Your Day/Week?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Feeling good about the next few weeks. Got our first vaccine doses, I'm doing well in therapy and have an action plan on fixing my life at this point. Things are turning for the better Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Feeling good about the next few weeks. Got our first vaccine doses, I'm doing well in therapy and have an action plan on fixing my life at this point. Things are turning for the better Smile
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Survived work and our family's funeral. The funeral went well for what a funeral can be, I got the role of pushing my Nan in the wheelchair we got for her. Her home is too small/awkward for a wheelchair inside but if we ever have another day where she goes out with us, then we'll use it again. I'm kinda glad I did that and also aided her along with my dad and step-granddad in walking down steps outside their home as I would've stood around feeling useless. Today we went to see her again for her birthday.

My next week (tomorrow) is another week of my usual shifts plus more overtime for 6 days straight, whoo.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Survived work and our family's funeral. The funeral went well for what a funeral can be, I got the role of pushing my Nan in the wheelchair we got for her. Her home is too small/awkward for a wheelchair inside but if we ever have another day where she goes out with us, then we'll use it again. I'm kinda glad I did that and also aided her along with my dad and step-granddad in walking down steps outside their home as I would've stood around feeling useless. Today we went to see her again for her birthday.

My next week (tomorrow) is another week of my usual shifts plus more overtime for 6 days straight, whoo.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
This week's been pretty good on the whole - mainly because I was off work Grin . It gave me the opportunity to get out of the house a bit, especially now that places are re-opening; for example, I managed to go to Costa Coffee for the first time in months. However, we didn't yet feel confident having a sit-down meal at a restaurant, so we ended up getting a takeaway for my dad's birthday meal instead. Still, it was a great success: I got to have my favourite dishes (Chicken 65 and paneer tikka), which was a nice note on which to finish the week today!

Sadly, it's back to work tomorrow.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
This week's been pretty good on the whole - mainly because I was off work Grin . It gave me the opportunity to get out of the house a bit, especially now that places are re-opening; for example, I managed to go to Costa Coffee for the first time in months. However, we didn't yet feel confident having a sit-down meal at a restaurant, so we ended up getting a takeaway for my dad's birthday meal instead. Still, it was a great success: I got to have my favourite dishes (Chicken 65 and paneer tikka), which was a nice note on which to finish the week today!

Sadly, it's back to work tomorrow.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Well, for me, my week is already going s***, and it technically hasn't even started yet! See, I have a closing shift tonight, but the machine to scrub the floors is broken, so I have to mop them! Meaning I have to add at least 45 minutes to the estimate of me getting out. This would be fine IF I DIDN'T HAVE AN OPENING SHIFT AT 7 AM TOMORROW, but I do, so this means I won't be getting enough time to sleep, and my job did this to me when they KNOW I work two jobs and have to deal with children immediately after that shift! So, f*** me, y'know?
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Well, for me, my week is already going s***, and it technically hasn't even started yet! See, I have a closing shift tonight, but the machine to scrub the floors is broken, so I have to mop them! Meaning I have to add at least 45 minutes to the estimate of me getting out. This would be fine IF I DIDN'T HAVE AN OPENING SHIFT AT 7 AM TOMORROW, but I do, so this means I won't be getting enough time to sleep, and my job did this to me when they KNOW I work two jobs and have to deal with children immediately after that shift! So, f*** me, y'know?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
This past week for me was decent. Nothing too exciting happened, aside from payday, which is always nice. Finally got around to filing my taxes, so there went almost $600 to the Federal government, but then I'm getting like... $250-ish or so back from State, so I'm only losing in the area of $350-$400, which isn't too bad.

This next week should be pretty damn good, with the release of the NieR remake finally coming. My Collector's Edition should be shipping out on Monday, so I'm really looking forward to that.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
This past week for me was decent. Nothing too exciting happened, aside from payday, which is always nice. Finally got around to filing my taxes, so there went almost $600 to the Federal government, but then I'm getting like... $250-ish or so back from State, so I'm only losing in the area of $350-$400, which isn't too bad.

This next week should be pretty damn good, with the release of the NieR remake finally coming. My Collector's Edition should be shipping out on Monday, so I'm really looking forward to that.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
For my day today so far, it was pretty crap. It was fine when I first got to work, I only had two pallets to work which is very small for a delivery and figured I'd get that done in a couple of hours, leaving me with a very easy shift tomorrow as I wouldn't have any delivery to work. Alas, it wasn't meant to be, as the person who closed dairy/frozen last night basically didn't do anything, leaving me to do all of their shit this morning. I had a seven hour shift and basically spent all of it having to tidy up after this one guy and deal with customers asking for things they were supposed to fill and didn't do. So yeah, I get to now do all my delivery tomorrow instead. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
For my day today so far, it was pretty crap. It was fine when I first got to work, I only had two pallets to work which is very small for a delivery and figured I'd get that done in a couple of hours, leaving me with a very easy shift tomorrow as I wouldn't have any delivery to work. Alas, it wasn't meant to be, as the person who closed dairy/frozen last night basically didn't do anything, leaving me to do all of their shit this morning. I had a seven hour shift and basically spent all of it having to tidy up after this one guy and deal with customers asking for things they were supposed to fill and didn't do. So yeah, I get to now do all my delivery tomorrow instead. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
The heck? How long was the other guy's shift for? What an a-hole lumbering you with their mess. We've had night workers not show up or off on holiday with no one to fill in so get a remainder of delivery to do, but at least get help from other people eventually. Or date checkers off like this week which sets us back a bit, but still get to work on our actual department. Sucks you have to do it by yourself and not on the department you're meant to be focusing on.  Eh

My day today was OK, being a Wednesday I was fine with my other colleague helping out elsewhere (not on home shopping for once) while I dealt with produce alone for a few hours, would've been annoyed if it was Mon/Fri/Sat though. Then got home had takeaway lunch and played Monopoly and a card game multiple times with my Dad and sister, now waiting for my PS4 to download a game.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
The heck? How long was the other guy's shift for? What an a-hole lumbering you with their mess. We've had night workers not show up or off on holiday with no one to fill in so get a remainder of delivery to do, but at least get help from other people eventually. Or date checkers off like this week which sets us back a bit, but still get to work on our actual department. Sucks you have to do it by yourself and not on the department you're meant to be focusing on.  Eh

My day today was OK, being a Wednesday I was fine with my other colleague helping out elsewhere (not on home shopping for once) while I dealt with produce alone for a few hours, would've been annoyed if it was Mon/Fri/Sat though. Then got home had takeaway lunch and played Monopoly and a card game multiple times with my Dad and sister, now waiting for my PS4 to download a game.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 12th, 2021, 07:14 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
As far as I know he had a full shift, but he basically doesn't like to do any work or listen to people. So he just didn't bother filling up any essential products nor tidying the shelves properly. They should really kick him back onto bagging because he sucks at stocking.

Produce is busy on those three days you mentioned or is there just more stuff to do those days for some reason?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 12th, 2021, 07:14 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
As far as I know he had a full shift, but he basically doesn't like to do any work or listen to people. So he just didn't bother filling up any essential products nor tidying the shelves properly. They should really kick him back onto bagging because he sucks at stocking.

Produce is busy on those three days you mentioned or is there just more stuff to do those days for some reason?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
How'd he even be considered for stocking shelves or kept on there if he's like that? Then again after reading what management are like when you did go to someone about having clear up after another colleague, which I'm assuming is the very same person, they won't deal with it.

Yup, they're the busiest days, Friday and Saturday about the same for heavy delivery at the end of the week and customer rate both on shop floor and home shopping, Monday is very close behind, but can have a rare quiet day. Sunday I've never worked for produce but at least know it can be heavy delivery. The other three days I worked recently alongside the three busy days in a row to compare and they were blissful, unless it's a holiday then every day is screwed, even Valentines and Mother's Day because of masses of flowers. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
How'd he even be considered for stocking shelves or kept on there if he's like that? Then again after reading what management are like when you did go to someone about having clear up after another colleague, which I'm assuming is the very same person, they won't deal with it.

Yup, they're the busiest days, Friday and Saturday about the same for heavy delivery at the end of the week and customer rate both on shop floor and home shopping, Monday is very close behind, but can have a rare quiet day. Sunday I've never worked for produce but at least know it can be heavy delivery. The other three days I worked recently alongside the three busy days in a row to compare and they were blissful, unless it's a holiday then every day is screwed, even Valentines and Mother's Day because of masses of flowers. XD
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The first few days weren't that great, since I struggled to sleep, and I had a tedious project at work that was just dragging on >_< . However, things got better towards the end of the week: the project is almost finished (should only require one more working day, or at most two), and I got to see my sister again in Oxford (we didn't do a whole lot, other than walking around colleges and parks, but it was nice to see her again).

I do have a week off work in a couple of weeks' time, so I'm certainly looking forward to that Smile !
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The first few days weren't that great, since I struggled to sleep, and I had a tedious project at work that was just dragging on >_< . However, things got better towards the end of the week: the project is almost finished (should only require one more working day, or at most two), and I got to see my sister again in Oxford (we didn't do a whole lot, other than walking around colleges and parks, but it was nice to see her again).

I do have a week off work in a couple of weeks' time, so I'm certainly looking forward to that Smile !
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Two long shifts out of nowhere. Did my first ever 12-9 shift today, I've done lates before but only 6 or so hours. The first four hours felt like morning time until after 5PM where things really died down, didn't realise Monday can have that as it's usually very busy during the day, although that being said I still didn't manage to get everything I wanted done. Had a bad hair day to boot, but I have an appointment finally to get rid of the mass that's on top of my head. ROFL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Two long shifts out of nowhere. Did my first ever 12-9 shift today, I've done lates before but only 6 or so hours. The first four hours felt like morning time until after 5PM where things really died down, didn't realise Monday can have that as it's usually very busy during the day, although that being said I still didn't manage to get everything I wanted done. Had a bad hair day to boot, but I have an appointment finally to get rid of the mass that's on top of my head. ROFL
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
work work work work work

nothing else but work kicking my ass. running this store is easy as pie but since no one wants to apply to jobs, I'm short staffed. being that I'm salaried, guess who covers?! fantastic. so fantastic.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
work work work work work

nothing else but work kicking my ass. running this store is easy as pie but since no one wants to apply to jobs, I'm short staffed. being that I'm salaried, guess who covers?! fantastic. so fantastic.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I made a child cry today. So I'm doing just great!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 18th, 2021, 05:14 AM)Monocle Wrote:
work work work work work

Jeez, that sucks. I hope it changes soon. Sad
(May 18th, 2021, 10:36 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
What did you do? XD

My day was... long. I went to work at 4am and only just got home (it's now 6pm for anyone wondering). My day was fine otherwise, just a lot longer than I wanted or expected.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 18th, 2021, 05:14 AM)Monocle Wrote:
work work work work work

Jeez, that sucks. I hope it changes soon. Sad
What did you do? XD

My day was... long. I went to work at 4am and only just got home (it's now 6pm for anyone wondering). My day was fine otherwise, just a lot longer than I wanted or expected.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(May 18th, 2021, 11:06 PM)Moonface Wrote:
What did you do? XD

I told him he was lying to me when he tried to claim he wasn't doing something he clearly was. These kids are driving me up a wall...
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(May 18th, 2021, 11:06 PM)Moonface Wrote:
What did you do? XD

I told him he was lying to me when he tried to claim he wasn't doing something he clearly was. These kids are driving me up a wall...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 3,087 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,357 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,348 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 6,046 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface