How Was Your Day/Week?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Maniakkid25: Lovely. I'd like to think it would be a teaching moment for them, but they're either too young to understand properly or just can't be reached at that moment because they're crying.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Maniakkid25: Lovely. I'd like to think it would be a teaching moment for them, but they're either too young to understand properly or just can't be reached at that moment because they're crying.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Week going by relatively smoothly. I'm nervous for next week but hoping the goodness from this week leaks over into the next. Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Week going by relatively smoothly. I'm nervous for next week but hoping the goodness from this week leaks over into the next. Smile
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
got the second shot today so I wasn't really up for much work today. made the staff really knock everything out and I vegged in my office. took tomorrow off because I know I'll be feeling it waaaay more. guess it gives me time to keep messing around with this PC. bought lots of goodies for it too
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
got the second shot today so I wasn't really up for much work today. made the staff really knock everything out and I vegged in my office. took tomorrow off because I know I'll be feeling it waaaay more. guess it gives me time to keep messing around with this PC. bought lots of goodies for it too
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 20th, 2021, 07:17 AM)Monocle Wrote:
How's it feeling today? I got hit hard with my second shot but mostly for just the morning; it got better as the day went on and with Tylenol.

My day was pretty good overall, except I have managed to get an ear infection and my hearing is muffled slightly.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 20th, 2021, 07:17 AM)Monocle Wrote:
How's it feeling today? I got hit hard with my second shot but mostly for just the morning; it got better as the day went on and with Tylenol.

My day was pretty good overall, except I have managed to get an ear infection and my hearing is muffled slightly.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
you got Pfizer vaccine? because I envy you. I was in such horrible shape. Shaking uncontrollably. couldn't even hold a cup to pour water into our bring it to my lips to drink. thank god it only later the day
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
you got Pfizer vaccine? because I envy you. I was in such horrible shape. Shaking uncontrollably. couldn't even hold a cup to pour water into our bring it to my lips to drink. thank god it only later the day
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
This past week wasn't too bad. I managed to put the finishing touches to that project that I was talking about last week - so I was finally able to move on to something new Grin . On the other hand, I didn't have much energy all week - but that was really my own fault for staying up too late Sad .

But, on the plus side, I did get a much-needed haircut (for the first time in almost a year)!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
This past week wasn't too bad. I managed to put the finishing touches to that project that I was talking about last week - so I was finally able to move on to something new Grin . On the other hand, I didn't have much energy all week - but that was really my own fault for staying up too late Sad .

But, on the plus side, I did get a much-needed haircut (for the first time in almost a year)!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 23rd, 2021, 04:32 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Yeah, I got Pfizer. If you think what I got was envious, I found out my parents also got the same vaccine and neither of them had a single side effect. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 23rd, 2021, 04:32 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Yeah, I got Pfizer. If you think what I got was envious, I found out my parents also got the same vaccine and neither of them had a single side effect. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Well this week's been great. Work as normal apart from the longer shift today, going in tomorrow too (which happens to be good now). My cat went in to have her teeth cleaned earlier in the week but vet found she has a kidney problem, we got her back but she is now on a strict diet. Worst of all though my Nan has been in bed and unable to get up apart from an odd toilet visit at her home, but after a while been sent into hospital, she's not eating anymore and could be on her way out. Ah, edit this, she's not in a good state and my step-granddad was the one who told so he may have been exaggerating my nan might not have many days left, but he still could be right that much is obvious. Glad I got to see her when we went as a group some weekend ago because the hospital is only allowing one person to visit a day or something. Frickin' Covid.
Ha and what's more is my brother was in a car crash today, whoo! Thank goodness he was OK and not injured or worse because hoo boy, life be trippin' at the moment.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Well this week's been great. Work as normal apart from the longer shift today, going in tomorrow too (which happens to be good now). My cat went in to have her teeth cleaned earlier in the week but vet found she has a kidney problem, we got her back but she is now on a strict diet. Worst of all though my Nan has been in bed and unable to get up apart from an odd toilet visit at her home, but after a while been sent into hospital, she's not eating anymore and could be on her way out. Ah, edit this, she's not in a good state and my step-granddad was the one who told so he may have been exaggerating my nan might not have many days left, but he still could be right that much is obvious. Glad I got to see her when we went as a group some weekend ago because the hospital is only allowing one person to visit a day or something. Frickin' Covid.
Ha and what's more is my brother was in a car crash today, whoo! Thank goodness he was OK and not injured or worse because hoo boy, life be trippin' at the moment.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Sorry to hear about your nan. Was your brothers crash bad or just a fender bender type thing?

My day today has been pretty decent, although fatigue caught up with me enough that I needed to sleep when I got home from work and that was four hours ago at this point I got home, and I only just properly woke up. LOL

The week in general hasn't been very eventful or different, but it might just feel that way because of how last weekend was very busy, what with the Alabama trip and memorial day.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Sorry to hear about your nan. Was your brothers crash bad or just a fender bender type thing?

My day today has been pretty decent, although fatigue caught up with me enough that I needed to sleep when I got home from work and that was four hours ago at this point I got home, and I only just properly woke up. LOL

The week in general hasn't been very eventful or different, but it might just feel that way because of how last weekend was very busy, what with the Alabama trip and memorial day.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
My nan might be returning home, but will have a bed in their living room but need assistance for the bathroom as that is upstairs. I'm assuming there'll be a carer too and maybe she won't refuse them this time.
My brother's wasn't really bad, his partner and her father were in the car and they're alright as well, and it happened on a turning where there have been many crashes before apparently. Another car was involved, not heard much about them so assume they're fine too.

I have another week of overtime fun this week, past week has been normal apart from starting the overtime run yesterday and Friday. I have some time off coming up soonish finally. *looks at date* Er, almost last week of this month (not the Mon).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
My nan might be returning home, but will have a bed in their living room but need assistance for the bathroom as that is upstairs. I'm assuming there'll be a carer too and maybe she won't refuse them this time.
My brother's wasn't really bad, his partner and her father were in the car and they're alright as well, and it happened on a turning where there have been many crashes before apparently. Another car was involved, not heard much about them so assume they're fine too.

I have another week of overtime fun this week, past week has been normal apart from starting the overtime run yesterday and Friday. I have some time off coming up soonish finally. *looks at date* Er, almost last week of this month (not the Mon).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: That's good to hear that all those parties aren't doing too bad given their respective circumstances.
How on earth are you getting all that OT without the store needing to send people home like what usually happens after Christmas due to going over budget for the month on wages?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: That's good to hear that all those parties aren't doing too bad given their respective circumstances.
How on earth are you getting all that OT without the store needing to send people home like what usually happens after Christmas due to going over budget for the month on wages?
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Quite nice, actually Grin . My sister came home for a week for my mum's birthday - and we did a little bit of travelling, since we haven't had much of a chance to do that lately. (Granted, most of the places we visited were gardens - but, it was certainly better than nothing at all!)

Also, I got an appointment for a COVID vaccine. It'll be on Saturday afternoon, although I don't know yet which one I'll be getting.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Quite nice, actually Grin . My sister came home for a week for my mum's birthday - and we did a little bit of travelling, since we haven't had much of a chance to do that lately. (Granted, most of the places we visited were gardens - but, it was certainly better than nothing at all!)

Also, I got an appointment for a COVID vaccine. It'll be on Saturday afternoon, although I don't know yet which one I'll be getting.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jun 6th, 2021, 03:45 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Cover for holiday and people calling in sick (rarer). We normally work out cover between ourselves, although that's between our main five workers. I usually cover Saturday for my section leader when it's her weekend off, but after losing a colleague to GM their hours have messed our department up a bit (Mon, Wed, Sun) so there's overtime going there until if we ever get anyone new or higher ups stop it.

In today's shift I had a first ever, I never took out any stock to fill in my 6 hours. Well other than flowers and watering them. XD Stock did need to go out but I kept having to do something else before I could do any.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

Cover for holiday and people calling in sick (rarer). We normally work out cover between ourselves, although that's between our main five workers. I usually cover Saturday for my section leader when it's her weekend off, but after losing a colleague to GM their hours have messed our department up a bit (Mon, Wed, Sun) so there's overtime going there until if we ever get anyone new or higher ups stop it.

In today's shift I had a first ever, I never took out any stock to fill in my 6 hours. Well other than flowers and watering them. XD Stock did need to go out but I kept having to do something else before I could do any.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 7th, 2021, 01:09 AM)Kyng Wrote:

Where'd you go? Smile
Also good luck with your vaccine appointment! Grin

(Jun 8th, 2021, 04:01 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Ah, I see. I guess they'll only care to hire someone else if it's affecting the budgets, but if you're all just covering someone who's left the department then in theory the budget isn't really being affected.
I've had shifts like that. I think I had one where I started at 5am and didn't put out stock until something like 12pm, and I left an hour later anyway. Rolleyes

Today has been okay so far. Only worked a six hour shift because my store has a smaller budget during the summer so hours have to be cut down. It's fine by me since I can still get my work done in the shorter shift anyway.
Prior to today, just been feeling rather sad the last two days and trying to avoid thinking everything is shit or that problems exist that don't. The only good thing I can really recall of the last two days is I finally finished my college application to start my degree.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 7th, 2021, 01:09 AM)Kyng Wrote:

Where'd you go? Smile
Also good luck with your vaccine appointment! Grin

(Jun 8th, 2021, 04:01 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Ah, I see. I guess they'll only care to hire someone else if it's affecting the budgets, but if you're all just covering someone who's left the department then in theory the budget isn't really being affected.
I've had shifts like that. I think I had one where I started at 5am and didn't put out stock until something like 12pm, and I left an hour later anyway. Rolleyes

Today has been okay so far. Only worked a six hour shift because my store has a smaller budget during the summer so hours have to be cut down. It's fine by me since I can still get my work done in the shorter shift anyway.
Prior to today, just been feeling rather sad the last two days and trying to avoid thinking everything is shit or that problems exist that don't. The only good thing I can really recall of the last two days is I finally finished my college application to start my degree.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Uh, f*** today.

So, my phone decided to completely break my battery after a 3 foot drop, meaning I had to get it fixed. That would have taken three days, so I had to get it replaced so that I wasn't, you know, WITHOUT A PHONE FOR 3 F***ING DAYS! This, apparently, was the wrong choice according to my father, so he decided to berate me and tell me to go back and get the old one fixed, which I can't do because I got the replacement phone! And then, when I, you know, try to find a compromise, and find a lead on somewhere I CAN go and ger it fixed, he says "no; come home, I'll deal with it," which makes me wonder why he even bothered sending me in the first f***ing place, AND THEN MY PARENTS WONDER WHY I FREAK OUT AND BLAME MYSELF FOR EVERY SINGLE MINOR F***UP POSSIBLE, I FUCKING HATE THAT MAN! I FUCKING HATE HIM!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Uh, f*** today.

So, my phone decided to completely break my battery after a 3 foot drop, meaning I had to get it fixed. That would have taken three days, so I had to get it replaced so that I wasn't, you know, WITHOUT A PHONE FOR 3 F***ING DAYS! This, apparently, was the wrong choice according to my father, so he decided to berate me and tell me to go back and get the old one fixed, which I can't do because I got the replacement phone! And then, when I, you know, try to find a compromise, and find a lead on somewhere I CAN go and ger it fixed, he says "no; come home, I'll deal with it," which makes me wonder why he even bothered sending me in the first f***ing place, AND THEN MY PARENTS WONDER WHY I FREAK OUT AND BLAME MYSELF FOR EVERY SINGLE MINOR F***UP POSSIBLE, I FUCKING HATE THAT MAN! I FUCKING HATE HIM!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 3,156 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,370 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,354 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 6,056 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface