Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
A Digimon TCG tourney, which I know, sounds right up my alley, given my status as a Digimon fanboy. But I'm just sort of like "eh, its whatever." But now I'm kinda committed.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
A Digimon TCG tourney, which I know, sounds right up my alley, given my status as a Digimon fanboy. But I'm just sort of like "eh, its whatever." But now I'm kinda committed.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 2nd, 2021, 05:30 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Also, now employees are back to being forced to wear masks (BUT NOT CUSTOMERS!), and I forgot mine at home. Then, I got invited to an event, and because I'm an idiot, I didn't say "I don't really want to" even though I don't really want to. So, now my night is shot, because I have to get to bed early again for another early shift!
Yeah, I mentioned that change in the Covid thread. Did your store not hand out new masks? My store said they were going to give everyone a new mask starting from this past weekend so that no one would be without one.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 2nd, 2021, 05:30 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Also, now employees are back to being forced to wear masks (BUT NOT CUSTOMERS!), and I forgot mine at home. Then, I got invited to an event, and because I'm an idiot, I didn't say "I don't really want to" even though I don't really want to. So, now my night is shot, because I have to get to bed early again for another early shift!
Yeah, I mentioned that change in the Covid thread. Did your store not hand out new masks? My store said they were going to give everyone a new mask starting from this past weekend so that no one would be without one.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Week has been going better as I'm not at work and not been at home, but now I'm back home I'll do...stuff. Had a few quiet days, big day yesterday for a 14 mile walk then back home. Intend to sort some things out like shaving, my phone, gardening, weightlifting then prepare for work again. Friday my cat has an appointment, but there's a possibility it could end badly if the vet goes through with the teeth cleaning but she doesn't wake up from anaesthetic. Or vet says she still needs time before it can happen as it was delayed before from health issues. We'll see but we're going to try it so she has some quality end of life alive, but if she goes she goes. Obviously sad but fingers crossed we'll get her back.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Week has been going better as I'm not at work and not been at home, but now I'm back home I'll do...stuff. Had a few quiet days, big day yesterday for a 14 mile walk then back home. Intend to sort some things out like shaving, my phone, gardening, weightlifting then prepare for work again. Friday my cat has an appointment, but there's a possibility it could end badly if the vet goes through with the teeth cleaning but she doesn't wake up from anaesthetic. Or vet says she still needs time before it can happen as it was delayed before from health issues. We'll see but we're going to try it so she has some quality end of life alive, but if she goes she goes. Obviously sad but fingers crossed we'll get her back.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hoping everything goes well for you and your kitty! Sad
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hoping everything goes well for you and your kitty! Sad
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks, Shira. We have for at least another week from Friday as her visit was postponed, and her bout yesterday wasn't good because her age could mean that could happen at any moment, luckily it seemed to be a different reason. She's back to sleeping soundly, trying to get food and jumping up on the dining table to get attention/food like she normally does. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks, Shira. We have for at least another week from Friday as her visit was postponed, and her bout yesterday wasn't good because her age could mean that could happen at any moment, luckily it seemed to be a different reason. She's back to sleeping soundly, trying to get food and jumping up on the dining table to get attention/food like she normally does. XD
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Pretty good, thanks.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Pretty good, thanks.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope things turn out okay @Mr EliteL. Sad

@Nightingale: Nice to hear your week was good! Smile

My week was a very mixed bag, what with the board issues at the start of the week along with my head troubles getting more frequent and worse in some cases. On the brighter side, I managed to sign up for a class at university that starts in about two weeks, and I have a neurologist appointment in about 12 days to finally start getting to the bottom of what's going on with my head this past few weeks.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope things turn out okay @Mr EliteL. Sad

@Nightingale: Nice to hear your week was good! Smile

My week was a very mixed bag, what with the board issues at the start of the week along with my head troubles getting more frequent and worse in some cases. On the brighter side, I managed to sign up for a class at university that starts in about two weeks, and I have a neurologist appointment in about 12 days to finally start getting to the bottom of what's going on with my head this past few weeks.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Glad to hear all the positive news from everyone, despite some hardships falling on Moony (which, in turn, affects me). Been strange working at home again all week but it appears my work woes have been solved and I'll be able to return tomorrow. Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Glad to hear all the positive news from everyone, despite some hardships falling on Moony (which, in turn, affects me). Been strange working at home again all week but it appears my work woes have been solved and I'll be able to return tomorrow. Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've had a sore throat all far today to go along with the stomach issues I mentioned earlier in UCT, so overall my day hasn't been as good as I would've liked but it wasn't terrible either. I just hope I'm not coming down with something like Covid because of the sore throat. D=

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've had a sore throat all far today to go along with the stomach issues I mentioned earlier in UCT, so overall my day hasn't been as good as I would've liked but it wasn't terrible either. I just hope I'm not coming down with something like Covid because of the sore throat. D=
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeesh, take it easy Moony and hope you get better at least from the sore throat and stomach pain. Sad Also hope neurologist gives some answers/advice and Uni work gives you some much needed focus on something else.

Day yesterday went OK, about as much as I expected from returning to work, other departments needing help too which I thought was going to happen anyway from the amount of people leaving. Not as fond with the new area/department manager, there's only two now who are both new for the whole store and one store manager wtf, maybe a night one but not sure. Stupid recruiters should've employed/kept the one I actually like, he deserved the spot.  Hmph
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeesh, take it easy Moony and hope you get better at least from the sore throat and stomach pain. Sad Also hope neurologist gives some answers/advice and Uni work gives you some much needed focus on something else.

Day yesterday went OK, about as much as I expected from returning to work, other departments needing help too which I thought was going to happen anyway from the amount of people leaving. Not as fond with the new area/department manager, there's only two now who are both new for the whole store and one store manager wtf, maybe a night one but not sure. Stupid recruiters should've employed/kept the one I actually like, he deserved the spot.  Hmph
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Hoping things go smoothly from yesterday onward at your store, EL. Sad

Today's been.... fun. Just completely fucked myself over today from the get-go by fucking up yesterday: I completely missed my medication in the morning. I got distracted with something that threw me off my normal routine (I had a new lunch idea) and it made me forget to take them. Had a headache of unknown origin all day, then couldn't sleep properly cuz my allergies started acting up in the middle of the night because of my lack of allergy meds inside me, which led me to not waking up in time for work. Ugh. Cascading things all day. Hoping tomorrow I can rectify and have more control over. The big boss is back in the office and there's an expectation looming overhead Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Hoping things go smoothly from yesterday onward at your store, EL. Sad

Today's been.... fun. Just completely fucked myself over today from the get-go by fucking up yesterday: I completely missed my medication in the morning. I got distracted with something that threw me off my normal routine (I had a new lunch idea) and it made me forget to take them. Had a headache of unknown origin all day, then couldn't sleep properly cuz my allergies started acting up in the middle of the night because of my lack of allergy meds inside me, which led me to not waking up in time for work. Ugh. Cascading things all day. Hoping tomorrow I can rectify and have more control over. The big boss is back in the office and there's an expectation looming overhead Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Far less productive than I would have liked it to be. I've been trying to set up Summer Meltdown all day but I'm trying to put a few different things in to normal so that it isn't just an exact repeat of last year and it's harder than I expected it to be. Doh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Far less productive than I would have liked it to be. I've been trying to set up Summer Meltdown all day but I'm trying to put a few different things in to normal so that it isn't just an exact repeat of last year and it's harder than I expected it to be. Doh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'll just vent for a bit. Ah so two weeks without my section leader came to an end today. Yeah she has tomorrow off but for me my covering shifts ended today. Last week was quite fine other than the weird Thursday being busier than Friday and Saturday. This week started fine kind of, but we've had to help other departments more than usual. Definitely today when it screwed us over 3-4 hours (2 were unnecessary I thought)  of not being on our department and it shows what happens as the shopfloor looked shit even as I left at 4. What's more is that we lost our Saturday evening colleague who did 12-9, no one covering and ah it's 5PM now which means there's nobody there now. XD It's annoying though as we also lost our deputy manager who would usually make sure we were back working where we are supposed to be, but nah we had to stay on this time, on a back to normal busy Saturday. Myself and the two others who were in just gave up trying, not stress ourselves out over it and have it show what it looks like when we're screwed. Oh and we were also named best department somehow even with lack of guns to "properly" work the stock and always handing in a report late, then today happened. ROFL New managers also expect "some of us to work harder than others" which I took it as "you're the best department, you guys can pull more weight around then." Don't get me wrong, don't mind helping if it's not for long, but like I mentioned earlier, we should've been allowed to go back earlier.  Hmph  Tomorrow has the same problem, no one for evening but at least we're only open for 6.5 hours. Eh whatever, relax tomorrow and see what happens Monday.

Ah yes tomorrow I'm visiting an old friend from secondary school I've been meaning to see but covid happened which delayed it, but we finally sorted something out.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'll just vent for a bit. Ah so two weeks without my section leader came to an end today. Yeah she has tomorrow off but for me my covering shifts ended today. Last week was quite fine other than the weird Thursday being busier than Friday and Saturday. This week started fine kind of, but we've had to help other departments more than usual. Definitely today when it screwed us over 3-4 hours (2 were unnecessary I thought)  of not being on our department and it shows what happens as the shopfloor looked shit even as I left at 4. What's more is that we lost our Saturday evening colleague who did 12-9, no one covering and ah it's 5PM now which means there's nobody there now. XD It's annoying though as we also lost our deputy manager who would usually make sure we were back working where we are supposed to be, but nah we had to stay on this time, on a back to normal busy Saturday. Myself and the two others who were in just gave up trying, not stress ourselves out over it and have it show what it looks like when we're screwed. Oh and we were also named best department somehow even with lack of guns to "properly" work the stock and always handing in a report late, then today happened. ROFL New managers also expect "some of us to work harder than others" which I took it as "you're the best department, you guys can pull more weight around then." Don't get me wrong, don't mind helping if it's not for long, but like I mentioned earlier, we should've been allowed to go back earlier.  Hmph  Tomorrow has the same problem, no one for evening but at least we're only open for 6.5 hours. Eh whatever, relax tomorrow and see what happens Monday.

Ah yes tomorrow I'm visiting an old friend from secondary school I've been meaning to see but covid happened which delayed it, but we finally sorted something out.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 21st, 2021, 05:25 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
New managers also expect "some of us to work harder than others" which I took it as "you're the best department, you guys can pull more weight around then."
Not the exact same situation for me, but I have had higher ups expect me to handle multiple departments just because I can get my own work done quickly, but if anyone on those departments gets done quickly you can bet they won't come help me if and when I need it. Rolleyes

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess it's Matt?

My week has been a mixed bag. Slept really badly over the weekend (like, three hours a night) because of anxiety over starting at a new university, and I also injured my knee on Saturday which is still bothering me a little now. I thought my ongoing headaches were starting to become less severe and then yesterday I had an awful migraine come on at about 3pm and I'm still trying to get rid of it now. I do have some really strong painkillers that were given to me for it but they didn't do anything for me, and when I called off work the store manager asked me on the phone if I could just come in later despite me telling her that no medication is even working for me and I've had this shit for 14+ hours. Rolleyes
I'm also having to deal with my university still classifying me as a non-Florida student and expecting me to pay $2000+ for a single class. I'm not paying that unless they promise to refund me when they approve me as a resident. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
New managers also expect "some of us to work harder than others" which I took it as "you're the best department, you guys can pull more weight around then."
Not the exact same situation for me, but I have had higher ups expect me to handle multiple departments just because I can get my own work done quickly, but if anyone on those departments gets done quickly you can bet they won't come help me if and when I need it. Rolleyes

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess it's Matt?

My week has been a mixed bag. Slept really badly over the weekend (like, three hours a night) because of anxiety over starting at a new university, and I also injured my knee on Saturday which is still bothering me a little now. I thought my ongoing headaches were starting to become less severe and then yesterday I had an awful migraine come on at about 3pm and I'm still trying to get rid of it now. I do have some really strong painkillers that were given to me for it but they didn't do anything for me, and when I called off work the store manager asked me on the phone if I could just come in later despite me telling her that no medication is even working for me and I've had this shit for 14+ hours. Rolleyes
I'm also having to deal with my university still classifying me as a non-Florida student and expecting me to pay $2000+ for a single class. I'm not paying that unless they promise to refund me when they approve me as a resident. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface

That's what we get sometimes, we help another department which is usually home shopping or chilled, so whoever's gone over even if it's just one it always guarantees our department goes to shit. Unless we have 4 people in for some reason and we lose one it's fine though. At least here there is a rare occurrence of help appearing but seems like there you don't get any help whatsoever FFS.  Hmph Like yesterday our section leader had to do nights starting 10PM previous, having worked till 4PM the same day until noon yesterday. I had to help with delivery too when I came in and we had only one more colleague in the rest of the day at noon. We got one person helping for about an hour, oh and two people helped with our delivery a bit in the morning. I happened to like yesterday though despite the shitshow, because there were no managers telling me what to do other than put flowers out at 11AM while I was still racking away, thought that meant not worrying about that area for the remainder of the day so OK.

Yes, it was Matt. He arranged it because I still don't have a car yet and with covid delaying our plan to meet up again in 2020, finally got to. He has own place now a semi-detached home still Chelmsford with his partner, and they have a baby and cat. Luckily the baby wasn't trouble, the cat was adorable though and we played a few PS1 games.  =3

Also damnit, crap keeps happening to you. Stupid Uni not classing you as a citizen. Hope that headache's stopped now.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface

That's what we get sometimes, we help another department which is usually home shopping or chilled, so whoever's gone over even if it's just one it always guarantees our department goes to shit. Unless we have 4 people in for some reason and we lose one it's fine though. At least here there is a rare occurrence of help appearing but seems like there you don't get any help whatsoever FFS.  Hmph Like yesterday our section leader had to do nights starting 10PM previous, having worked till 4PM the same day until noon yesterday. I had to help with delivery too when I came in and we had only one more colleague in the rest of the day at noon. We got one person helping for about an hour, oh and two people helped with our delivery a bit in the morning. I happened to like yesterday though despite the shitshow, because there were no managers telling me what to do other than put flowers out at 11AM while I was still racking away, thought that meant not worrying about that area for the remainder of the day so OK.

Yes, it was Matt. He arranged it because I still don't have a car yet and with covid delaying our plan to meet up again in 2020, finally got to. He has own place now a semi-detached home still Chelmsford with his partner, and they have a baby and cat. Luckily the baby wasn't trouble, the cat was adorable though and we played a few PS1 games.  =3

Also damnit, crap keeps happening to you. Stupid Uni not classing you as a citizen. Hope that headache's stopped now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 3,083 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,356 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,347 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 6,043 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface