How Was Your Day/Week?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Damn, dude has a kid?! Guess I shouldn't be surprised, considering we're all roughly 30 which isn't a young age for a kid, but I guess it's still crazy to think of someone we grew up around having a kid. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Damn, dude has a kid?! Guess I shouldn't be surprised, considering we're all roughly 30 which isn't a young age for a kid, but I guess it's still crazy to think of someone we grew up around having a kid. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yep, has a baby boy. Is mind-boggling one of us has got a kid, they've not tied knot yet like you have though. But all that could've happened 10 years ago or even earlier seeing as how people younger, quite possibly even half our age have kids already, but then again that's not in a sensible fashion like people should do. XD We're probably sorta old in their eyes in a way. Another thing he's done is he sold all of his consoles and video games (before getting the PS3 I mentioned that we played on that day), uses PC for gaming instead, plus a game on his...rather expensive mobile. Also, I did ask if Matt would like to meet with you if and when you're able to come here and he did show interest in that.

My week has been fine...day today was fine. Just work and Genshin. Today was quite relaxing for a Saturday though, it was busy but had an extra pair of hands and at 3PM all of us were wondering around our department taking note of things we need, because the higher ups want to invest in Produce, or rather Green Grocers they want to call us now. We'll be getting a new uniform that has that on the back, great... LOL
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yep, has a baby boy. Is mind-boggling one of us has got a kid, they've not tied knot yet like you have though. But all that could've happened 10 years ago or even earlier seeing as how people younger, quite possibly even half our age have kids already, but then again that's not in a sensible fashion like people should do. XD We're probably sorta old in their eyes in a way. Another thing he's done is he sold all of his consoles and video games (before getting the PS3 I mentioned that we played on that day), uses PC for gaming instead, plus a game on his...rather expensive mobile. Also, I did ask if Matt would like to meet with you if and when you're able to come here and he did show interest in that.

My week has been fine...day today was fine. Just work and Genshin. Today was quite relaxing for a Saturday though, it was busy but had an extra pair of hands and at 3PM all of us were wondering around our department taking note of things we need, because the higher ups want to invest in Produce, or rather Green Grocers they want to call us now. We'll be getting a new uniform that has that on the back, great... LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
"Green Grocers" ROFL Gotta love corporate's brilliant ideas to make you feel just as dignified as if you had done something worthy of such shame and cringe that they have no idea they're causing. Rolleyes

Felt like I mostly wasted this long weekend of mine (Labor Day, woo), but it mainly just made me feel like I need to take time off work, and soon. We're finally making some progress on our house and it just needs a little more time and attention into so it can be pushed forward instead of a constant state of disunity.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
"Green Grocers" ROFL Gotta love corporate's brilliant ideas to make you feel just as dignified as if you had done something worthy of such shame and cringe that they have no idea they're causing. Rolleyes

Felt like I mostly wasted this long weekend of mine (Labor Day, woo), but it mainly just made me feel like I need to take time off work, and soon. We're finally making some progress on our house and it just needs a little more time and attention into so it can be pushed forward instead of a constant state of disunity.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 4th, 2021, 08:05 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Another thing he's done is he sold all of his consoles and video games (before getting the PS3 I mentioned that we played on that day), uses PC for gaming instead, plus a game on his...rather expensive mobile. Also, I did ask if Matt would like to meet with you if and when you're able to come here and he did show interest in that.
I thought for a second he was going to have sold it all and just be out of gaming entirely. XD
Yeah, maybe by the time I can get over there I'll have a walking stick and he'll be a grandfather. ROFL

(Sep 7th, 2021, 04:00 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Eh, it's not a new term that some corporate wig came up with. That's the term we use for any store that sells only produce and I suspect corporate wants to roll with the term because it fits the name of the department and acts as a title for the role of the workers at the same time that sounds more professional than just "produce clerk". Bit like how a meat department would try and use the term butcher instead because it's an actual established profession over "meat cutter".

My last few days were rather eh. Trauma therapy has been messing with my head and I'm trying to determine if I've picked up some degree of sleep walking because I'll wake in the morning noticing I've done something that would require me to be awake and yet have no recollection of ever doing it. Yesterday I thought my alarm broke and didn't go off, turns out I had turned it off myself in the night at some point, so I ended up being an hour late to work. Slept like ass last night paranoid I'd screw with my alarms again. Work wasn't great because of being late and tired so I wasn't as productive as I could've been. Did go to see a movie today and eat at a British pub I'd never been to which was nice, and also bought some candles from Bath & Bodyworks. ^_^

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 4th, 2021, 08:05 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Another thing he's done is he sold all of his consoles and video games (before getting the PS3 I mentioned that we played on that day), uses PC for gaming instead, plus a game on his...rather expensive mobile. Also, I did ask if Matt would like to meet with you if and when you're able to come here and he did show interest in that.
I thought for a second he was going to have sold it all and just be out of gaming entirely. XD
Yeah, maybe by the time I can get over there I'll have a walking stick and he'll be a grandfather. ROFL

(Sep 7th, 2021, 04:00 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Eh, it's not a new term that some corporate wig came up with. That's the term we use for any store that sells only produce and I suspect corporate wants to roll with the term because it fits the name of the department and acts as a title for the role of the workers at the same time that sounds more professional than just "produce clerk". Bit like how a meat department would try and use the term butcher instead because it's an actual established profession over "meat cutter".

My last few days were rather eh. Trauma therapy has been messing with my head and I'm trying to determine if I've picked up some degree of sleep walking because I'll wake in the morning noticing I've done something that would require me to be awake and yet have no recollection of ever doing it. Yesterday I thought my alarm broke and didn't go off, turns out I had turned it off myself in the night at some point, so I ended up being an hour late to work. Slept like ass last night paranoid I'd screw with my alarms again. Work wasn't great because of being late and tired so I wasn't as productive as I could've been. Did go to see a movie today and eat at a British pub I'd never been to which was nice, and also bought some candles from Bath & Bodyworks. ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Eh, I still think it's a silly name. Produce clerk honestly sounds more professional to me than it.

Today was great! Love discovering new and fun locations is always exciting and enjoyable for me. Not enjoying this feeling I'm having now, though, where my one cheat meal in over two months is once again not digesting properly. I can't win when it comes to that. Almost feels not worth it Sad
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Eh, I still think it's a silly name. Produce clerk honestly sounds more professional to me than it.

Today was great! Love discovering new and fun locations is always exciting and enjoyable for me. Not enjoying this feeling I'm having now, though, where my one cheat meal in over two months is once again not digesting properly. I can't win when it comes to that. Almost feels not worth it Sad
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, the colleagues I work with say it's always Produce to us. Although some are excited for the new uniform, I am a bit just to get out of the horrible green shirt (I think we're getting blue now for some reason or at least some blue in it), am skipping on the apron though. Maybe Produce is the same, but Green Grocers sound of you're an expert in the field like knowing what they taste like or how to cook them. I'm just a dude knowing where they are in the store and putting it out for you to buy it, I don't know what a Cassava is! It looks like it'll be fun to smack over something with though. Or giving alternate or wrong names for things, dang it! XD

@Moonface Ah shit what, possibly sleepwalking now? Hope not, hope you merely completely forgot to set it properly. I did that once this year as I have to press the same button some more after setting the alarm on the digital clock, and if I don't the alarm won't go off. I was lucky it was approaching Summer so there was light before 7AM so I knew I messed up, if it were Winter I might've stayed asleep. Although perhaps you used you phone for that and it's more simple to set an alarm. Really hope sleepwalking isn't the case for you.  D=
Are the candles for having less light on in the evenings? To set a more calming mood before bed, or of course roman-*shot*.

@ShiraNoMai: Does sound like the cheat meal isn't worth it. This might not be the same, but when my sister started eating meat again after eating vegetarian or fish meals as she didn't cut out seafood for a good part of 10 years (I don't know the exact number), she had some problems but after a while it was fine. I know you don't want to do cheat meals regularly but just sounds like the body's not ready after two months. A lighter/less version perhaps or sadly no more until you think you can? Agh what am I doing, I'm no diet expert. XD 

Yesterday was OK apart from the night colleague that's been moved over as our other one stepped up to night Section Leader, did a poor job second time in a row. Well he fills stuff obviously but a number of things he does wrong that has bugged me enough to freaking consider going to nights myself just to avoid seeing that shit again. XD Will relay the problems I found then tomorrow.
I did have a bad wake up though so my thoughts were aggravated by that too. I could barely get any sleep, neither did my sister as she started playing some self-help thing, which is all good if it wasn't at 4AM in the next room to mine when I have to get up for work! Any noise to me is disturbing when trying to sleep, I can sleep through most things if it's not constant. I forgive her though of course, had a good night sleep last night too.

Today and next Sunday I agreed to work 4-9 as the Aces as we call them are deep cleaning our department so need some of us in to clear the shopfloor. Yay.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, the colleagues I work with say it's always Produce to us. Although some are excited for the new uniform, I am a bit just to get out of the horrible green shirt (I think we're getting blue now for some reason or at least some blue in it), am skipping on the apron though. Maybe Produce is the same, but Green Grocers sound of you're an expert in the field like knowing what they taste like or how to cook them. I'm just a dude knowing where they are in the store and putting it out for you to buy it, I don't know what a Cassava is! It looks like it'll be fun to smack over something with though. Or giving alternate or wrong names for things, dang it! XD

@Moonface Ah shit what, possibly sleepwalking now? Hope not, hope you merely completely forgot to set it properly. I did that once this year as I have to press the same button some more after setting the alarm on the digital clock, and if I don't the alarm won't go off. I was lucky it was approaching Summer so there was light before 7AM so I knew I messed up, if it were Winter I might've stayed asleep. Although perhaps you used you phone for that and it's more simple to set an alarm. Really hope sleepwalking isn't the case for you.  D=
Are the candles for having less light on in the evenings? To set a more calming mood before bed, or of course roman-*shot*.

@ShiraNoMai: Does sound like the cheat meal isn't worth it. This might not be the same, but when my sister started eating meat again after eating vegetarian or fish meals as she didn't cut out seafood for a good part of 10 years (I don't know the exact number), she had some problems but after a while it was fine. I know you don't want to do cheat meals regularly but just sounds like the body's not ready after two months. A lighter/less version perhaps or sadly no more until you think you can? Agh what am I doing, I'm no diet expert. XD 

Yesterday was OK apart from the night colleague that's been moved over as our other one stepped up to night Section Leader, did a poor job second time in a row. Well he fills stuff obviously but a number of things he does wrong that has bugged me enough to freaking consider going to nights myself just to avoid seeing that shit again. XD Will relay the problems I found then tomorrow.
I did have a bad wake up though so my thoughts were aggravated by that too. I could barely get any sleep, neither did my sister as she started playing some self-help thing, which is all good if it wasn't at 4AM in the next room to mine when I have to get up for work! Any noise to me is disturbing when trying to sleep, I can sleep through most things if it's not constant. I forgive her though of course, had a good night sleep last night too.

Today and next Sunday I agreed to work 4-9 as the Aces as we call them are deep cleaning our department so need some of us in to clear the shopfloor. Yay.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 12th, 2021, 10:28 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

And people will expect you to be an expert because I had customers question my lack of knowledge down the booze aisle and that wasn't even with any special titles or outfits. Rolleyes
While on the subject of your store, I also heard the bakery got closed down and everyone in that department laid off?

I had the alarm set because my phone is set to have an alarm every week for the days I need it without me ever having to touch the settings unless I change days/times, so I didn't forget to do anything with it. My alarm also wasn't disabled so it looks like I turned the alarm off when it went off or just before it would've (it only lets me dismiss an alarm 5 minutes before).

Candles was because the store we went in was doing a Buy 2 Get 2 Free deal, so we figured we'd just grab some for ourselves and Shira's mum. The best thing we got from the place was this though: https://i.imgur.com/ZoJuAkW.png

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 12th, 2021, 10:28 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

And people will expect you to be an expert because I had customers question my lack of knowledge down the booze aisle and that wasn't even with any special titles or outfits. Rolleyes
While on the subject of your store, I also heard the bakery got closed down and everyone in that department laid off?

I had the alarm set because my phone is set to have an alarm every week for the days I need it without me ever having to touch the settings unless I change days/times, so I didn't forget to do anything with it. My alarm also wasn't disabled so it looks like I turned the alarm off when it went off or just before it would've (it only lets me dismiss an alarm 5 minutes before).

Candles was because the store we went in was doing a Buy 2 Get 2 Free deal, so we figured we'd just grab some for ourselves and Shira's mum. The best thing we got from the place was this though: https://i.imgur.com/ZoJuAkW.png
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Long weekend. Started yesterday, when I had to work from home, but not from my house--my mom's. She's gotten a Total Knee Replacement surgery done, and I need to keep an eye/take care of her while she starts her recovery. Started my Friday off with assembling all of the food I'd need (for my dietary needs), my clothing and hygiene needs, and my work needs. I get there before she gets home from the hospital, and learn 1) I do not know her WiFi password and 2) My external hard drive with all my work files is missing its connecting cable because I happened to loan it to a coworker the day before. Mind you, it's Friday, the busiest of all the work days. I'm panicking, but also need to put a brave face on for my mother cuz I'm there for her and not me. I eventually get a hold of the WiFi password, and luckily my brother happens to have an extra external hard drive cable that he drops off at around noon, but good god what a morning. My only thing I was grateful for was I had done 90% of my work the day before, so I didn't have very much to do that day.

Still here, and was able to have a few "free" hours with Moony when he came off shift and came over. My mother's friend came by and watched her while we went out and just doddled around town. I'm tired af from all this and honestly want to take Monday off but I know that won't happen Meh
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Long weekend. Started yesterday, when I had to work from home, but not from my house--my mom's. She's gotten a Total Knee Replacement surgery done, and I need to keep an eye/take care of her while she starts her recovery. Started my Friday off with assembling all of the food I'd need (for my dietary needs), my clothing and hygiene needs, and my work needs. I get there before she gets home from the hospital, and learn 1) I do not know her WiFi password and 2) My external hard drive with all my work files is missing its connecting cable because I happened to loan it to a coworker the day before. Mind you, it's Friday, the busiest of all the work days. I'm panicking, but also need to put a brave face on for my mother cuz I'm there for her and not me. I eventually get a hold of the WiFi password, and luckily my brother happens to have an extra external hard drive cable that he drops off at around noon, but good god what a morning. My only thing I was grateful for was I had done 90% of my work the day before, so I didn't have very much to do that day.

Still here, and was able to have a few "free" hours with Moony when he came off shift and came over. My mother's friend came by and watched her while we went out and just doddled around town. I'm tired af from all this and honestly want to take Monday off but I know that won't happen Meh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Sep 13th, 2021, 06:03 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I had the alarm set...

Yeah that's right. Some are still there as they have some days left I think, I haven't pried into it though so not sure exactly. I know there's no one in late shifts though as they try and get other colleagues to do work for the bakery section that needs filling. They should've at least offered hours on what's going to be left on bakery as of course you need people filling pre-packed bread and such, but nahhh stupid idiots decide to make them redundant instead. Clueless fucks. Did my Your Voice survey yesterday and gave a more negative response this time. LOL 

Oh dang. Hope no more instances of possible sleep walking haven't/won't happen then.  D=

Ah yes Halloween is approaching, candles will be OK for that as well as that witch house.

@ShiraNoMai: Oh no, a knee replacement surgery? Hope your mom's OK now, and pleased your morning got sorted out even with the fiasco that happened. At least the work you had to do for work was finishing up but if only they could let you have another day off. Sad
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Sep 13th, 2021, 06:03 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I had the alarm set...

Yeah that's right. Some are still there as they have some days left I think, I haven't pried into it though so not sure exactly. I know there's no one in late shifts though as they try and get other colleagues to do work for the bakery section that needs filling. They should've at least offered hours on what's going to be left on bakery as of course you need people filling pre-packed bread and such, but nahhh stupid idiots decide to make them redundant instead. Clueless fucks. Did my Your Voice survey yesterday and gave a more negative response this time. LOL 

Oh dang. Hope no more instances of possible sleep walking haven't/won't happen then.  D=

Ah yes Halloween is approaching, candles will be OK for that as well as that witch house.

@ShiraNoMai: Oh no, a knee replacement surgery? Hope your mom's OK now, and pleased your morning got sorted out even with the fiasco that happened. At least the work you had to do for work was finishing up but if only they could let you have another day off. Sad
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I kept wanting to talk about my week in here but I've had a hard time remembering things lately, but I can at least recall enough of this past week to share how it was. Tongue

Most of my week has been spent doing medical stuff because I had psychiatric therapy on Tuesday, a blood test on Wednesday, and a follow up appointment with both a neurologist and a gastroenterologist yesterday. Turns out that my MRI for my head and the blood test for my possible stomach infection both came back clear, so on a physical level I am at least completely healthy and just need to determine what is causing my headaches still. They are less at least, but I would prefer none. XD

Other than that, it's been okay. Been feeling rather lonely and that a lot of stuff lies on me alone and that help isn't guaranteed to relieve any of the burdens. Eh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I kept wanting to talk about my week in here but I've had a hard time remembering things lately, but I can at least recall enough of this past week to share how it was. Tongue

Most of my week has been spent doing medical stuff because I had psychiatric therapy on Tuesday, a blood test on Wednesday, and a follow up appointment with both a neurologist and a gastroenterologist yesterday. Turns out that my MRI for my head and the blood test for my possible stomach infection both came back clear, so on a physical level I am at least completely healthy and just need to determine what is causing my headaches still. They are less at least, but I would prefer none. XD

Other than that, it's been okay. Been feeling rather lonely and that a lot of stuff lies on me alone and that help isn't guaranteed to relieve any of the burdens. Eh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, that's very good your tests came back clear. So it was only a temporary thing and not some underlying problem or serious. Now just the headache, as it's still lingering.

My week has been not so great obviously. My aunt did pass way too on Wednesday morning, still went to work as I hadn't heard the news yet but had a feeling I was going to come home to the news anyway, that didn't make me work less efficiently. Seen my dad, will see him again tomorrow, also seen my brother and partner. Haven't seen my step granddad yet, probably will be seeing him at the funeral as he already got it sorted for the 13th. I'm coping OK, went to work as normal yesterday and did the normal covering long shift today too. Just gotta make sure I get a lot of sleep really, my silly self still goes to bed at 11PM for the 6AM start which I should at least make it an hour before. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, that's very good your tests came back clear. So it was only a temporary thing and not some underlying problem or serious. Now just the headache, as it's still lingering.

My week has been not so great obviously. My aunt did pass way too on Wednesday morning, still went to work as I hadn't heard the news yet but had a feeling I was going to come home to the news anyway, that didn't make me work less efficiently. Seen my dad, will see him again tomorrow, also seen my brother and partner. Haven't seen my step granddad yet, probably will be seeing him at the funeral as he already got it sorted for the 13th. I'm coping OK, went to work as normal yesterday and did the normal covering long shift today too. Just gotta make sure I get a lot of sleep really, my silly self still goes to bed at 11PM for the 6AM start which I should at least make it an hour before. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Sorry to hear about the back to back losses, EL. That's super rough, even if you don't have strong feelings for the folk, it can be just mentally taxing to deal with loss period. Make sure to take care of yourself in the following days. Like you said, get lots of good sleep, eat clean, drink water, go out and do your walks. Hoping things start moving in a positive trend for you in the near future, pal Smile

Week ended on a good note: got a whole week off for vacation following my birthday. Couldn't actually get my birthday or wedding anniversaries off because my boss had already made plans for those days to be off and we can't have 2 out of the 3 members of our team be off at once. Disappointing but ya know what, gonna make up for it on the following days. Planning to go up to Orlando, celebrate with a few friends, then come back and relax and take care of some things I've been neglecting around the house and for myself. ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Sorry to hear about the back to back losses, EL. That's super rough, even if you don't have strong feelings for the folk, it can be just mentally taxing to deal with loss period. Make sure to take care of yourself in the following days. Like you said, get lots of good sleep, eat clean, drink water, go out and do your walks. Hoping things start moving in a positive trend for you in the near future, pal Smile

Week ended on a good note: got a whole week off for vacation following my birthday. Couldn't actually get my birthday or wedding anniversaries off because my boss had already made plans for those days to be off and we can't have 2 out of the 3 members of our team be off at once. Disappointing but ya know what, gonna make up for it on the following days. Planning to go up to Orlando, celebrate with a few friends, then come back and relax and take care of some things I've been neglecting around the house and for myself. ^_^
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks, Shira. Will do. Spending a bit more time with my family too recently. It's not like I wasn't upset at the news, but them both being already in a bad situation it wasn't as shocking. I'd hate to be in my dad's place when he was at his sister's side. He already lost another sister long ago too. Plus I've always admired the relationship between my nan and step grandad, I can't imagine the pain he's going through and that definitely makes me feel emotional, kinda dreading the moment I see him without her. Sad

Darn, does suck you couldn't get the 14th and 15th off, but awesome you got a week off anyway and sounds like you have good plans for that. Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks, Shira. Will do. Spending a bit more time with my family too recently. It's not like I wasn't upset at the news, but them both being already in a bad situation it wasn't as shocking. I'd hate to be in my dad's place when he was at his sister's side. He already lost another sister long ago too. Plus I've always admired the relationship between my nan and step grandad, I can't imagine the pain he's going through and that definitely makes me feel emotional, kinda dreading the moment I see him without her. Sad

Darn, does suck you couldn't get the 14th and 15th off, but awesome you got a week off anyway and sounds like you have good plans for that. Grin
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Better than last week.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Better than last week.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 2nd, 2021, 05:29 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Yeah, although so far my headaches haven't been happening since I last posted in here although I would like to know if that's just a fluke or if I'm doing something that's alleviating them. Tongue

At least you presumably get to have a normal funeral. I don't know if any restrictions were ever put on those there but I know here a lot of funerals at one point had to be entirely virtual. I don't think that's still the case currently though.

(Oct 6th, 2021, 04:25 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Better than last week.
Well that's good to hear. I hope things continue to go well for you. ^_^

My week so far has been pretty nice. Bought some new lights for the front yard because the ones that were there when we moved in don't work, and on Monday I cleaned the house for a few hours and decorated for Halloween. Not finished with all the decorating for that yet but I'll share some pictures when it's all done. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 2nd, 2021, 05:29 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Yeah, although so far my headaches haven't been happening since I last posted in here although I would like to know if that's just a fluke or if I'm doing something that's alleviating them. Tongue

At least you presumably get to have a normal funeral. I don't know if any restrictions were ever put on those there but I know here a lot of funerals at one point had to be entirely virtual. I don't think that's still the case currently though.

(Oct 6th, 2021, 04:25 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Better than last week.
Well that's good to hear. I hope things continue to go well for you. ^_^

My week so far has been pretty nice. Bought some new lights for the front yard because the ones that were there when we moved in don't work, and on Monday I cleaned the house for a few hours and decorated for Halloween. Not finished with all the decorating for that yet but I'll share some pictures when it's all done. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 3,059 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Ideal Work Week Schedule? Moonface 9 5,345 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  D-Day - 75 years later Maniakkid25 2 3,342 Jun 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 6,033 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface