I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 

I just saw on twitter that this game was announced and I think its a cool concept, but of course it is a Nick game so I'm not really expecting much, but I am rather liking the character choices.

Helga & Nigel Thornberry in my super smash brothers melee?! D:

I'm also hoping Jimmy's dad will also make an appearance.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 

I just saw on twitter that this game was announced and I think its a cool concept, but of course it is a Nick game so I'm not really expecting much, but I am rather liking the character choices.

Helga & Nigel Thornberry in my super smash brothers melee?! D:

I'm also hoping Jimmy's dad will also make an appearance.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I wasn't expecting much until I heard the developer of this game also worked on by the developers of Slap City, which is apparently a very good game.

Surprised at the amount of older Nickelodeon shows being represented here. I was wishing Rugrats had a way to be represented, but figured it wouldn't happen because they're all babies, and then Reptar showed up! Wow
Not shown in the trailer but confirmed via the box art silhouettes are Cat Dog, Korra, and Aang. I tried seeing if I could spot anything from Jimmy Neutron in there but no luck.

The developer has also confirmed via their Discord that there will be rollback netcode and wavedashing. The fact they're including the former when most fighting games don't bother to tells me they actually give a shit about what they're making and not just looking for easy cash from the IP alone.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I wasn't expecting much until I heard the developer of this game also worked on by the developers of Slap City, which is apparently a very good game.

Surprised at the amount of older Nickelodeon shows being represented here. I was wishing Rugrats had a way to be represented, but figured it wouldn't happen because they're all babies, and then Reptar showed up! Wow
Not shown in the trailer but confirmed via the box art silhouettes are Cat Dog, Korra, and Aang. I tried seeing if I could spot anything from Jimmy Neutron in there but no luck.

The developer has also confirmed via their Discord that there will be rollback netcode and wavedashing. The fact they're including the former when most fighting games don't bother to tells me they actually give a shit about what they're making and not just looking for easy cash from the IP alone.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah it's insane how all the stars aligned for this game to possibly be one of the better platform fighters out there is astonishing.

I'm pretty excited to see how it plays between others and might cop it myself. After reviewing the trailer again (and paying attention to each character's playstyles), if Reptar isn't too heavy-weight, I can see me picking him up. Either him or the free-form movement of Donatello. Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah it's insane how all the stars aligned for this game to possibly be one of the better platform fighters out there is astonishing.

I'm pretty excited to see how it plays between others and might cop it myself. After reviewing the trailer again (and paying attention to each character's playstyles), if Reptar isn't too heavy-weight, I can see me picking him up. Either him or the free-form movement of Donatello. Hmm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm personally excited to finally see Crash get into a Smash game:

One thing I did read about that does concern me for this game is that Nickelodeon haven't done voice acting or music for their games for years, and it makes them really lifeless and feel like the game is just wearing a Nickelodeon skin because of it. I'm really hoping this game doesn't follow that trend, and it sucks because I remember when the old Rugrats games were a thing and they all had music and voice acting from the show.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm personally excited to finally see Crash get into a Smash game:

One thing I did read about that does concern me for this game is that Nickelodeon haven't done voice acting or music for their games for years, and it makes them really lifeless and feel like the game is just wearing a Nickelodeon skin because of it. I'm really hoping this game doesn't follow that trend, and it sucks because I remember when the old Rugrats games were a thing and they all had music and voice acting from the show.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Something to finally dethrone Super Smash Bros? I'll probably stick to SSB anyway but will be curious where the game will go. The fact it has rollback netcode and wavedash looks like it could be the new Melee scene and expect to see most of the players trying it out.

Anyway a good selection of characters that have been announced and more to come. @ShiraNoMai : Did you mean Mikey or Leo since Donny hasn't been revealed yet? I'm expecting him and Raph to get in eventually, can't have just half of the TMNT in, or maybe that's too many reps for them. Hope not, but that does mean Shredder and Splinter out and four characters looking alike.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Something to finally dethrone Super Smash Bros? I'll probably stick to SSB anyway but will be curious where the game will go. The fact it has rollback netcode and wavedash looks like it could be the new Melee scene and expect to see most of the players trying it out.

Anyway a good selection of characters that have been announced and more to come. @ShiraNoMai : Did you mean Mikey or Leo since Donny hasn't been revealed yet? I'm expecting him and Raph to get in eventually, can't have just half of the TMNT in, or maybe that's too many reps for them. Hope not, but that does mean Shredder and Splinter out and four characters looking alike.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forget where I read it but it was basically confirmed that all four turtles are in. Might have been from the official TMNT account.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forget where I read it but it was basically confirmed that all four turtles are in. Might have been from the official TMNT account.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
CatDog and April O'Neil Joins The Brawl: Now on Steam!

Everyone's favorite duo-mammal, and the female counterpart to the Ninja Turtle squad, have joined the roster! Plus, the game has also been confirmed to be coming to Steam, and you can add it to your wishlist now.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
CatDog and April O'Neil Joins The Brawl: Now on Steam!

Everyone's favorite duo-mammal, and the female counterpart to the Ninja Turtle squad, have joined the roster! Plus, the game has also been confirmed to be coming to Steam, and you can add it to your wishlist now.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not sure how I feel about O'Neil being added. I don't have a problem with her as a character, but that if the other two ninja turtles are going to be definitely in, then this game has five TMNT characters, which feels like too many for how small the roster looks to be on launch. I would rather have the starting roster be filled out with a diverse range of Nickelodeon shows.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not sure how I feel about O'Neil being added. I don't have a problem with her as a character, but that if the other two ninja turtles are going to be definitely in, then this game has five TMNT characters, which feels like too many for how small the roster looks to be on launch. I would rather have the starting roster be filled out with a diverse range of Nickelodeon shows.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
OK, this makes me stupidly happy.

Just seeing the developers acknowledge ancient franchises like Ren and Stimpy and Real Monsters tells me that real love and passion went into making this game and that it will be worth getting just based on that alone.

I really hope they go NUTS and add characters from every franchise - I mean, what's to stop them? Certainly not right or licensing issues and this could turn into the best homage ever.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
OK, this makes me stupidly happy.

Just seeing the developers acknowledge ancient franchises like Ren and Stimpy and Real Monsters tells me that real love and passion went into making this game and that it will be worth getting just based on that alone.

I really hope they go NUTS and add characters from every franchise - I mean, what's to stop them? Certainly not right or licensing issues and this could turn into the best homage ever.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Nightingale: The developers are incredibly passionate about this game, so I doubt anything won't get in unless Nickelodeon forbids it for some reason.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Nightingale: The developers are incredibly passionate about this game, so I doubt anything won't get in unless Nickelodeon forbids it for some reason.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Aug 28th, 2021, 07:56 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I'm SHOCKED they remembered Zim, Ren & Stimpy and Danny Phantom were a thing, considering the way their creators left the company.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Aug 28th, 2021, 07:56 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I'm SHOCKED they remembered Zim, Ren & Stimpy and Danny Phantom were a thing, considering the way their creators left the company.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I guess that comes down to the developer not being related to Nickelodeon. They're not going to have any ill feelings towards anyone based on how they left that company unless it was something really bad, like leaving because they were sexually assaulting people or something scummy

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I guess that comes down to the developer not being related to Nickelodeon. They're not going to have any ill feelings towards anyone based on how they left that company unless it was something really bad, like leaving because they were sexually assaulting people or something scummy
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well, it's that, and Nick aren't stupid: they know their old IPs make bank still. It's why they still put merch out for it. For the devs to approach Nick and ask for those specific permissions, I'm sure they were more than happy, possibly even pushed certain characters to get in that fit their nostalgia stockhold on their IPs
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well, it's that, and Nick aren't stupid: they know their old IPs make bank still. It's why they still put merch out for it. For the devs to approach Nick and ask for those specific permissions, I'm sure they were more than happy, possibly even pushed certain characters to get in that fit their nostalgia stockhold on their IPs
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lack of voice acting also makes it easy to add anything in. There's no royalties to pay out to anyone when you're just using the characters but none of the talents attached to them. Lack of any sounds from the characters is the one negative I have about this game though because it takes a lot of the life out of it.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lack of voice acting also makes it easy to add anything in. There's no royalties to pay out to anyone when you're just using the characters but none of the talents attached to them. Lack of any sounds from the characters is the one negative I have about this game though because it takes a lot of the life out of it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't think it's outright confirmed yet, but it seems they might add it in because of the unexpected popularity this game has garnered. Their social posts lately have been showing off movesets for the characters, which IMO is a very Smash-like thing to reveal, meaning they're aware of their audiences' preferences, and tangentially could push them to include voice lines if they didn't already have them planned.

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't think it's outright confirmed yet, but it seems they might add it in because of the unexpected popularity this game has garnered. Their social posts lately have been showing off movesets for the characters, which IMO is a very Smash-like thing to reveal, meaning they're aware of their audiences' preferences, and tangentially could push them to include voice lines if they didn't already have them planned.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 114 11,924 46 minutes ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,978 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,270 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,843 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface