Features You Would Add To Games?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,637
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Right now I'm playing the Death Wish DLC for A Hat in Time, and the basic premise of it is that you play the existing levels in the game, but with changes or challenges added. For example, one of the levels gets changed to feature an entirely new part that's more difficult, with bonus tasks of beating a time limit and killing all the enemies. Another level adds the challenge of completing it in a limited number of jumps, which drastically changes how you approach the level because you have to find new strategies to get airborne.

Playing it made me think about the N.Verted levels in Crash 4, and how they really dropped the ball on making those decent remixes of existing levels, instead opting to just present the exact same level but with a visual filter applied. They don't even move the boxes or anything, so you basically get to play the entire games content twice. The AHiT DLC made me wish that Crash 4 took a similar approach and maybe added tasks like don't kill enemies, or don't break boxes, or every box turns into a TNT crate and you have to judge where to land to have enough time to get away from any other crates before they all blow.

Another game that had a feature I'd love to have seen put into another was the artifact descriptions in Tomb Raider 2013 being implemented into Uncharted. All the treasures in Uncharted don't add anything to the game and are basically just collectibles, and don't get me wrong, so are Tomb Raider's artifacts, but they had a place in the world and Lara would comment on them, fleshing out the world and its locations. Uncharted has journal entries and such which gives something for Drake to comment on his surroundings, but it would've been nice if the treasures had more to them other than just grabbing them and never caring to look at them.

What features have you seen in a game you wish was added into another, or perhaps there's a feature you have in mind to add but didn't get the idea from another game?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,637 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Right now I'm playing the Death Wish DLC for A Hat in Time, and the basic premise of it is that you play the existing levels in the game, but with changes or challenges added. For example, one of the levels gets changed to feature an entirely new part that's more difficult, with bonus tasks of beating a time limit and killing all the enemies. Another level adds the challenge of completing it in a limited number of jumps, which drastically changes how you approach the level because you have to find new strategies to get airborne.

Playing it made me think about the N.Verted levels in Crash 4, and how they really dropped the ball on making those decent remixes of existing levels, instead opting to just present the exact same level but with a visual filter applied. They don't even move the boxes or anything, so you basically get to play the entire games content twice. The AHiT DLC made me wish that Crash 4 took a similar approach and maybe added tasks like don't kill enemies, or don't break boxes, or every box turns into a TNT crate and you have to judge where to land to have enough time to get away from any other crates before they all blow.

Another game that had a feature I'd love to have seen put into another was the artifact descriptions in Tomb Raider 2013 being implemented into Uncharted. All the treasures in Uncharted don't add anything to the game and are basically just collectibles, and don't get me wrong, so are Tomb Raider's artifacts, but they had a place in the world and Lara would comment on them, fleshing out the world and its locations. Uncharted has journal entries and such which gives something for Drake to comment on his surroundings, but it would've been nice if the treasures had more to them other than just grabbing them and never caring to look at them.

What features have you seen in a game you wish was added into another, or perhaps there's a feature you have in mind to add but didn't get the idea from another game?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly I'd love it if much like in XIV you could experience the world changing and evolving like you did in that game in other MMO especially WOW that game has a lot of rich and deep history and dungeons. Once an expansion pack is over that content is forever love.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly I'd love it if much like in XIV you could experience the world changing and evolving like you did in that game in other MMO especially WOW that game has a lot of rich and deep history and dungeons. Once an expansion pack is over that content is forever love.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Pokemon difficulty modes. They attempted this exactly one time and it was post game completion. Why not have multiple options at the start? Competitive mode, nuzlocke style mode, stat-less mode: so many options!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Pokemon difficulty modes. They attempted this exactly one time and it was post game completion. Why not have multiple options at the start? Competitive mode, nuzlocke style mode, stat-less mode: so many options!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: Which game was that?

A feature I would love to see in a lot of collectathon style games would be one from Ape Escape 3, where you can replay the level either with all of the progress present (for that game it's monkeys caught, so only monkeys not caught will spawn in) or you can play the level with everything untouched by the player. Besides the obvious of putting it into the earlier Ape Escape games, I'd also like it in things like Spyro so that all the gems respawn so you can play a level in it's original state without having to replay the entire game to reach that point.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

A feature I would love to see in a lot of collectathon style games would be one from Ape Escape 3, where you can replay the level either with all of the progress present (for that game it's monkeys caught, so only monkeys not caught will spawn in) or you can play the level with everything untouched by the player. Besides the obvious of putting it into the earlier Ape Escape games, I'd also like it in things like Spyro so that all the gems respawn so you can play a level in it's original state without having to replay the entire game to reach that point.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Dec 9th, 2021, 02:44 AM)Moonface Wrote:
That would be Black 2 or White 2 Versions of the games. They introduced an Easy Mode and a Challenge Mode.

Bulbapedia Wrote:
Easy Mode decreases the opponents' artificial intelligence and the level of their Pokémon. As such, battles become easier. The player will be rewarded with the Easy Key after defeating the Champion in Pokémon White 2.

Challenge Mode increases some opponents' artificial intelligence and the level of their Pokémon, starting from 1 level and reaching 5 levels by the end of the game. Gym Leaders and Elite Four members will also have an extra Pokémon on their team, as well as different movesets and held items. Their IVs are also increased to 30. The player will be rewarded with the Challenge Key after defeating the Champion in Pokémon Black 2.

I also agree with your collectathon take. If you are going to permanently remove the collectibles in a level after they've already been collected, at least make the area different when plot stuff happens.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Dec 9th, 2021, 02:44 AM)Moonface Wrote:
That would be Black 2 or White 2 Versions of the games. They introduced an Easy Mode and a Challenge Mode.

Bulbapedia Wrote:
Easy Mode decreases the opponents' artificial intelligence and the level of their Pokémon. As such, battles become easier. The player will be rewarded with the Easy Key after defeating the Champion in Pokémon White 2.

Challenge Mode increases some opponents' artificial intelligence and the level of their Pokémon, starting from 1 level and reaching 5 levels by the end of the game. Gym Leaders and Elite Four members will also have an extra Pokémon on their team, as well as different movesets and held items. Their IVs are also increased to 30. The player will be rewarded with the Challenge Key after defeating the Champion in Pokémon Black 2.

I also agree with your collectathon take. If you are going to permanently remove the collectibles in a level after they've already been collected, at least make the area different when plot stuff happens.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 27th, 2021, 08:58 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Bulbapedia Wrote:
I'm sorry, what? What the heck is the point of unlocking an easy mode after beating the game?! Blink Confused

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 27th, 2021, 08:58 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Bulbapedia Wrote:
I'm sorry, what? What the heck is the point of unlocking an easy mode after beating the game?! Blink Confused
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'd only try the Easy mode out of curiosity to how much easier you can even make a Pokemon game LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'd only try the Easy mode out of curiosity to how much easier you can even make a Pokemon game LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 1st, 2022, 01:28 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Looks like it's just lowering a few things:
Serebii Wrote:
Easy Mode is essentially the "Easy" setting of the game. Within the Easy Mode, the levels of Trainer's Pokémon will be lower. In addition to that, the AI of the opponents will be lower. This is perfect for younger players of the game and gives them the ability to go through without being overly challenged.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 1st, 2022, 01:28 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Looks like it's just lowering a few things:
Serebii Wrote:
Easy Mode is essentially the "Easy" setting of the game. Within the Easy Mode, the levels of Trainer's Pokémon will be lower. In addition to that, the AI of the opponents will be lower. This is perfect for younger players of the game and gives them the ability to go through without being overly challenged.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mistakes You've Made in Games? Moonface 12 1,938 Yesterday, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Games Done Quick Moonface 35 3,158 Yesterday, 05:13 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  "Gamers Need To Get Comfortable Not Owning Their Games" - Ubisoft Moonface 11 461 Apr 11th, 2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  27 Years, 27 Games Maniakkid25 28 8,479 Apr 3rd, 2024, 02:44 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Unnecessary Online Features Moonface 3 140 Mar 24th, 2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25