Dragon Quest (Series) | DQ I&II HD-2D Remakes Announced
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Dead Space (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,326
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
[Image: uYxMEiA.png]
SERIES DISCUSSION THREAD

Today is Dragon Quest Day, so what better time than to make a thread for talking about the entirety of this series and the news (albeit small) that has been announced to mark the occasion? ^_^

Dragon Quest III HD-2D | Platforms Announced
Originally announced back in May 2021 but with radio silence since then, the series official Twitter account revealed that Dragon Quest III HD-2D will be coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, Steam and Microsoft Windows.

Dragon Quest Day 2024 Wallpapers
Although you won't know what they're like prior to downloading them due to being a .zip download, you can grab the official pack of Dragon Quest Day 2024 wallpapers via this link:  http://sqex.link/1wp7

Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Hate | Status Update
Series creator Yuji Horii has shared a short update on the status of Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Hate via social media:

Yuji Horii Wrote:
Thank you so much to everyone for the many [Dragon Quest Day] congratulations! There has been some worry about Dragon Quest XII, but I was actually in a meeting [about it] until just a bit ago. While I can’t share any details yet, I want it to be something worthy of the posthumous work of the two [Akira Toriyama and Koichi Sugiyama] who passed away. I’ll do my best!
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,326 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
[Image: uYxMEiA.png]
SERIES DISCUSSION THREAD

Today is Dragon Quest Day, so what better time than to make a thread for talking about the entirety of this series and the news (albeit small) that has been announced to mark the occasion? ^_^

Dragon Quest III HD-2D | Platforms Announced
Originally announced back in May 2021 but with radio silence since then, the series official Twitter account revealed that Dragon Quest III HD-2D will be coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, Steam and Microsoft Windows.

Dragon Quest Day 2024 Wallpapers
Although you won't know what they're like prior to downloading them due to being a .zip download, you can grab the official pack of Dragon Quest Day 2024 wallpapers via this link:  http://sqex.link/1wp7

Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Hate | Status Update
Series creator Yuji Horii has shared a short update on the status of Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Hate via social media:

Yuji Horii Wrote:
Thank you so much to everyone for the many [Dragon Quest Day] congratulations! There has been some worry about Dragon Quest XII, but I was actually in a meeting [about it] until just a bit ago. While I can’t share any details yet, I want it to be something worthy of the posthumous work of the two [Akira Toriyama and Koichi Sugiyama] who passed away. I’ll do my best!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake | Release Date
A new trailer during today's Nintendo Direct revealed that Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake will be released on November 14, 2024.

Dragon Quest I & II HD-2D Remake | Announced
Additionally, the end of the above trailer announced that Dragon Quest I & II will be getting a HD-2D remake, releasing in 2025!

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake | Release Date
A new trailer during today's Nintendo Direct revealed that Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake will be released on November 14, 2024.

Dragon Quest I & II HD-2D Remake | Announced
Additionally, the end of the above trailer announced that Dragon Quest I & II will be getting a HD-2D remake, releasing in 2025!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,970
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
A release date for Dragon Quest III 2D-HD Remake...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Seriously though, super hyped! Especially since it falls a day after my birthday, which means it'll be right in time for my yearly 2-3 week birthday vacation!
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,970 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
A release date for Dragon Quest III 2D-HD Remake...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Seriously though, super hyped! Especially since it falls a day after my birthday, which means it'll be right in time for my yearly 2-3 week birthday vacation!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not sure if it was known beforehand or not, but either way pre-orders are live for the Collector's Edition of Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake: 

Only downside is it seems to be exclusive to the Square Enix store, which I feel like has been mentioned on this forum before as being a little hit or miss at times if I'm not mistaking that for a different storefront.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not sure if it was known beforehand or not, but either way pre-orders are live for the Collector's Edition of Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake: 

Only downside is it seems to be exclusive to the Square Enix store, which I feel like has been mentioned on this forum before as being a little hit or miss at times if I'm not mistaking that for a different storefront.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,970
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Sadly, that Collector's Edition is an absolute rip-off. They want $200 for what is mostly digital items. No art book, no OST CD. That should be $100 at most.

Compare that to the Visions of Mana CE which is also $200 but comes with a plushie, an art book and a 5 CD Soundtrack collection. It's still a tad overpriced at $200, but at least it comes with physical goods that makes it an easier pill to swallow.

I'm really disappointed in this CE and will sadly be skipping it. I was really excited for it too, thinking they'd actually make it super nice.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,970 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Sadly, that Collector's Edition is an absolute rip-off. They want $200 for what is mostly digital items. No art book, no OST CD. That should be $100 at most.

Compare that to the Visions of Mana CE which is also $200 but comes with a plushie, an art book and a 5 CD Soundtrack collection. It's still a tad overpriced at $200, but at least it comes with physical goods that makes it an easier pill to swallow.

I'm really disappointed in this CE and will sadly be skipping it. I was really excited for it too, thinking they'd actually make it super nice.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hadn't looked at the contents of the CE when I posted it, but going by what's in it I guess a good chunk of the price is for the 23 acrylic figures? Not that I think it makes the package worth $200 mind you.

There's also weirdly going to be a Performance Mode for DQIII HD-2D on PS5, yet I don't think this game should be something pushing that console hard enough to need such a mode if you want better frame rates. Errm
Three difficulty modes are being included too, making the game easier or harder than the base game was.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hadn't looked at the contents of the CE when I posted it, but going by what's in it I guess a good chunk of the price is for the 23 acrylic figures? Not that I think it makes the package worth $200 mind you.

There's also weirdly going to be a Performance Mode for DQIII HD-2D on PS5, yet I don't think this game should be something pushing that console hard enough to need such a mode if you want better frame rates. Errm
Three difficulty modes are being included too, making the game easier or harder than the base game was.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astro Bot | Special Editions Announced Moonface 12 191 Jun 19th, 2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Legend of Zelda (Series) | Echoes of Wisdom Announced Moonface 67 30,560 Jun 19th, 2024, 02:59 PM
  Mario & Luigi (Series) | Brothership Announced Moonface 0 14 Jun 18th, 2024, 04:09 PM
  Doom (Series) | Doom: The Dark Ages Announced Moonface 28 26,020 Jun 9th, 2024, 07:25 PM
  Fallout (Series) Amalthea 16 8,449 May 30th, 2024, 02:28 PM