Mario & Luigi (Series) | Brothership Announced
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,839
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
[Image: 35vu8gO.png]
SERIES DISCUSSION THREAD

With today's announcement of a new Mario & Luigi game, show your hype and love for this series with this new series thread! ^_^

Mario & Luigi: Brothership | Announced
A new entry in the Mario & Luigi series was announced during today's Nintendo Direct! Mario & Luigi: Brothership will launch on Nintendo Switch on November 7, 2024.

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,839 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
[Image: 35vu8gO.png]
SERIES DISCUSSION THREAD

With today's announcement of a new Mario & Luigi game, show your hype and love for this series with this new series thread! ^_^

Mario & Luigi: Brothership | Announced
A new entry in the Mario & Luigi series was announced during today's Nintendo Direct! Mario & Luigi: Brothership will launch on Nintendo Switch on November 7, 2024.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,858
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Still looking forward to this new game of Mario & Luigi coming out, though not got a pre-order in just yet. Hope if there's a general Direct between now and release with show a little bit more but should already be enough for me to get it.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Bowser's Inside Story and the 3DS Superstar Saga were the only ones from the series I played. Partners In Time didn't really interest me at the time and never bothered with it, Dream Team came out when I wasn't playing my 3DS as much or at least not on Mario games. Paper Jam I had a little more interest than those two but ultimately I never got it.

The 3DS version of Bowser's Inside Story, though I enjoyed the first version a lot, I just didn't really desire it. The only reason 3DS Superstar Saga grabbed me was because I considered SS among the top games I've played, very close to PM:TTYD in fact. That being said though I didn't get far in the remake despite loving the new songs, then just stopped playing 3DS for a while, which must've been in 2019 sometime as a post in Last Game Played I had noted. What?! That was so long ago man, I need to play it again! Huh, likewise with Switch PM:TTYD I also haven't played for a while either. Geez, I'm bad at this. XD

Just wanna show my SS love though, that game had me hooked for a good while, loved everything about it. Cackletta was a great villain along with Fawful and remember the Cackletta Spirit final battle took me ages to beat in my first playthrough. The music in that fight really set the mood and hyped me up. I've not heard the 3DS version yet and I'll look forward to it when I actually play the game again and get there.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,858 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Still looking forward to this new game of Mario & Luigi coming out, though not got a pre-order in just yet. Hope if there's a general Direct between now and release with show a little bit more but should already be enough for me to get it.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Bowser's Inside Story and the 3DS Superstar Saga were the only ones from the series I played. Partners In Time didn't really interest me at the time and never bothered with it, Dream Team came out when I wasn't playing my 3DS as much or at least not on Mario games. Paper Jam I had a little more interest than those two but ultimately I never got it.

The 3DS version of Bowser's Inside Story, though I enjoyed the first version a lot, I just didn't really desire it. The only reason 3DS Superstar Saga grabbed me was because I considered SS among the top games I've played, very close to PM:TTYD in fact. That being said though I didn't get far in the remake despite loving the new songs, then just stopped playing 3DS for a while, which must've been in 2019 sometime as a post in Last Game Played I had noted. What?! That was so long ago man, I need to play it again! Huh, likewise with Switch PM:TTYD I also haven't played for a while either. Geez, I'm bad at this. XD

Just wanna show my SS love though, that game had me hooked for a good while, loved everything about it. Cackletta was a great villain along with Fawful and remember the Cackletta Spirit final battle took me ages to beat in my first playthrough. The music in that fight really set the mood and hyped me up. I've not heard the 3DS version yet and I'll look forward to it when I actually play the game again and get there.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't really know anything about the series nor seen any gameplay of the existing games, but recently a streamer I follow was playing through Superstar Saga and what I saw of it makes me really want to play it. I know it's on NSO+EX but I don't know if I wanna pay for that upgrade just for one game so I might just look into emulating it. Whistle

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't really know anything about the series nor seen any gameplay of the existing games, but recently a streamer I follow was playing through Superstar Saga and what I saw of it makes me really want to play it. I know it's on NSO+EX but I don't know if I wanna pay for that upgrade just for one game so I might just look into emulating it. Whistle
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,202
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
What I played of the Mari and Luigi rpgs, this game looks super stylized. I sort of wonder who the studio is now doing the Mario/Luigi games now. Honestly, I like the Paper Mario series better and felt like the Mario/Luigi games is what kept the Paper Mario ones from having different special characters.

I don't know how I feel about this series making its return, I was kinda happy to let it die so that the Paper Mario series could grow and thrive. I guess that was kind of a pipe dream in the end though. Eh
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,202 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
What I played of the Mari and Luigi rpgs, this game looks super stylized. I sort of wonder who the studio is now doing the Mario/Luigi games now. Honestly, I like the Paper Mario series better and felt like the Mario/Luigi games is what kept the Paper Mario ones from having different special characters.

I don't know how I feel about this series making its return, I was kinda happy to let it die so that the Paper Mario series could grow and thrive. I guess that was kind of a pipe dream in the end though. Eh
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Nintendo has notably been very hush-hush about who they have developing this game, which is quite odd, but has me thinking they've just got some EAD team putting it together, which can be pretty good. It's possible they've hired on some of the dissolved team at AlphaDream to produce this. It definitely has the charm and the ideology behind a lot of Alpha's designs.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Nintendo has notably been very hush-hush about who they have developing this game, which is quite odd, but has me thinking they've just got some EAD team putting it together, which can be pretty good. It's possible they've hired on some of the dissolved team at AlphaDream to produce this. It definitely has the charm and the ideology behind a lot of Alpha's designs.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,202
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I have just recently seen some twitter videos showing what the new game is like, so I thought I'd share.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,202 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I have just recently seen some twitter videos showing what the new game is like, so I thought I'd share.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Nice little look at the islands, almost feels like it's a kind of holiday the bro's are on. XD

As there was no battle gameplay in there I rewatched the Direct video and noticed the second bar represented with a shell. I guess it's just the Bro Attack bar or whatever it was called before, as they use a shell in the featured Bro attack in there. At first I was wondering if there was going to be a Defense bar that protects them for a bit making them take less damage, but makes more sense being the Bro Attack points.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Nice little look at the islands, almost feels like it's a kind of holiday the bro's are on. XD

As there was no battle gameplay in there I rewatched the Direct video and noticed the second bar represented with a shell. I guess it's just the Bro Attack bar or whatever it was called before, as they use a shell in the featured Bro attack in there. At first I was wondering if there was going to be a Defense bar that protects them for a bit making them take less damage, but makes more sense being the Bro Attack points.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Another trailer from a few days ago that focuses on the battle mechanics. Nothing new it seems, but I guess these smaller videos are just trying to keep the game in peoples minds while new details will probably be saved for closer to release when marketing will really ramp up.

@queenzelda: I get the feeling Nintendo is looking to bring both this and Paper Mario back, and the only thing that would be guaranteed to hinder future efforts on either front would be if sales are bad.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Another trailer from a few days ago that focuses on the battle mechanics. Nothing new it seems, but I guess these smaller videos are just trying to keep the game in peoples minds while new details will probably be saved for closer to release when marketing will really ramp up.

@queenzelda: I get the feeling Nintendo is looking to bring both this and Paper Mario back, and the only thing that would be guaranteed to hinder future efforts on either front would be if sales are bad.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah wasn't a lot there, some more of the Bro Attacks, and seems you can still mess them up obviously like in the other games when you fail the inputs, haha. Liking the reactions from Mario and Luigi there. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah wasn't a lot there, some more of the Bro Attacks, and seems you can still mess them up obviously like in the other games when you fail the inputs, haha. Liking the reactions from Mario and Luigi there. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon Quest (Series) | DQ3 HD-2D - TGS '24 Trailer Moonface 8 514 Sep 26th, 2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Suikoden (Series) | HD Remasters - TGS '24 Trailer Moonface 10 2,298 Sep 26th, 2024, 01:25 PM
  Pokémon (Series) | Poké Transporter GB Moonface 94 33,453 Aug 27th, 2024, 02:19 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Mario Kart (Series) | Question Mr EliteL 83 23,823 Aug 23rd, 2024, 05:25 PM
  Doom (Series) | Doom: The Dark Ages Announced Moonface 29 27,600 Aug 10th, 2024, 06:35 PM