Fallout (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Dead Space (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,413
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 13th, 2024, 05:16 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Let's see, Google Google Google... I found a few solutions that might work.
  1. Install the Unofficial Patch
  2. Turn off mouse acceleration and/or mouse precision on Windows
  3. Edit the ini file to these settings

Hopefully one of those works? Unfortunately, not being there myself means this is all I can do.
I had the Unofficial Patch already, but the third option you listed worked for fixing my mouse speed. Honestly I don't think Steam should be selling this game given it seems to be utterly unplayable without modding it. Errm

(May 13th, 2024, 05:23 AM)Eric Wrote:
You should stream it Moony! I picked up Fallout 4 last week and as soon as I booted it up, I realized how much I didn't want to deal with another Bethesda game after Starfield lmao. I think the idea of Fallout 3 and 4 is great, but all of the inventory management is a bit much for me to handle right now. I wouldn't mind watching someone else play though.
I doubt my laptop could handle running a game and streaming it at the same time, plus I spent over an hour playing today and have yet to do anything but explore the town immediately outside the vault exploring every nook and cranny. ROFL

I gave up using a controller for the game though. It doesn't seem like the PC version is remotely suited to a controller with how often a cursor needs to be used. Plus the gunplay is way better with a mouse anyway.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,413 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 13th, 2024, 05:16 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Let's see, Google Google Google... I found a few solutions that might work.
  1. Install the Unofficial Patch
  2. Turn off mouse acceleration and/or mouse precision on Windows
  3. Edit the ini file to these settings

Hopefully one of those works? Unfortunately, not being there myself means this is all I can do.
I had the Unofficial Patch already, but the third option you listed worked for fixing my mouse speed. Honestly I don't think Steam should be selling this game given it seems to be utterly unplayable without modding it. Errm

(May 13th, 2024, 05:23 AM)Eric Wrote:
You should stream it Moony! I picked up Fallout 4 last week and as soon as I booted it up, I realized how much I didn't want to deal with another Bethesda game after Starfield lmao. I think the idea of Fallout 3 and 4 is great, but all of the inventory management is a bit much for me to handle right now. I wouldn't mind watching someone else play though.
I doubt my laptop could handle running a game and streaming it at the same time, plus I spent over an hour playing today and have yet to do anything but explore the town immediately outside the vault exploring every nook and cranny. ROFL

I gave up using a controller for the game though. It doesn't seem like the PC version is remotely suited to a controller with how often a cursor needs to be used. Plus the gunplay is way better with a mouse anyway.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,413
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Dear lord Fallout 3 might have some of the harshest dialogue options I'll ever see in a game after what character I spoke to while playing yesterday.

If you've played the game and know of the Vault 112 mission, you probably already know where this is going. If not, then part of the mission gives you an option to try and make a child cry, and one of the ways is with this dialogue option:

"Hey, I heard your parents are getting a divorce because of you."

If you think that's bad, you can then follow it up with this:

"They've never loved you. In fact, they both hate you and wish you were dead."

I know this game can give you some harsh dialogue options to use but holy shit this one actually shocked me for how diabolically heartless it is. I feel like if the game could get away with it they'd just have the poor kid kill himself on the spot right in front of you after saying this to them. Yikes
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,413 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Dear lord Fallout 3 might have some of the harshest dialogue options I'll ever see in a game after what character I spoke to while playing yesterday.

If you've played the game and know of the Vault 112 mission, you probably already know where this is going. If not, then part of the mission gives you an option to try and make a child cry, and one of the ways is with this dialogue option:

"Hey, I heard your parents are getting a divorce because of you."

If you think that's bad, you can then follow it up with this:

"They've never loved you. In fact, they both hate you and wish you were dead."

I know this game can give you some harsh dialogue options to use but holy shit this one actually shocked me for how diabolically heartless it is. I feel like if the game could get away with it they'd just have the poor kid kill himself on the spot right in front of you after saying this to them. Yikes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Legend of Zelda (Series) | Echoes of Wisdom Announced Moonface 68 30,723 Yesterday, 02:40 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Tekken (Series) Mr EliteL 52 30,921 Jun 24th, 2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Dragon Quest (Series) | DQ I&II HD-2D Remakes Announced Moonface 5 113 Jun 20th, 2024, 04:46 PM
  Mario & Luigi (Series) | Brothership Announced Moonface 0 31 Jun 18th, 2024, 04:09 PM
  Doom (Series) | Doom: The Dark Ages Announced Moonface 28 26,074 Jun 9th, 2024, 07:25 PM