Tomb Raider (Series) | I-III Remastered Details
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
First off, I just wanted to share this awesome video with all of you:

Some of you might remember this from the old board when it was still an early work in progress, but I just randomly found that they've done a lot more work to this. No clue if they're doing more or not, but just this alone is an impressive feat!

That aside, who else has played any of the Tomb Raider games? What "era" did you think was the best depiction for the character?

I'm torn between the original games and the first reboot the series got with Legend/Anniversary/Underworld. The OG games were great as adventure games, but the level design was sometimes not the greatest and the stories were told terribly. The Anniversary trilogy retained a lot of what was good about the OG games but the story utterly falls apart in Underworld. Then again, I find that to be a trend with Tomb Raider; the first game is a great introduction, the sequel often improves on everything that was great about the first, then the third drops the ball in some way to sour the experience but has one superb moment that really rubs in the disappointment of the rest of it. Shadow of the Tomb Raider for example is not that great overall as a Tomb Raider game, but there's one part that was done very well (conveniently the part of the story that they focused on in the trailers a lot).

Hopefully if they reboot the series yet again they'll go back to what the games were always about, instead of trying to be all about action with little actual exploration.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
First off, I just wanted to share this awesome video with all of you:

Some of you might remember this from the old board when it was still an early work in progress, but I just randomly found that they've done a lot more work to this. No clue if they're doing more or not, but just this alone is an impressive feat!

That aside, who else has played any of the Tomb Raider games? What "era" did you think was the best depiction for the character?

I'm torn between the original games and the first reboot the series got with Legend/Anniversary/Underworld. The OG games were great as adventure games, but the level design was sometimes not the greatest and the stories were told terribly. The Anniversary trilogy retained a lot of what was good about the OG games but the story utterly falls apart in Underworld. Then again, I find that to be a trend with Tomb Raider; the first game is a great introduction, the sequel often improves on everything that was great about the first, then the third drops the ball in some way to sour the experience but has one superb moment that really rubs in the disappointment of the rest of it. Shadow of the Tomb Raider for example is not that great overall as a Tomb Raider game, but there's one part that was done very well (conveniently the part of the story that they focused on in the trailers a lot).

Hopefully if they reboot the series yet again they'll go back to what the games were always about, instead of trying to be all about action with little actual exploration.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I truly believe that without Tomb Raider there simply would not be an Uncharted series.

And all of the four main series Uncharted won my personal game of the year list the year the individual games came out.

Plus the fact that I still remember the weird old butler walking around shaking his china as he would follow you through and around the manor in Tomb Raider II. Great times and great memories.
WR91 Offline
Casual
I truly believe that without Tomb Raider there simply would not be an Uncharted series.

And all of the four main series Uncharted won my personal game of the year list the year the individual games came out.

Plus the fact that I still remember the weird old butler walking around shaking his china as he would follow you through and around the manor in Tomb Raider II. Great times and great memories.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
No one played TR2 properly if they never locked the butler in the freezer. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
No one played TR2 properly if they never locked the butler in the freezer. Tongue
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 28th, 2020, 09:23 PM)Moonface Wrote:
YES!!!!
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 28th, 2020, 09:23 PM)Moonface Wrote:
YES!!!!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Which Tomb Raider games have you played @"WrestleRacer91"? (Same question for anyone else too although it is also in the OP).

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Which Tomb Raider games have you played @"WrestleRacer91"? (Same question for anyone else too although it is also in the OP).
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 30th, 2020, 08:12 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Which Tomb Raider games have you played @"WrestleRacer91"?
I've played Tomb Raider I, II, III, Underworld, the Tomb Raider reboot, Rise of the Tomb Raider and last but not least Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 30th, 2020, 08:12 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Which Tomb Raider games have you played @"WrestleRacer91"?
I've played Tomb Raider I, II, III, Underworld, the Tomb Raider reboot, Rise of the Tomb Raider and last but not least Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Which one was your favourite?
Do you have any favourite levels/moments?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 1st, 2020, 03:28 PM)Moonface Wrote:
My favorite game of the series has to probably be the reboot from 2013 or so.

As for moments, it def. has to be having the old butler follow me and me tormenting him by locking him out of places and even in the freezer before (if I remember correctly).
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 1st, 2020, 03:28 PM)Moonface Wrote:
My favorite game of the series has to probably be the reboot from 2013 or so.

As for moments, it def. has to be having the old butler follow me and me tormenting him by locking him out of places and even in the freezer before (if I remember correctly).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Not sure how I feel about this. If it's similar to Lara Croft Go then this could be a really good game, but the trailer doesn't really indicate how the game will be except for the art style, which isn't bad. Lara having a big head is a little weird but I get that it's to help show expression on a small screen.

Anyone else got thoughts about this?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Not sure how I feel about this. If it's similar to Lara Croft Go then this could be a really good game, but the trailer doesn't really indicate how the game will be except for the art style, which isn't bad. Lara having a big head is a little weird but I get that it's to help show expression on a small screen.

Anyone else got thoughts about this?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
My thought is: it's a mobile game, wtf should I care about it??
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 25th, 2020, 02:33 PM)Christmas Queen Wrote:
Lara Croft Go was a mobile game too and a very well done one at that, so it being a mobile game doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be bad. Although I think this one is F2P which doesn't bode well for it. It could be fine from a game standpoint but just be ruined by time gates and microtransactions.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 25th, 2020, 02:33 PM)Christmas Queen Wrote:
Lara Croft Go was a mobile game too and a very well done one at that, so it being a mobile game doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be bad. Although I think this one is F2P which doesn't bode well for it. It could be fine from a game standpoint but just be ruined by time gates and microtransactions.
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 180
I've played all the Tomb Raider games except the mobile ones. I prefer the old classics 1-5. I didn't really mind AOD as such.

I never liked any of the Crystal Dynamics series of Tomb Raider. Nor liked the fact they took one of her guns off her!

Tomb Raider 2 was my all-time favourite, although it's been many years since I've played the classics. I'm still waiting for Square Enix to answer me whether they will be remastering the old classics for the PS4, probably 5 now if they do it.

WrestleRacer is right. We would never have Uncharted if it wasn't for Tomb Raider.
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
I've played all the Tomb Raider games except the mobile ones. I prefer the old classics 1-5. I didn't really mind AOD as such.

I never liked any of the Crystal Dynamics series of Tomb Raider. Nor liked the fact they took one of her guns off her!

Tomb Raider 2 was my all-time favourite, although it's been many years since I've played the classics. I'm still waiting for Square Enix to answer me whether they will be remastering the old classics for the PS4, probably 5 now if they do it.

WrestleRacer is right. We would never have Uncharted if it wasn't for Tomb Raider.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 15th, 2021, 02:22 PM)Mercury Wrote:
Are you referring to the 2013 reboot series? Because Legend, Anniversary and Underworld all featured Lara's twin pistols and those games were also made by Crystal Dynamics.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Are you referring to the 2013 reboot series? Because Legend, Anniversary and Underworld all featured Lara's twin pistols and those games were also made by Crystal Dynamics.
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
(Jan 18th, 2021, 07:27 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Just goes to show how much I remember about those games. I played them once and that was it. I blame my age, sorry.   LOL
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation

Just goes to show how much I remember about those games. I played them once and that was it. I blame my age, sorry.   LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 21st, 2021, 10:13 AM)Mercury Wrote:

To be fair I barely remember who made the Legend trilogy too. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 21st, 2021, 10:13 AM)Mercury Wrote:

To be fair I barely remember who made the Legend trilogy too. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,898 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,962 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,448 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,266 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,824 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface