LittleBigPlanet (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Who else has been or still is a fan of this series? Smile

I remember not having much interest in it when the first game was released, but gradually got hooked when I picked it up later as I started to find the decent content creators. LBP2 is the series high point followed closely by Vita, and ignoring LBPKarting, LBP3 is the weakest entry. The story mode was lacking and the levels are forgettable. At least it has the community side to keep it up, but I just couldn't connect with LBP3 like I do with LBP2.

I don't think it helped LBP3 when Sony opted to announce it with such little fanfare at E3 and introduced it with people who didn't play the game very well. Compared to LBP2 the reveal for LBP3 was abysmal and so was the marketing for it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Who else has been or still is a fan of this series? Smile

I remember not having much interest in it when the first game was released, but gradually got hooked when I picked it up later as I started to find the decent content creators. LBP2 is the series high point followed closely by Vita, and ignoring LBPKarting, LBP3 is the weakest entry. The story mode was lacking and the levels are forgettable. At least it has the community side to keep it up, but I just couldn't connect with LBP3 like I do with LBP2.

I don't think it helped LBP3 when Sony opted to announce it with such little fanfare at E3 and introduced it with people who didn't play the game very well. Compared to LBP2 the reveal for LBP3 was abysmal and so was the marketing for it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Whichever one I played with you and Yuri was the best game for in the series. XD Did we play on both LBP and LBP2?

Anyway, those were the only games two I got from the series. Was quite late getting LBP, as I got the anniversary or whatever version it was for £20 I think? Good concept of a game, and Stephen Fry was brilliant as the narrator/guide. When Sackboy reacted to stuff he said or what he had to do was great too. Wish I made the level I wanted to try and do, it was going to be a race between three players, using something at the start or part way through. Did play some good customised levels. The only one I can remember though was inside a dark house/area, and Moony, Yuri and I played through, was kind of like a story. Oh, I also remember hide and seek and "it" I think? XD

The only thing I liked about LBP3 despite not playing it, were the new forms you could play as that did something specific. Although did that end up taking away from Sackboy? As in less reason to play as that form. Since we could use other stuff to get him(/her) around levels from the past two games.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Whichever one I played with you and Yuri was the best game for in the series. XD Did we play on both LBP and LBP2?

Anyway, those were the only games two I got from the series. Was quite late getting LBP, as I got the anniversary or whatever version it was for £20 I think? Good concept of a game, and Stephen Fry was brilliant as the narrator/guide. When Sackboy reacted to stuff he said or what he had to do was great too. Wish I made the level I wanted to try and do, it was going to be a race between three players, using something at the start or part way through. Did play some good customised levels. The only one I can remember though was inside a dark house/area, and Moony, Yuri and I played through, was kind of like a story. Oh, I also remember hide and seek and "it" I think? XD

The only thing I liked about LBP3 despite not playing it, were the new forms you could play as that did something specific. Although did that end up taking away from Sackboy? As in less reason to play as that form. Since we could use other stuff to get him(/her) around levels from the past two games.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I recall we played on LBP1 and the level you're thinking of may be the one with the chainsaw dude who chases you. There was a Bioshock level we played too, which I joined late on and caused the water to break. XD

The alternate characters in LBP3 didn't really impact the amount you play as Sackboy because the character is determined by the level, not the player, except in home worlds. So unless the creator sets the character to be someone else you're always given Sackboy.

Apart from Toggle, the abilities of Oddsock and Swoop were things Sackboy already did, such as wall jumping, flying and gliding (albeit the last two require power ups).

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I recall we played on LBP1 and the level you're thinking of may be the one with the chainsaw dude who chases you. There was a Bioshock level we played too, which I joined late on and caused the water to break. XD

The alternate characters in LBP3 didn't really impact the amount you play as Sackboy because the character is determined by the level, not the player, except in home worlds. So unless the creator sets the character to be someone else you're always given Sackboy.

Apart from Toggle, the abilities of Oddsock and Swoop were things Sackboy already did, such as wall jumping, flying and gliding (albeit the last two require power ups).
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
The only thing I remember about this games from the days of old™, was my friend from school bringing his copy of the first one home for us to try on a VERY early PSX emulator. It blew my mind... all ten minutes it ran properly on my humble Pentium II.

I haven't played any of them since.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
The only thing I remember about this games from the days of old™, was my friend from school bringing his copy of the first one home for us to try on a VERY early PSX emulator. It blew my mind... all ten minutes it ran properly on my humble Pentium II.

I haven't played any of them since.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How did it work on a PSX emulator when it's a PS3 game? Blink

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Jun 22nd, 2018, 11:54 PM)Moonface Wrote:

*Facepalms* I went to Wikipedia to confirm that wasn't the game I was talking about.

It must have been something similiar. My bad...
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Jun 22nd, 2018, 11:54 PM)Moonface Wrote:

*Facepalms* I went to Wikipedia to confirm that wasn't the game I was talking about.

It must have been something similiar. My bad...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sackboy: A Big Adventure Announced
LittleBigPlanet is still alive and well as a new game has been announced by Sumo Digital, and this time Sackboy is in a full 3D adventure!

Announcement of the fucking day for me! I started getting the feeling it was LittleBigPlanet as it panned over the tiger at the start, and then when I saw the zipper I fucking screamed! It makes me so happy to see Sony hasn't abandoned LBP in favour of Dreams or after the lukewarm reception to LBP3. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sackboy: A Big Adventure Announced
LittleBigPlanet is still alive and well as a new game has been announced by Sumo Digital, and this time Sackboy is in a full 3D adventure!

Announcement of the fucking day for me! I started getting the feeling it was LittleBigPlanet as it panned over the tiger at the start, and then when I saw the zipper I fucking screamed! It makes me so happy to see Sony hasn't abandoned LBP in favour of Dreams or after the lukewarm reception to LBP3. Grin
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I wondered if MediaMolicule was responsible for Sackboys Adventures, so I see it was the LBP3 devs & if the game has issues playing with other players as LBP3 did? It's gonna flop. So I'm hoping this game has decent two player co-op.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I wondered if MediaMolicule was responsible for Sackboys Adventures, so I see it was the LBP3 devs & if the game has issues playing with other players as LBP3 did? It's gonna flop. So I'm hoping this game has decent two player co-op.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think making LBP3 cross gen contributed to a lot of that games problems. Both PS3 and PS4 are vastly different and a lot of development time likely got poured into that. I also don't think Sony would dare give their IP to Sumo again if it looked like they will screw it up again.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think making LBP3 cross gen contributed to a lot of that games problems. Both PS3 and PS4 are vastly different and a lot of development time likely got poured into that. I also don't think Sony would dare give their IP to Sumo again if it looked like they will screw it up again.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 13th, 2020, 12:28 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Well. I hope your right. I'd love to give Sacboy's Adventure a shot, but IDK if it's a system seller tbh.  Errm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 13th, 2020, 12:28 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Well. I hope your right. I'd love to give Sacboy's Adventure a shot, but IDK if it's a system seller tbh.  Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I started Sackboy: A Big Adventure two nights ago and it so far has become my most beloved game this entire year. It has all the charm a LBP game should have, and it so far has redeemed Sumo Digital for me after their handling of LBP3. Crash 4 was going to be my platformer of the year but I think it's going to be this game now.

If you don't want to be spoiled at all about any of the levels in this game, don't watch this, but this level alone made me so unbelievably happy:

If there's an LBP4 with the charm of this game it has such a good chance of being on par to LBP2 or even besting it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I started Sackboy: A Big Adventure two nights ago and it so far has become my most beloved game this entire year. It has all the charm a LBP game should have, and it so far has redeemed Sumo Digital for me after their handling of LBP3. Crash 4 was going to be my platformer of the year but I think it's going to be this game now.

If you don't want to be spoiled at all about any of the levels in this game, don't watch this, but this level alone made me so unbelievably happy:

If there's an LBP4 with the charm of this game it has such a good chance of being on par to LBP2 or even besting it.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I really want Sackboy: A Big Adventure so badly: I asked for it as a Christmas gift. I'm asking for the PS4 version since the PS5 is getting sniped up by scalpers & the PS5 has had its launch issues too. So even though I have the cash for a PS5, I can wait to get it.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I really want Sackboy: A Big Adventure so badly: I asked for it as a Christmas gift. I'm asking for the PS4 version since the PS5 is getting sniped up by scalpers & the PS5 has had its launch issues too. So even though I have the cash for a PS5, I can wait to get it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The PS4 version is better to get anyway because it comes with a free upgrade to the PS5 version. If you get the PS5 version it doesn't come with the PS4 version.

The PS4 version runs fine though. Even the load times are good which is nice to see after the awful load times of LBP3.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The PS4 version is better to get anyway because it comes with a free upgrade to the PS5 version. If you get the PS5 version it doesn't come with the PS4 version.

The PS4 version runs fine though. Even the load times are good which is nice to see after the awful load times of LBP3.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Can't wait to play more; we're 3 worlds in and it's just been a joy to play each time. My favorite part is the physics of the game aren't LBP "floaty" style and it's super refreshing.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Can't wait to play more; we're 3 worlds in and it's just been a joy to play each time. My favorite part is the physics of the game aren't LBP "floaty" style and it's super refreshing.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 20th, 2020, 04:56 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
My favorite part is the physics of the game aren't LBP "floaty" style and it's super refreshing.
I still think there should be an option after game completion to turn on the old physics. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 20th, 2020, 04:56 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
My favorite part is the physics of the game aren't LBP "floaty" style and it's super refreshing.
I still think there should be an option after game completion to turn on the old physics. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,919 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,970 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,270 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,843 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface