Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Anyone who likes the Mario series and partly racing have got to love Mario Kart. Always a joy to play, even when getting done by blue shells or lightning so close to the finish line. So discuss all Mario Kart here!

I own Mario Kart 64 (Virtual Console), Super Circuit, Double Dash, DS, Wii, 7 and 8 Deluxe. Super Circuit was fun by myself, Double Dash played with my brother and friends, plus a bit of Wii too with others. 64 is OK, although the AI's rubber banding was a bit annoying. DS was well recieved, but probably my least played along with 64. I'd play 64 over DS just for the rubber banding though, to laugh at it. XD

7 is good, but would rather play other 3DS games. Not saying it's bad, was fun as usual when I played it.

Hard time deciding if Double Dash, Wii or 8 is the best, but eh. 8 I need to play more of though, but the amount of characters, kart customisations and many Battle Modes may give it the edge. Double Dash for nostalgia for me anyway, the one I may have played the most very closely followed by Wii. The All-Star Cup is what me and my brother player a lot of, and during them we see what characters aren't the race. Now there's so many. XD 

Loving what I've played of MK8 Deluxe though. No need for the DLC packs, which are all inclusive, yay. Glad I waited on the Switch instead of Wii U (although I am a bit late, but better than never). Runaway Renegades is a blast.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Anyone who likes the Mario series and partly racing have got to love Mario Kart. Always a joy to play, even when getting done by blue shells or lightning so close to the finish line. So discuss all Mario Kart here!

I own Mario Kart 64 (Virtual Console), Super Circuit, Double Dash, DS, Wii, 7 and 8 Deluxe. Super Circuit was fun by myself, Double Dash played with my brother and friends, plus a bit of Wii too with others. 64 is OK, although the AI's rubber banding was a bit annoying. DS was well recieved, but probably my least played along with 64. I'd play 64 over DS just for the rubber banding though, to laugh at it. XD

7 is good, but would rather play other 3DS games. Not saying it's bad, was fun as usual when I played it.

Hard time deciding if Double Dash, Wii or 8 is the best, but eh. 8 I need to play more of though, but the amount of characters, kart customisations and many Battle Modes may give it the edge. Double Dash for nostalgia for me anyway, the one I may have played the most very closely followed by Wii. The All-Star Cup is what me and my brother player a lot of, and during them we see what characters aren't the race. Now there's so many. XD 

Loving what I've played of MK8 Deluxe though. No need for the DLC packs, which are all inclusive, yay. Glad I waited on the Switch instead of Wii U (although I am a bit late, but better than never). Runaway Renegades is a blast.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
MK8D can push ahead of DD for me when you play Baby Park at 200cc. It's just as hectic as the DD version, even more so if you set it to crazy items. I'm just glad it has a proper battle mode unlike whatever that shit was they threw into MK8 on Wii U. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
MK8D can push ahead of DD for me when you play Baby Park at 200cc. It's just as hectic as the DD version, even more so if you set it to crazy items. I'm just glad it has a proper battle mode unlike whatever that shit was they threw into MK8 on Wii U. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Going through Mirror Mode at the moment for Gold 3-stars. I have yet to play 200cc at all, apart from once or twice before I got my own game. So yeah, I am looking forward to Baby Park. I also find some other track quite hectic with just normal items, but can't remember which one that was (although nowhere near the scale of Baby Park). Not the Excitebike track. Actually come to think of it I might be thinking of a Battle stage. LOL MK8 Rainbow Road and Bowser's Castle were annoying when I played them yesterday on just Mirror, so yay for 200cc on those. Although I think I got better on Bowser's Castle after many attempts. Didn't find problems with it on 150cc weirdly enough.

Mario Kart Stadium, Mario Circuit, GBA Mario Circuit, 3DS Koopa City, GCN Yoshi Circuit, Baby Park (of course), Dry Dry Desert, Mute City and Bug Blue are my favourite tracks. Koopa City needs to be renamed to Drift City. XD I wish the N64 Rainbow Road could have multiple laps instead of being one full lap, but there were not many long tracks anyway. Also wish you could set laps in VS Race. Need more laps of Baby Park.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Going through Mirror Mode at the moment for Gold 3-stars. I have yet to play 200cc at all, apart from once or twice before I got my own game. So yeah, I am looking forward to Baby Park. I also find some other track quite hectic with just normal items, but can't remember which one that was (although nowhere near the scale of Baby Park). Not the Excitebike track. Actually come to think of it I might be thinking of a Battle stage. LOL MK8 Rainbow Road and Bowser's Castle were annoying when I played them yesterday on just Mirror, so yay for 200cc on those. Although I think I got better on Bowser's Castle after many attempts. Didn't find problems with it on 150cc weirdly enough.

Mario Kart Stadium, Mario Circuit, GBA Mario Circuit, 3DS Koopa City, GCN Yoshi Circuit, Baby Park (of course), Dry Dry Desert, Mute City and Bug Blue are my favourite tracks. Koopa City needs to be renamed to Drift City. XD I wish the N64 Rainbow Road could have multiple laps instead of being one full lap, but there were not many long tracks anyway. Also wish you could set laps in VS Race. Need more laps of Baby Park.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Man Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 is and was my jam when I was a kid.

For a long long time I considered the Mario Kart series one of my favorite series out there period.

Mario Kart 8 for the Switch is my most played game on the console. So that's saying something. Awesome game and awesome series.
WR91 Offline
Casual
Man Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 is and was my jam when I was a kid.

For a long long time I considered the Mario Kart series one of my favorite series out there period.

Mario Kart 8 for the Switch is my most played game on the console. So that's saying something. Awesome game and awesome series.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Do you have a favourite track @"WrestleRacer91"?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 1st, 2020, 03:33 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I'd probably have to say race 1 on the original Mushroom Cup series on the original Super Mario Kart for Super Nintendo. Why? Because I have raced there the most and have it just about to a science on getting around that track.

I'm not sure if I've said this on here or not but I considered Super Mario Kart to be my favorite game for quiet sometime during my childhood. So yeah, I gotta go with that.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 1st, 2020, 03:33 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I'd probably have to say race 1 on the original Mushroom Cup series on the original Super Mario Kart for Super Nintendo. Why? Because I have raced there the most and have it just about to a science on getting around that track.

I'm not sure if I've said this on here or not but I considered Super Mario Kart to be my favorite game for quiet sometime during my childhood. So yeah, I gotta go with that.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Can y'all believe it's been 6 years since they've released a new Mario Kart? When the fuck are they gonna make a new one? Eh
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Can y'all believe it's been 6 years since they've released a new Mario Kart? When the fuck are they gonna make a new one? Eh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I hope there's one in the works. Although there's been only one Mario Kart per console though, and MK8D is the updated version of the Wii U's, maybe the recent Home Circuit is meant to be the true Switch instalment. Also there was a trend of 3 years between releases, so a new one could be 2023? Yikes.  D=
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I hope there's one in the works. Although there's been only one Mario Kart per console though, and MK8D is the updated version of the Wii U's, maybe the recent Home Circuit is meant to be the true Switch instalment. Also there was a trend of 3 years between releases, so a new one could be 2023? Yikes.  D=
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I expect a lot of work is going towards Mario Kart Tour or whatever that mobile game is called, especially since MK8 is still pulling good sales.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I expect a lot of work is going towards Mario Kart Tour or whatever that mobile game is called, especially since MK8 is still pulling good sales.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah it's really the fact that MK8D is still pulling a lot of the sales weight for the Switch that they don't feel incentivized to put effort into a brand new line, especially with what they have for mobile (Tour). It's just such a shame though. I'd even be content with them even making a spiritual successor in the vein of Smash Bros where you have characters from all series joining the race (I mean, it's half way there with Link and Isabelle as playables now, right?)
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah it's really the fact that MK8D is still pulling a lot of the sales weight for the Switch that they don't feel incentivized to put effort into a brand new line, especially with what they have for mobile (Tour). It's just such a shame though. I'd even be content with them even making a spiritual successor in the vein of Smash Bros where you have characters from all series joining the race (I mean, it's half way there with Link and Isabelle as playables now, right?)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wouldn't mind a spin off that has more tracks from other series in it. MK8D has Zelda, Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Excitebike, and F-Zero themed locations and a side game that has a more overall Nintendo focus (not everything and the kitchen sink like Smash) could be good. I'd love Sony to do a kart racer that focuses on all their first party stuff but that's never going to happen.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wouldn't mind a spin off that has more tracks from other series in it. MK8D has Zelda, Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Excitebike, and F-Zero themed locations and a side game that has a more overall Nintendo focus (not everything and the kitchen sink like Smash) could be good. I'd love Sony to do a kart racer that focuses on all their first party stuff but that's never going to happen.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Agreed.

If there's one thing I'd like to see in a new Mario Kart, other than the characters and tracks, is for them to properly implement 200cc. The levels they created for Mario Kart 8 were not suited for the high speeds of 200cc IMO and it makes playing it really frustrating and difficult. If they actually build tracks with 200cc in mind this time around, I feel like it could be really fun.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Agreed.

If there's one thing I'd like to see in a new Mario Kart, other than the characters and tracks, is for them to properly implement 200cc. The levels they created for Mario Kart 8 were not suited for the high speeds of 200cc IMO and it makes playing it really frustrating and difficult. If they actually build tracks with 200cc in mind this time around, I feel like it could be really fun.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 17th, 2021, 06:54 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Mario Kart 9 might be in development, if the words from Tokyo-based industry analyst Dr. Serkan Toto are true:
Serkan Toto Wrote:
I am aware Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still selling very well on the Nintendo Switch, but Mario Kart 9 is in active development (and comes with a new twist) and Nintendo could tease it this year. On mobile, Nintendo has been very silent since Mario Kart Tour's launch in 2019, but I think 2022 is when we will see an established IP arriving on smart devices again.
This statement comes from an article on Gamesindustry.biz, where various analysts weigh in on their predictions for 2022. I feel like if he didn't know it was in active development he would have worded it as just predicting there will be a new Mario Kart but omitting the active development part, so I think there's some decent weight to this based on the word choice.

Even if it turns out he's talking entirely out of his arse though, I think it'd be fun to come up with what the new twist would be for MK9 so what do people hope/think it might be? I'd love a feature like in Diddy Kong Racing and Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed where there's more options than just a car, but it's probably too drastic a change because no existing tracks would work with such a feature. I know some tracks were modified for the anti-gravity feature of MK8 but that doesn't really change the track layout/design like adding in non-car vehicle options would.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 17th, 2021, 06:54 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Mario Kart 9 might be in development, if the words from Tokyo-based industry analyst Dr. Serkan Toto are true:
Serkan Toto Wrote:
I am aware Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still selling very well on the Nintendo Switch, but Mario Kart 9 is in active development (and comes with a new twist) and Nintendo could tease it this year. On mobile, Nintendo has been very silent since Mario Kart Tour's launch in 2019, but I think 2022 is when we will see an established IP arriving on smart devices again.
This statement comes from an article on Gamesindustry.biz, where various analysts weigh in on their predictions for 2022. I feel like if he didn't know it was in active development he would have worded it as just predicting there will be a new Mario Kart but omitting the active development part, so I think there's some decent weight to this based on the word choice.

Even if it turns out he's talking entirely out of his arse though, I think it'd be fun to come up with what the new twist would be for MK9 so what do people hope/think it might be? I'd love a feature like in Diddy Kong Racing and Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed where there's more options than just a car, but it's probably too drastic a change because no existing tracks would work with such a feature. I know some tracks were modified for the anti-gravity feature of MK8 but that doesn't really change the track layout/design like adding in non-car vehicle options would.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
If there's one coming then hope it isn't only for smart devices, but MK8 Deluxe has been the main Mario Kart title for the Switch, but as it was an updated port then maybe, just maybe there'll be a proper, true Mario Kart and not the Home Circuit game. I mean that was fine for the novelty of basically have a remote control kart in a game race in your own home. I had next to no interest in that.

Not sure if they'll go down that route for the twist, because well it's already been done before with transforming mid-race. But I have no idea what the so-called twist could be if not that.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
If there's one coming then hope it isn't only for smart devices, but MK8 Deluxe has been the main Mario Kart title for the Switch, but as it was an updated port then maybe, just maybe there'll be a proper, true Mario Kart and not the Home Circuit game. I mean that was fine for the novelty of basically have a remote control kart in a game race in your own home. I had next to no interest in that.

Not sure if they'll go down that route for the twist, because well it's already been done before with transforming mid-race. But I have no idea what the so-called twist could be if not that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 8th, 2022, 06:47 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
What game does that? I can't recall Mario Kart ever featuring transformations. Unsure

I doubt MK9 will involve smart devices though. Nintendo has never released a game that's on a smart device and their home console, and Mario Kart doesn't really have a use for a companion app like Animal Crossing and Pokémon do. I do hope that the seasonal event GP things that Mario Kart World Tour has doesn't come into Mario Kart 9 though. I don't want to go through the experience of CTR: NF all over again. x.x

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 8th, 2022, 06:47 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
What game does that? I can't recall Mario Kart ever featuring transformations. Unsure

I doubt MK9 will involve smart devices though. Nintendo has never released a game that's on a smart device and their home console, and Mario Kart doesn't really have a use for a companion app like Animal Crossing and Pokémon do. I do hope that the seasonal event GP things that Mario Kart World Tour has doesn't come into Mario Kart 9 though. I don't want to go through the experience of CTR: NF all over again. x.x

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,921 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,973 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,270 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,843 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface