Xenoblade Chronicles (Series)
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
God, I should really just press forward and beat these other two games. I know they're not necessary in order to play any of these games (they're not really connected in terms of continuity) but it feels right to. I honestly can't believe how soon it's coming out. This'll definitely be a game I'll get down the line and not on launch.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
God, I should really just press forward and beat these other two games. I know they're not necessary in order to play any of these games (they're not really connected in terms of continuity) but it feels right to. I honestly can't believe how soon it's coming out. This'll definitely be a game I'll get down the line and not on launch.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 22nd, 2022, 05:47 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
May as well wait, since the Direct today seemed to mostly be about announcing future DLC plans for XC3. Not that I expect it to be bundled with the main game eventually but you could at least maybe end up finding the main game discounted so that the overall price is lower if you plan to get the DLC. It's a shame that a lot of stuff is story based since I feel a good way to try and get through these games would be for both of us to play it but that would only work if there was a load of side stuff I could do that isn't important to see and such. Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 22nd, 2022, 05:47 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
May as well wait, since the Direct today seemed to mostly be about announcing future DLC plans for XC3. Not that I expect it to be bundled with the main game eventually but you could at least maybe end up finding the main game discounted so that the overall price is lower if you plan to get the DLC. It's a shame that a lot of stuff is story based since I feel a good way to try and get through these games would be for both of us to play it but that would only work if there was a load of side stuff I could do that isn't important to see and such. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh there's PLENTY of side content to do. There's a whole "town" you help rebuild in the first game with a bunch of side quests to get that ball rolling. Entirely optional, but it does benefit you in the long run. If I recall correctly, there are things locked behind some of that progression as well. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh there's PLENTY of side content to do. There's a whole "town" you help rebuild in the first game with a bunch of side quests to get that ball rolling. Entirely optional, but it does benefit you in the long run. If I recall correctly, there are things locked behind some of that progression as well. Hmm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 24th, 2022, 04:13 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Oh I didn't doubt there was lots of side content. My concern is how much of it is good enough that it would be a loss to miss out on witnessing it versus side content that's just quests with little overall importance as an experience.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 24th, 2022, 04:13 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Oh I didn't doubt there was lots of side content. My concern is how much of it is good enough that it would be a loss to miss out on witnessing it versus side content that's just quests with little overall importance as an experience.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
From what I remember, it's largely fetch quests for items that you normally gather on your journey without having to grind for. Of course you can grind for it if you intend to focus on the quests, but luckily most things are acquired through normal gameplay.

I think you also recruit people for it? It's been so long. I really wanna try getting through it once I'm done with Arceus
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
From what I remember, it's largely fetch quests for items that you normally gather on your journey without having to grind for. Of course you can grind for it if you intend to focus on the quests, but luckily most things are acquired through normal gameplay.

I think you also recruit people for it? It's been so long. I really wanna try getting through it once I'm done with Arceus
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: Hmm. I guess I'd only care for the side quests if they give supplies worth doing them for, otherwise I think I'd find it hard to care if they don't affect the story/world at all since there wouldn't be any achievements to go after by doing them. Errm

Also for anyone interested in seeing a bit more of the world, story, and gameplay for Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Nintendo put out this new overview trailer a couple of days ago:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: Hmm. I guess I'd only care for the side quests if they give supplies worth doing them for, otherwise I think I'd find it hard to care if they don't affect the story/world at all since there wouldn't be any achievements to go after by doing them. Errm

Also for anyone interested in seeing a bit more of the world, story, and gameplay for Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Nintendo put out this new overview trailer a couple of days ago:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Persona (Series) | P3 Aigis The First Answer Port Announced Moonface 21 1,448 10 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 18 9,891 Apr 18th, 2024, 10:07 PM
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,527 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 120 12,754 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:29 PM
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 100 26,741 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:26 PM