Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh it's not even on sale and it's simply just the steelbook and no game? I'll only want it if it has the game inside but even then it's...will it even work in my PS5? I forget if stuff is region locked or not. I just don't want two cases, but yeah pretty pointless to list it now. Wish they actually revealed it earlier and include it when showing the release date/when pre-orders begun.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh it's not even on sale and it's simply just the steelbook and no game? I'll only want it if it has the game inside but even then it's...will it even work in my PS5? I forget if stuff is region locked or not. I just don't want two cases, but yeah pretty pointless to list it now. Wish they actually revealed it earlier and include it when showing the release date/when pre-orders begun.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,597
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jan 11th, 2024, 05:41 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
The game would function, but you would have to purchase and/or redeem DLC/codes with a US PSN account because they won't be recognized by the UK PS Store. Whenever I have a code to redeem or want to buy DLC I have to log in with @ShiraNoMai's account to do it, and if I ever click on anything in-game that opens the PS Store it'll give me an error prompt because it tries to go to a US store page but in the UK store.
I was mostly presenting the potential option of getting just the Steelbook because you could get a copy of the game normally, and then just get the Steelbook separately without a) having to wait for it to be shipped to you and b) avoiding any issues with getting DLC or redeeming codes. Wink
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,597 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jan 11th, 2024, 05:41 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
The game would function, but you would have to purchase and/or redeem DLC/codes with a US PSN account because they won't be recognized by the UK PS Store. Whenever I have a code to redeem or want to buy DLC I have to log in with @ShiraNoMai's account to do it, and if I ever click on anything in-game that opens the PS Store it'll give me an error prompt because it tries to go to a US store page but in the UK store.
I was mostly presenting the potential option of getting just the Steelbook because you could get a copy of the game normally, and then just get the Steelbook separately without a) having to wait for it to be shipped to you and b) avoiding any issues with getting DLC or redeeming codes. Wink
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dragon's Dogma 2 | Character Creator In-Depth Look
Take a deeper, albeit brief look at the improved character creator for Dragon's Dogma 2, which allows you to take a simple approach or configure every possible aspect of your characters physical appearance. Unless I've missed it before now, this also might be the first confirmation of having a choice of race in Dragon's Dogma 2, with the choices being human or beast, likely to play into the world having two distinct regions.

I wonder if the race choice is purely visual or if it will actually affect your gameplay when it comes to talking to people in either region. I'd like it if you gained an advantage in your races respective region for talking to NPC's (at least for those who have an issue with the opposite race) but I feel like we would've heard about the race choice before now if it played any sort of role. Unless it has been mentioned before and I just never saw anything about it.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dragon's Dogma 2 | Character Creator In-Depth Look
Take a deeper, albeit brief look at the improved character creator for Dragon's Dogma 2, which allows you to take a simple approach or configure every possible aspect of your characters physical appearance. Unless I've missed it before now, this also might be the first confirmation of having a choice of race in Dragon's Dogma 2, with the choices being human or beast, likely to play into the world having two distinct regions.

I wonder if the race choice is purely visual or if it will actually affect your gameplay when it comes to talking to people in either region. I'd like it if you gained an advantage in your races respective region for talking to NPC's (at least for those who have an issue with the opposite race) but I feel like we would've heard about the race choice before now if it played any sort of role. Unless it has been mentioned before and I just never saw anything about it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah there'll definitely be Beastren Arisen and Pawn creation. I'm wondering if there'll be any difference too, perhaps you start in different places but I doubt that. I'd rather not know everything straight away though, we'll see if dialogues, interactions and what have you are different.

Ah yes, sliders and extensive custom creation, I'll be stuck in it for a while trying to make my Arisen and Pawn as close to perfectly how I want as I can, don't care how long it takes me. I'll obviously be making a relatively normal human and not anything outlandish, but I'll be looking forward to perhaps seeing some crazy creations players will no doubt be doing either in a video or through hiring Pawns. XD
Hoping the McElroys have their eye on DD2 for their Monster Factory, although they haven't doing much with that series either because they were running out of games that have good custom creation or getting bored of it (hope it's not the latter, though last video was 5 months ago).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah there'll definitely be Beastren Arisen and Pawn creation. I'm wondering if there'll be any difference too, perhaps you start in different places but I doubt that. I'd rather not know everything straight away though, we'll see if dialogues, interactions and what have you are different.

Ah yes, sliders and extensive custom creation, I'll be stuck in it for a while trying to make my Arisen and Pawn as close to perfectly how I want as I can, don't care how long it takes me. I'll obviously be making a relatively normal human and not anything outlandish, but I'll be looking forward to perhaps seeing some crazy creations players will no doubt be doing either in a video or through hiring Pawns. XD
Hoping the McElroys have their eye on DD2 for their Monster Factory, although they haven't doing much with that series either because they were running out of games that have good custom creation or getting bored of it (hope it's not the latter, though last video was 5 months ago).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Character creator looks great! Can't wait to spend 30 seconds making a generic ass looking character and never touching it again.

The only negative to the game so far is the beast race. Nobody wants their game infested with disgusting furries.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Character creator looks great! Can't wait to spend 30 seconds making a generic ass looking character and never touching it again.

The only negative to the game so far is the beast race. Nobody wants their game infested with disgusting furries.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dragon's Dogma 2 | Action Trailer
A new trailer showcasing action and combat in Dragon's Dogma 2 has premiered during today's State of Play presentation.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dragon's Dogma 2 | Action Trailer
A new trailer showcasing action and combat in Dragon's Dogma 2 has premiered during today's State of Play presentation.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I didn't watch the trailer in it's entirety to not spoil myself too much, just saw 1 second glimpses of a walk in creepy woods, a Minotaur enemy, Lich type enemies are back, red glowy evil eyes on the (Grigori type) dragon and the Beastren guy too. Yay I guess.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I didn't watch the trailer in it's entirety to not spoil myself too much, just saw 1 second glimpses of a walk in creepy woods, a Minotaur enemy, Lich type enemies are back, red glowy evil eyes on the (Grigori type) dragon and the Beastren guy too. Yay I guess.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I wish they'd show magic a little more in-depth than they have in these trailers so far. I want to know how much they've improved it and if it actually feels fun to play or if Sorcerer is going to be like it was in the first game where all you did was make your Pawn one and never actually used it yourself (unless you had to level as one for a while for Magic Archer).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I wish they'd show magic a little more in-depth than they have in these trailers so far. I want to know how much they've improved it and if it actually feels fun to play or if Sorcerer is going to be like it was in the first game where all you did was make your Pawn one and never actually used it yourself (unless you had to level as one for a while for Magic Archer).
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I feel the marketing for a lot of this game has just been showing us the different classes in action and giving us a simple overview of the world, but very little in the way of how things compare to the original mechanically. Speaking of showing off different classes, a new trailer came out a few hours ago showing off the Fighter vocation:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I feel the marketing for a lot of this game has just been showing us the different classes in action and giving us a simple overview of the world, but very little in the way of how things compare to the original mechanically. Speaking of showing off different classes, a new trailer came out a few hours ago showing off the Fighter vocation:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dragon's Dogma 2 | Vocation Spotlight: Mage

Seen comments that this video is adding some weird visual effect onto spells that causes screen distortion that isn't present in any other footage. Having seen a side by side I'm hoping the distortion effect isn't actually something they added to the game and it is just for this video.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dragon's Dogma 2 | Vocation Spotlight: Mage

Seen comments that this video is adding some weird visual effect onto spells that causes screen distortion that isn't present in any other footage. Having seen a side by side I'm hoping the distortion effect isn't actually something they added to the game and it is just for this video.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dragon's Dogma 2 | Create Your Arisen and Pawn Before Launch
Welp, looks like a demo isn't on the cards for this game. Instead, Capcom have announced that players can download the Dragon's Dogma 2: Character Creator & Storage to create their Arisen and main Pawn before the game launches on March 22.

There was also a new highlights video posted, which covers the latest info about the gameplay and world of Dragon's Dogma 2:

Finally, I think all the Vocation Spotlights have been posted now, so here's all of them in one place:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dragon's Dogma 2 | Create Your Arisen and Pawn Before Launch
Welp, looks like a demo isn't on the cards for this game. Instead, Capcom have announced that players can download the Dragon's Dogma 2: Character Creator & Storage to create their Arisen and main Pawn before the game launches on March 22.

There was also a new highlights video posted, which covers the latest info about the gameplay and world of Dragon's Dogma 2:

Finally, I think all the Vocation Spotlights have been posted now, so here's all of them in one place:
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ooh Character Creation early, nice. Hmm. So I'm wondering if all of them are every vocation in the game or are there any held back? I forgot if they mentioned if Magick Archer, Mystic Spearhand and Trickster can be learnt by Pawns or are Arisen-only.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ooh Character Creation early, nice. Hmm. So I'm wondering if all of them are every vocation in the game or are there any held back? I forgot if they mentioned if Magick Archer, Mystic Spearhand and Trickster can be learnt by Pawns or are Arisen-only.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I went through and watched all the vocation trailers again and... upon a second look at them all, they all look absolutely terrible. Warrior and Mystic Spearhand melee attacks look so slow and clunky, yet the hits sound faster, which just makes the combat look sloppy.

Warfarer being the only class that can use Bow/Daggers combo is crap, especially since that class apparently has pretty bad stat growths compared to all of the other classes.

I can't think of a single vocation that I could play and say, "Yeah, I'm going to have fun with this."

That paired up with what I've been hearing about absolutely god awful performance issues on PS5 (very unstable 30 FPS, with the game dipping down to sub 20 during combat) might make it so I hold off on this game for quite a while. Might get Rise of the Ronin instead and leave DD2 alone for a few months while they (hopefully) fix it and see if they release any DLC vocations that might actually be fun to play as.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I went through and watched all the vocation trailers again and... upon a second look at them all, they all look absolutely terrible. Warrior and Mystic Spearhand melee attacks look so slow and clunky, yet the hits sound faster, which just makes the combat look sloppy.

Warfarer being the only class that can use Bow/Daggers combo is crap, especially since that class apparently has pretty bad stat growths compared to all of the other classes.

I can't think of a single vocation that I could play and say, "Yeah, I'm going to have fun with this."

That paired up with what I've been hearing about absolutely god awful performance issues on PS5 (very unstable 30 FPS, with the game dipping down to sub 20 during combat) might make it so I hold off on this game for quite a while. Might get Rise of the Ronin instead and leave DD2 alone for a few months while they (hopefully) fix it and see if they release any DLC vocations that might actually be fun to play as.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I heard about the game having uncapped fps but didn't know it was causing the game to drop below 30fps; I was expecting to hear it causing problems by randomly jumping to like 40 or something and that it would be best to just keep it locked.

I can't really see why this game would have an issue maintaining a stable 30fps (or even 60 but whatever) when I doubt it's going to be doing anything other games haven't got going on at the same quality or better while also hitting better frame rates.

Did either of you play the original Dragon's Dogma near launch? I'm curious if that game was in a different state at that time compared to when the Dark Arisen update dropped for it.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I heard about the game having uncapped fps but didn't know it was causing the game to drop below 30fps; I was expecting to hear it causing problems by randomly jumping to like 40 or something and that it would be best to just keep it locked.

I can't really see why this game would have an issue maintaining a stable 30fps (or even 60 but whatever) when I doubt it's going to be doing anything other games haven't got going on at the same quality or better while also hitting better frame rates.

Did either of you play the original Dragon's Dogma near launch? I'm curious if that game was in a different state at that time compared to when the Dark Arisen update dropped for it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I played the original Dragon's Dogma very briefly before Dark Arisen dropped, but I don't remember any big performance differences between the two. Though keep in mind that the original DD + Dark Arisen were PS3/360 releases, so they were... pretty subpar by default. Lots of frame issues and such that a lot of games from that generation suffered.

The fact that Dragon's Dogma 2 on the PS5 is going to run as well as Dragon's Dogma did on the PS3 is absolutely embarrassing on Capcom's part.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I played the original Dragon's Dogma very briefly before Dark Arisen dropped, but I don't remember any big performance differences between the two. Though keep in mind that the original DD + Dark Arisen were PS3/360 releases, so they were... pretty subpar by default. Lots of frame issues and such that a lot of games from that generation suffered.

The fact that Dragon's Dogma 2 on the PS5 is going to run as well as Dragon's Dogma did on the PS3 is absolutely embarrassing on Capcom's part.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 31 8,836 Yesterday, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  LittleBigPlanet (Series) | User Created Content Offline Permanently Moonface 35 16,445 Apr 22nd, 2024, 11:52 PM
  Persona (Series) | P3 Aigis The First Answer Port Announced Moonface 21 1,518 Apr 19th, 2024, 02:25 PM
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 18 9,976 Apr 18th, 2024, 10:07 PM
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,600 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM