Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Did you play the Future Tense level of the N. Sane Trilogy? That was a brand new level that VV made and it was a promising sign of what a new Crash platformer could be.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Did you play the Future Tense level of the N. Sane Trilogy? That was a brand new level that VV made and it was a promising sign of what a new Crash platformer could be.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That shot of Cortex Castle looks good. The one I'm looking out for is Papu Pyramid, as that was the only track I played most on from the demo disc, and don't remember any other tracks. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That shot of Cortex Castle looks good. The one I'm looking out for is Papu Pyramid, as that was the only track I played most on from the demo disc, and don't remember any other tracks. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Papu Pyramid was in the reveal trailer as one of the very first transitional shots. They just made the track a lot dingier, especially in the skybox, so it might not have been instantly recognisable; moreso if you hadn't seen the original track in a while.

Another shot of Cortex Castle was put out today, this time of the interior section near the end of the track with the stained glass windows in the blue room:

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Papu Pyramid was in the reveal trailer as one of the very first transitional shots. They just made the track a lot dingier, especially in the skybox, so it might not have been instantly recognisable; moreso if you hadn't seen the original track in a while.

Another shot of Cortex Castle was put out today, this time of the interior section near the end of the track with the stained glass windows in the blue room:

Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
(Jan 15th, 2019, 03:49 PM)Moonface Wrote:

VV was responsible for some okay GBA Crash games but they weren’t to the caliber of the originals or really anything special. They also made Nitro Kart which doesn’t hold a candle to CTR. 

I did play their Future Tense level and I’ll give them credit for making a great level but it doesn’t instill confidence in me that they can create an original game that’s great given their history. The level was just rearranging assets and ideas someone else made. It’s much harder to come up with something entirely original but maybe I’m being too hard on them because not everything Naughty Dog made was good before Crash. Maybe they will surprise me. 

That said I’m looking forward to this remake. This game was so good as a kid in 4 player splitscreen. Anyone else like playing the original game before a remake comes out? I want to play the PS1 version soon before I get this.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440

VV was responsible for some okay GBA Crash games but they weren’t to the caliber of the originals or really anything special. They also made Nitro Kart which doesn’t hold a candle to CTR. 

I did play their Future Tense level and I’ll give them credit for making a great level but it doesn’t instill confidence in me that they can create an original game that’s great given their history. The level was just rearranging assets and ideas someone else made. It’s much harder to come up with something entirely original but maybe I’m being too hard on them because not everything Naughty Dog made was good before Crash. Maybe they will surprise me. 

That said I’m looking forward to this remake. This game was so good as a kid in 4 player splitscreen. Anyone else like playing the original game before a remake comes out? I want to play the PS1 version soon before I get this.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 16th, 2019, 02:37 AM)Metallix Wrote:
Visually it wasn't new, but they had ideas in that level that hadn't been in any Crash Bandicoot game before and they made a level that was actually challenging even with every power up, which no other level in Warped managed to achieve in my opinion. I understand their track record of not producing any full game on par to the original Crash trilogy can make it hard to have confidence in them for a new Crash title though. Their team members have likely changed since then though which might be helpful to giving them some fresh ideas, which they've hinted at with Future Tense.

In CTR:NF news, there's been a few Polar Pass screenshots coming out over the past few days:

[Image: DyV-V6-X0AE1XnS.jpg]

[Image: DyQE19qWoAgq9qJ.jpg]

[Image: gz75s19ulmd21.jpg]

It's interesting to see how they're visually spicing up the track since the original was rather bland and would definitely not hold up just being HD'd.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 16th, 2019, 02:37 AM)Metallix Wrote:
Visually it wasn't new, but they had ideas in that level that hadn't been in any Crash Bandicoot game before and they made a level that was actually challenging even with every power up, which no other level in Warped managed to achieve in my opinion. I understand their track record of not producing any full game on par to the original Crash trilogy can make it hard to have confidence in them for a new Crash title though. Their team members have likely changed since then though which might be helpful to giving them some fresh ideas, which they've hinted at with Future Tense.

In CTR:NF news, there's been a few Polar Pass screenshots coming out over the past few days:

[Image: DyV-V6-X0AE1XnS.jpg]

[Image: DyQE19qWoAgq9qJ.jpg]

[Image: gz75s19ulmd21.jpg]

It's interesting to see how they're visually spicing up the track since the original was rather bland and would definitely not hold up just being HD'd.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled Gameplay
Beenox has given some journalists access to the upcoming Crash Team Racing remake to share raw gameplay of three tracks from the game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled Gameplay
Beenox has given some journalists access to the upcoming Crash Team Racing remake to share raw gameplay of three tracks from the game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
First Coco Park Footage
In the second character trailer for Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled, we get to take our first look at the remastered Coco Park track!

They made this track look so good! It looks like there's some elements from the Medieval levels from Warped, since at the 0:22 mark you can see tents that seem similar to the ones in those levels.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
First Coco Park Footage
In the second character trailer for Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled, we get to take our first look at the remastered Coco Park track!

They made this track look so good! It looks like there's some elements from the Medieval levels from Warped, since at the 0:22 mark you can see tents that seem similar to the ones in those levels.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Gameplay is looking good from that footage. I've never been in a race with players drifting all over the place to get those boosts, so not sure how crazy races will be. I assume a lot of bumping into each other or walls. XD

Was there always statues of Coco in that track?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Gameplay is looking good from that footage. I've never been in a race with players drifting all over the place to get those boosts, so not sure how crazy races will be. I assume a lot of bumping into each other or walls. XD

Was there always statues of Coco in that track?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Coco Park never had statues or many other details. This is a top down view of the PS1 iteration of the track, which might give you an idea of how it looks:

[Image: Cocoparkatajos.jpg]

To help paint the picture, most detailing was trees and foliage. There were no structures apart from a crowd stand at the starting line.

As for people bumping into each other, that doesn't happen much except for tracks with very tight spaces, such as the beginning corners of Papu's Pyramid and some areas of Dragon Mines. The eight base racers come in pairs of two regarding their stats, so you can't really get more than two people going at the exact same speed in any race. Crash racing alongside Coco for example would see Crash pull ahead as he has 5/7 on Speed whereas Coco has 4/7. However from the starting line, Coco would pull away because she has 7/7 Acceleration, but over time on a straight track Crash would overtake her due to a higher top speed.

Coco Park is also an exceptionally wide track, and maybe even the widest in the game. The boost pads are also wide enough to take two people without them needing to come close to touching each other. It also only has walls in the tunnel portion of the track, and that area doesn't feature any big turns to drift through so you'd pretty much retain your racing line through there unless you on purposely change it.

Now everything I've said is taking single player into account, and could very well turn out very different in an online match with eight human players who will all be taking very similar paths without as much space between them as CPU players can create.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Coco Park never had statues or many other details. This is a top down view of the PS1 iteration of the track, which might give you an idea of how it looks:

[Image: Cocoparkatajos.jpg]

To help paint the picture, most detailing was trees and foliage. There were no structures apart from a crowd stand at the starting line.

As for people bumping into each other, that doesn't happen much except for tracks with very tight spaces, such as the beginning corners of Papu's Pyramid and some areas of Dragon Mines. The eight base racers come in pairs of two regarding their stats, so you can't really get more than two people going at the exact same speed in any race. Crash racing alongside Coco for example would see Crash pull ahead as he has 5/7 on Speed whereas Coco has 4/7. However from the starting line, Coco would pull away because she has 7/7 Acceleration, but over time on a straight track Crash would overtake her due to a higher top speed.

Coco Park is also an exceptionally wide track, and maybe even the widest in the game. The boost pads are also wide enough to take two people without them needing to come close to touching each other. It also only has walls in the tunnel portion of the track, and that area doesn't feature any big turns to drift through so you'd pretty much retain your racing line through there unless you on purposely change it.

Now everything I've said is taking single player into account, and could very well turn out very different in an online match with eight human players who will all be taking very similar paths without as much space between them as CPU players can create.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, that's how Coco Park looked like. Alrighty.

Oh, the footage part of my comment was about the three tracks in the video above the Coco Park post. Still, helpful to know tracks are wide. Won't be something that would deter me from getting this CTR, since I'm not worried about single player. Also don't currently have PS Plus at the moment, but I'd imagine I would still play online regardless of players bumping into each other. XD Takes me back to playing online on MKWii and MK7, which both were fun and I'd imagine this would be too.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, that's how Coco Park looked like. Alrighty.

Oh, the footage part of my comment was about the three tracks in the video above the Coco Park post. Still, helpful to know tracks are wide. Won't be something that would deter me from getting this CTR, since I'm not worried about single player. Also don't currently have PS Plus at the moment, but I'd imagine I would still play online regardless of players bumping into each other. XD Takes me back to playing online on MKWii and MK7, which both were fun and I'd imagine this would be too.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
N. Gin Labs Screenshot, Polar Trailer, and Ripper Roo Trailer
There's been some new things to check out for Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled with our first screenshot of N. Gin Labs and two new character trailers!

[Image: D0mW8WfU8AAqBvy.jpg]

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
N. Gin Labs Screenshot, Polar Trailer, and Ripper Roo Trailer
There's been some new things to check out for Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled with our first screenshot of N. Gin Labs and two new character trailers!

[Image: D0mW8WfU8AAqBvy.jpg]

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Gotta love Ripper Roo even when he's choking out a key. XD

N Gin's lab looks cool.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Gotta love Ripper Roo even when he's choking out a key. XD

N Gin's lab looks cool.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I like that they're adding in cut scenes for the keys either being shown or rewarded (hard to tell when it takes place from the trailer) that take place on the track as if the boss has been waiting for you (if it's before the race).

I expect N. Gin Labs to be given a trailer soon, and it'll probably be a playable track at PAX East. I'll soon know when I get to that event. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I like that they're adding in cut scenes for the keys either being shown or rewarded (hard to tell when it takes place from the trailer) that take place on the track as if the boss has been waiting for you (if it's before the race).

I expect N. Gin Labs to be given a trailer soon, and it'll probably be a playable track at PAX East. I'll soon know when I get to that event. Grin
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
One of these days I am definitely going to have to pick up the crash remake and get the racing one too whenever that comes out. I am still not quite sure if I'd want it for Switch or PC.... :thinking:
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
One of these days I am definitely going to have to pick up the crash remake and get the racing one too whenever that comes out. I am still not quite sure if I'd want it for Switch or PC.... :thinking:
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
PC will offer the best experience as N. Sane runs at 60fps on it. CTR I'd get based on what platform you'd want to play online on if you intend to use online.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
PC will offer the best experience as N. Sane runs at 60fps on it. CTR I'd get based on what platform you'd want to play online on if you intend to use online.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crash Bandicoot (Series) Moonface 40 28,709 Dec 25th, 2022, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time Moonface 25 10,214 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Moonface