Resident Evil (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
RESIDENT EVIL

If you haven't played any of the games, I'm sure you've at least heard of this series, and with how many games there are and the upcoming remake for Resident Evil 2, it shouldn't be hard to find something to talk about. ^_^

Here's some starting questions to get your brains ticking for the zombies:
  • What games have you played?
  • Which was your favourite?
  • Which had the best plot?
  • Who's your favourite boss?
I've played Resident Evil 4, 5, and 7 fully but I've also briefly played some Revelations and Code Veronica. Resi 4 is my favorite followed by Resi 7, although I'd say 7 is the better Resident Evil game of the two. I just hope that the sequel has more enemy variety as 7's was really lacking.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
RESIDENT EVIL

If you haven't played any of the games, I'm sure you've at least heard of this series, and with how many games there are and the upcoming remake for Resident Evil 2, it shouldn't be hard to find something to talk about. ^_^

Here's some starting questions to get your brains ticking for the zombies:
  • What games have you played?
  • Which was your favourite?
  • Which had the best plot?
  • Who's your favourite boss?
I've played Resident Evil 4, 5, and 7 fully but I've also briefly played some Revelations and Code Veronica. Resi 4 is my favorite followed by Resi 7, although I'd say 7 is the better Resident Evil game of the two. I just hope that the sequel has more enemy variety as 7's was really lacking.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
I have played 1, 3, Code Veronica, 4, 5, and 7.

When I played them as a kid they scared me but now they’re just fun games. I vastly prefer the old style and consider the remake of the first close to the best one. It keeps the atmosphere that made the first one so great but it looks gorgeous! I wish they kept the cheesy live action intro though. Hahaha

However I would say 7 in VR is the best. I would not have even been tense in 7 if I had played it on a TV because I’ve played so many horror games and have become used to them. In VR I literally jumped off the couch, never have done that before in a game. It’s just a completely different experience being in the game, even a first person perspective doesn’t compare.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
I have played 1, 3, Code Veronica, 4, 5, and 7.

When I played them as a kid they scared me but now they’re just fun games. I vastly prefer the old style and consider the remake of the first close to the best one. It keeps the atmosphere that made the first one so great but it looks gorgeous! I wish they kept the cheesy live action intro though. Hahaha

However I would say 7 in VR is the best. I would not have even been tense in 7 if I had played it on a TV because I’ve played so many horror games and have become used to them. In VR I literally jumped off the couch, never have done that before in a game. It’s just a completely different experience being in the game, even a first person perspective doesn’t compare.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
7 could've remained scary throughout but the father was the most intimidating factor and once he was done nothing else came close or was repetitive and predictable.

I'd like if future games go the Rockstar route and offer first and third person perspectives.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
7 could've remained scary throughout but the father was the most intimidating factor and once he was done nothing else came close or was repetitive and predictable.

I'd like if future games go the Rockstar route and offer first and third person perspectives.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342
WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
It would probably be easier to list the games I haven't played, but here we go:
0, 1 (original, Director's Cut, Remake for the GameCube and the newest remake), 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Code Veronica X, Revelations 1, Dead Aim, Outbreak File #1, Outbreak File #2

Still a few that I haven't played yet, including 7. I don't really have any real reasons other than just... laziness to be honest xD Though I'm actually more excited for the RE2 remake anyway.

My favourite was definitely Resident Evil 3. Though 4 was pretty close since I had a lot of fun with that one.

I think RE2 or 3 had the best plot. And of course, my favourite boss was the Nemesis Tongue
[Image: ldgamalthea.png]
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342 WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
It would probably be easier to list the games I haven't played, but here we go:
0, 1 (original, Director's Cut, Remake for the GameCube and the newest remake), 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Code Veronica X, Revelations 1, Dead Aim, Outbreak File #1, Outbreak File #2

Still a few that I haven't played yet, including 7. I don't really have any real reasons other than just... laziness to be honest xD Though I'm actually more excited for the RE2 remake anyway.

My favourite was definitely Resident Evil 3. Though 4 was pretty close since I had a lot of fun with that one.

I think RE2 or 3 had the best plot. And of course, my favourite boss was the Nemesis Tongue
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen some stuff for RE2's remake and while nothing has given me a lot to form an opinion on how it plays, I will say they are definitely nailing the atmosphere, especially where lighting is concerned. I wonder if they'll consider offering a first person perspective since that was received well for RE7 and I don't think it would hurt the game to have both third and first person options.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen some stuff for RE2's remake and while nothing has given me a lot to form an opinion on how it plays, I will say they are definitely nailing the atmosphere, especially where lighting is concerned. I wonder if they'll consider offering a first person perspective since that was received well for RE7 and I don't think it would hurt the game to have both third and first person options.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
The demo for the RE2 remake came out the other day Smile Did anyone give it a try? 30 minutes was such a tease xD I'm really looking forward to it now.

It got me pretty excited so I decided to finally try out RE7 too! Tongue
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
The demo for the RE2 remake came out the other day Smile Did anyone give it a try? 30 minutes was such a tease xD I'm really looking forward to it now.

It got me pretty excited so I decided to finally try out RE7 too! Tongue
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't tried the demo yet but want to. It'll probably be what determines if I buy the remake right away or wait a while for it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't tried the demo yet but want to. It'll probably be what determines if I buy the remake right away or wait a while for it.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Has anyone played the remake of the first game? Anyone play the first game when it was newish? I played the heck out of it as a kid. It’s what got me into survival horror.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Has anyone played the remake of the first game? Anyone play the first game when it was newish? I played the heck out of it as a kid. It’s what got me into survival horror.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
(Jan 14th, 2019, 08:56 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Hope you like it! I thought it was pretty fun.

(Jan 17th, 2019, 05:39 AM)Metallix Wrote:
I've played the original, the first remake and the newest remake xD I'm not sure how old I was when I first played the original, but I remember watching my parents play it and that's what got me into RE/survival horror Tongue

I also just completed RE7 last night Tongue I did miss the classic RE zombies, but it was a pretty solid and fun game.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
(Jan 14th, 2019, 08:56 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Hope you like it! I thought it was pretty fun.

(Jan 17th, 2019, 05:39 AM)Metallix Wrote:
I've played the original, the first remake and the newest remake xD I'm not sure how old I was when I first played the original, but I remember watching my parents play it and that's what got me into RE/survival horror Tongue

I also just completed RE7 last night Tongue I did miss the classic RE zombies, but it was a pretty solid and fun game.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've never played the original Resident Evil, but after playing the RE2 remake demo I'm curious if it has a similar experience that I would enjoy playing.

As I just said, I played the demo of RE2 and just reached my time limit, and I have to say the atmosphere is on point. It freaked me out a bit when I shot a zombie in the head and it didn't die right away; even more so when it got back up again and I thought that I actually wasn't able to kill the zombies unless I make their head explode (which happened for a single zombie). I made it all the way to the room that looks like a big library when my timer ended, in case anyone wonders how far in I got compared to themselves.

Definitely going to buy the full game when it releases though. Aside from the main game, I'm also very curious about playing as a block of tofu. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've never played the original Resident Evil, but after playing the RE2 remake demo I'm curious if it has a similar experience that I would enjoy playing.

As I just said, I played the demo of RE2 and just reached my time limit, and I have to say the atmosphere is on point. It freaked me out a bit when I shot a zombie in the head and it didn't die right away; even more so when it got back up again and I thought that I actually wasn't able to kill the zombies unless I make their head explode (which happened for a single zombie). I made it all the way to the room that looks like a big library when my timer ended, in case anyone wonders how far in I got compared to themselves.

Definitely going to buy the full game when it releases though. Aside from the main game, I'm also very curious about playing as a block of tofu. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Jan 19th, 2019, 11:29 PM)Moonface Wrote:

What's this about, I didn't know this was a thing? XD Is that a side game, or play the game as that?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 

What's this about, I didn't know this was a thing? XD Is that a side game, or play the game as that?
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2

I think you'd enjoy the HD remaster of the original game! The only thing I'm not 100% sure on is what the controls are like and how they compare to the RE2 remake. I know they have the original "Tank Controls" and then a set of new controls, but I can't remember how they play.

The zombies in the first few games can definitely be bullet sponges XD They also added a twist to some of the zombies in the remake/HD remaster of RE1 too. I'm curious to see if they did the same thing in RE2 though I didn't encounter any in the demo.

(Jan 20th, 2019, 02:15 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

If I remember correctly, they used that in the original RE2 game to test hit boxes/collision but then it was given it's own mini-game Tongue
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2

I think you'd enjoy the HD remaster of the original game! The only thing I'm not 100% sure on is what the controls are like and how they compare to the RE2 remake. I know they have the original "Tank Controls" and then a set of new controls, but I can't remember how they play.

The zombies in the first few games can definitely be bullet sponges XD They also added a twist to some of the zombies in the remake/HD remaster of RE1 too. I'm curious to see if they did the same thing in RE2 though I didn't encounter any in the demo.

(Jan 20th, 2019, 02:15 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

If I remember correctly, they used that in the original RE2 game to test hit boxes/collision but then it was given it's own mini-game Tongue
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 21st, 2019, 05:21 PM)Amalthea Wrote:
Are you referring to crimson head zombies or whatever they're called? The ones that if you don't kill them they get stronger?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Are you referring to crimson head zombies or whatever they're called? The ones that if you don't kill them they get stronger?
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
(Jan 21st, 2019, 08:47 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Yep, those are the ones Tongue I think you could prevent them from coming back by destroying their head or burning them.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
(Jan 21st, 2019, 08:47 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Yep, those are the ones Tongue I think you could prevent them from coming back by destroying their head or burning them.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think they're in REmake 2 since they wasn't in the original and Capcom haven't made any indication they're being added.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think they're in REmake 2 since they wasn't in the original and Capcom haven't made any indication they're being added.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,898 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,962 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,448 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,266 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,824 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface