E3 2023 and Beyond Cancelled
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Yeah, hardly surprising at this point: the writing was on the wall for a while. But still sad to see the unceremonious demise of a once-great event.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Yeah, hardly surprising at this point: the writing was on the wall for a while. But still sad to see the unceremonious demise of a once-great event.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
[Image: GBJ6eTuXgAA46KQ?format=jpg&name=medium]

Well, if there was any doubt in anyone's minds still, it's even more official than it ever was. E3 is permanently dead.

Link to the announcement Tweet
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
[Image: GBJ6eTuXgAA46KQ?format=jpg&name=medium]

Well, if there was any doubt in anyone's minds still, it's even more official than it ever was. E3 is permanently dead.

Link to the announcement Tweet
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The nail is finally in the coffin and E3 is put to rest. Summer Games is where it's at, even though that doesn't bring excitement to me personally anyway apart from perhaps the odd thing.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The nail is finally in the coffin and E3 is put to rest. Summer Games is where it's at, even though that doesn't bring excitement to me personally anyway apart from perhaps the odd thing.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Not a surprise but it shows how unsalvageable the event was when even ReedPop couldn't find a way to adapt it to match the current state of things. I expect the biggest hurdle was trying to get publishers to care about attending because spending money on E3 doesn't bring any more attention than just doing Summer Game Fest or your own showcase video online which don't involve the E3 cost.

The only thing I'll ever miss from any type of live event is hearing a crowd react to a trailer. I can't ever watch the FF7 Remake reveal trailer without the crowd getting hype at the end of it because it just feels so much better with that energy on top of it.

I am curious to learn why the ESA announced this now instead of later or earlier. It just feels weirdly out of nowhere with no rumors or anything going on about the show nor anyone even really thinking about anything to do with the shows that happen in June. Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Not a surprise but it shows how unsalvageable the event was when even ReedPop couldn't find a way to adapt it to match the current state of things. I expect the biggest hurdle was trying to get publishers to care about attending because spending money on E3 doesn't bring any more attention than just doing Summer Game Fest or your own showcase video online which don't involve the E3 cost.

The only thing I'll ever miss from any type of live event is hearing a crowd react to a trailer. I can't ever watch the FF7 Remake reveal trailer without the crowd getting hype at the end of it because it just feels so much better with that energy on top of it.

I am curious to learn why the ESA announced this now instead of later or earlier. It just feels weirdly out of nowhere with no rumors or anything going on about the show nor anyone even really thinking about anything to do with the shows that happen in June. Hmm
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
In a way, it's not surprising at all that it's met its demise. But at the same time... I'm gonna miss the annual cancellation announcement, because it was becoming something of a yearly tradition Tongue .

Glad they've finally come to their senses and put it out of its misery, though.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
In a way, it's not surprising at all that it's met its demise. But at the same time... I'm gonna miss the annual cancellation announcement, because it was becoming something of a yearly tradition Tongue .

Glad they've finally come to their senses and put it out of its misery, though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 32 1,771 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Nintendo Direct - September 14, 2023 Moonface 3 432 Sep 14th, 2023, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Gamescom 2023 | Day 1 Summary Moonface 1 372 Aug 24th, 2023, 08:23 PM
  Nintendo Direct - June 21, 2023 Moonface 4 771 Jul 18th, 2023, 05:55 PM
  Summer Game Fest 2023 Megathread | LRG3 Showcase Summary Moonface 20 2,839 Jul 13th, 2023, 06:58 PM