Final Fantasy (Series) | Kitase Comments on FF6 Remake
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
F I N A L   F A N T A S Y
D I S C U S S I O N     T H R E A D

I wanted to post something in this but discovered we don't have one, so for everyone who wants to talk about Final Fantasy, welcome in! However, if you're planning to talk about any of these listed titles, click their links to go to their respective dedicated discussion threads:

So, the thing I wanted to post was this new statement from Yoshinori Kitase in regards to a Final Fantasy VI Remake. When asked about it during an interview, he said that despite getting a lot of requests for it from fans, media and people in the company [Square Enix] he is sad that he can’t confirm it as happening. He says that the main reason is there would be too much content and characters, and doing a remake of Final Fantasy VI in the same way as the Final Fantasy VII Remake would take around 20 years to complete as a result.

I'm curious to see what anyone here feels about this, and would you want FF6 remade in the visual style of FF7R even if it wouldn't take this long or would you prefer Square Enix took a different approach to remaking the game? Or even any other Final Fantasy game really, since besides the most recent ones there's definitely a lot of options to choose from for a remake.

I have no attachment to the Final Fantasy series at all, but I don't get why Square just doesn't do a remake in the Octopath style instead. It would probably take considerably less work to pull it off and I'm sure that visual style could still really capture the beauty of those older games because a game doesn't need the hyper detailed visuals of FF7R to necessarily look good. Art style matters way more than visual fidelity.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
F I N A L   F A N T A S Y
D I S C U S S I O N     T H R E A D

I wanted to post something in this but discovered we don't have one, so for everyone who wants to talk about Final Fantasy, welcome in! However, if you're planning to talk about any of these listed titles, click their links to go to their respective dedicated discussion threads:

So, the thing I wanted to post was this new statement from Yoshinori Kitase in regards to a Final Fantasy VI Remake. When asked about it during an interview, he said that despite getting a lot of requests for it from fans, media and people in the company [Square Enix] he is sad that he can’t confirm it as happening. He says that the main reason is there would be too much content and characters, and doing a remake of Final Fantasy VI in the same way as the Final Fantasy VII Remake would take around 20 years to complete as a result.

I'm curious to see what anyone here feels about this, and would you want FF6 remade in the visual style of FF7R even if it wouldn't take this long or would you prefer Square Enix took a different approach to remaking the game? Or even any other Final Fantasy game really, since besides the most recent ones there's definitely a lot of options to choose from for a remake.

I have no attachment to the Final Fantasy series at all, but I don't get why Square just doesn't do a remake in the Octopath style instead. It would probably take considerably less work to pull it off and I'm sure that visual style could still really capture the beauty of those older games because a game doesn't need the hyper detailed visuals of FF7R to necessarily look good. Art style matters way more than visual fidelity.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I mean, the Pixel Remasters is the closest thing to a "remake" the series (from 1-6) should ever see, to be quite honest. I don't know if those games are really suited for a reinterpretation on that level, cuz even though 7 had a ground-up remake, it had a 3D/visual identity to work with. Going from straight 2D pixel art is such an endeavor on the level of book to movie translation, where a lot of liberties and interpretations from whoever is directing it will make no one happy, I imagine.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I mean, the Pixel Remasters is the closest thing to a "remake" the series (from 1-6) should ever see, to be quite honest. I don't know if those games are really suited for a reinterpretation on that level, cuz even though 7 had a ground-up remake, it had a 3D/visual identity to work with. Going from straight 2D pixel art is such an endeavor on the level of book to movie translation, where a lot of liberties and interpretations from whoever is directing it will make no one happy, I imagine.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Final Fantasy VI should never get a remake on the level of Final Fantasy VII. Well, considering FFVII Remake aren't even remakes, and are just sequels, I guess it becomes a moot point. They shouldn't have the same graphics level though. If they ever do remake FFVI, they should do it in the 2.5 HD style such as Octopath Traveler or the upcoming Dragon Quest III 2.5 HD Remake (which looks absolutely gorgeous if nobody here has seen it yet).

My main interest though is that rumored FFIX Remake from the Nvidia leak a couple of years ago. Everything on that list for Square Enix has come true so far except that and the Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster. A Final Fantasy IX Remake could be absolutely wonderful if done in the right way. They need to not go for hyper realistic graphics like FF7R and instead keep it cartoon-ish to retain the original charm.

A great example of this is the fan-made Memoria Project. This is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL remaking of FFIX and if Square Enix didn't hire these guys to come in and help with a FF9 Remake, I'm going to cry in a corner for the rest of my life, because man what a waste it would be not to utilize this style for the remake. It would retain that fantasy charm that the original game had while making it look a lot more modern. The copium side of me is hoping the reason why it's taking so long for the announcement of FF9 Remake is because Square decided to halt current production on the game to bring these guys in to re-do the graphics for it and not because they are trying to figure out how to shove as many NFTs or AI assets into the game as possible. Copium overdosing here.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Final Fantasy VI should never get a remake on the level of Final Fantasy VII. Well, considering FFVII Remake aren't even remakes, and are just sequels, I guess it becomes a moot point. They shouldn't have the same graphics level though. If they ever do remake FFVI, they should do it in the 2.5 HD style such as Octopath Traveler or the upcoming Dragon Quest III 2.5 HD Remake (which looks absolutely gorgeous if nobody here has seen it yet).

My main interest though is that rumored FFIX Remake from the Nvidia leak a couple of years ago. Everything on that list for Square Enix has come true so far except that and the Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster. A Final Fantasy IX Remake could be absolutely wonderful if done in the right way. They need to not go for hyper realistic graphics like FF7R and instead keep it cartoon-ish to retain the original charm.

A great example of this is the fan-made Memoria Project. This is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL remaking of FFIX and if Square Enix didn't hire these guys to come in and help with a FF9 Remake, I'm going to cry in a corner for the rest of my life, because man what a waste it would be not to utilize this style for the remake. It would retain that fantasy charm that the original game had while making it look a lot more modern. The copium side of me is hoping the reason why it's taking so long for the announcement of FF9 Remake is because Square decided to halt current production on the game to bring these guys in to re-do the graphics for it and not because they are trying to figure out how to shove as many NFTs or AI assets into the game as possible. Copium overdosing here.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I sort of feel like that since most of the talent left from square and formed Monoliftsoft, it's just not there to make a remaster of FFVI anyway. Besides I'd rather have a retro looking game with upgraded cut scenes like in the PlayStation version that never came to pc anyway. Easy done deal.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I sort of feel like that since most of the talent left from square and formed Monoliftsoft, it's just not there to make a remaster of FFVI anyway. Besides I'd rather have a retro looking game with upgraded cut scenes like in the PlayStation version that never came to pc anyway. Easy done deal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 30 8,789 9 hours ago
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  LittleBigPlanet (Series) | User Created Content Offline Permanently Moonface 35 16,417 Apr 22nd, 2024, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Persona (Series) | P3 Aigis The First Answer Port Announced Moonface 21 1,500 Apr 19th, 2024, 02:25 PM
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 18 9,953 Apr 18th, 2024, 10:07 PM
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,561 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM