Thanksgiving 2023
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was going to make this tomorrow but I'm too curious about what plans anyone who celebrates this has for tomorrow to wait. Tongue

For me I'll be going to my mother-in-laws since she always hosts Thanksgiving, and to make the workload easier everyone is bringing something to contribute to the meal so it all doesn't fall on one person to make everything. I'm bringing along Yorkshire Puddings that I bought frozen this weekend from the British store in the area since they're a British thing that goes well with a Thanksgiving meal and everyone in the family fell in love with them when I brought them along the first time; although initially everyone was wary and confused by them. XD
I expect the meats will be ham and turkey again like it is every year, although I won't be bothering with the turkey because every year I always get disappointed by it. It's just so rare to find turkey that gets cooked properly and doesn't end up dry. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was going to make this tomorrow but I'm too curious about what plans anyone who celebrates this has for tomorrow to wait. Tongue

For me I'll be going to my mother-in-laws since she always hosts Thanksgiving, and to make the workload easier everyone is bringing something to contribute to the meal so it all doesn't fall on one person to make everything. I'm bringing along Yorkshire Puddings that I bought frozen this weekend from the British store in the area since they're a British thing that goes well with a Thanksgiving meal and everyone in the family fell in love with them when I brought them along the first time; although initially everyone was wary and confused by them. XD
I expect the meats will be ham and turkey again like it is every year, although I won't be bothering with the turkey because every year I always get disappointed by it. It's just so rare to find turkey that gets cooked properly and doesn't end up dry. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah-ha, you have taught them the way of Yorkshire Pudding, yes.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah-ha, you have taught them the way of Yorkshire Pudding, yes.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just started watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and saw they added a balloon based on an NFT character that was voted in by the public. I've never wanted to see a balloon deflate so much in my life...

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just started watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and saw they added a balloon based on an NFT character that was voted in by the public. I've never wanted to see a balloon deflate so much in my life...
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's unfortunate that the Luffy/One Piece one had the deflate issue. The hat was all floppy by the time it got to 34th Street Sad

Got a weird half cold I'm fighting. Just an annoying cough and no other symptoms strangely. Presuming it's because my body is fighting it off. Just sucks cuz I gotta play super safe with keeping folk healthy and not spread anything. COVID tested this morning and it was clean, but who knows. More than likely a cold. No one I know has anything
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's unfortunate that the Luffy/One Piece one had the deflate issue. The hat was all floppy by the time it got to 34th Street Sad

Got a weird half cold I'm fighting. Just an annoying cough and no other symptoms strangely. Presuming it's because my body is fighting it off. Just sucks cuz I gotta play super safe with keeping folk healthy and not spread anything. COVID tested this morning and it was clean, but who knows. More than likely a cold. No one I know has anything
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just left my family Thanksgiving gathering and I think this might be the first year ever where no one got horribly drunk or brought up politics. Never thought I'd see the day that would happen honestly. LOL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just left my family Thanksgiving gathering and I think this might be the first year ever where no one got horribly drunk or brought up politics. Never thought I'd see the day that would happen honestly. LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah it was amazingly pleasant this year. That, I'm thankful for lmao

Really hoping I stayed away from folks enough to not spread anything to them. I did my best.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah it was amazingly pleasant this year. That, I'm thankful for lmao

Really hoping I stayed away from folks enough to not spread anything to them. I did my best.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Happy Thanksgiving to all the friends! and mine was quite pleasant too really.

Though I have yet to see anyone really bring up politics at my thanksgiving and I feel like I'm missing out. But it seem this year I am not missing out cause we all are! Grin
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Happy Thanksgiving to all the friends! and mine was quite pleasant too really.

Though I have yet to see anyone really bring up politics at my thanksgiving and I feel like I'm missing out. But it seem this year I am not missing out cause we all are! Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Consider yourself lucky, it's not a fun position to be in when you're constantly belittled and looked down upon for existing ya know lol
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Consider yourself lucky, it's not a fun position to be in when you're constantly belittled and looked down upon for existing ya know lol
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,810
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I didn't do anything for Thanksgiving. I don't care about the holiday, I just care about all the great sales on tech stuff that surrounds it, so my Thanksgiving was spent researching a bunch of items I was interested in and trying to figure out which ones I thought would be worth buying.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,810 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I didn't do anything for Thanksgiving. I don't care about the holiday, I just care about all the great sales on tech stuff that surrounds it, so my Thanksgiving was spent researching a bunch of items I was interested in and trying to figure out which ones I thought would be worth buying.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 24th, 2023, 01:39 AM)Karo Wrote:
Eh, there's a very long sliding scale of how that can go, but even on the better end of the scale it isn't really something worth experiencing. I do find it funny though how Thanksgiving has this stigma attached to it of not bringing up politics because it won't end well, when in England I have never experienced any event needing a "No Politics" disclaimer attached because nobody would bring it up unless they want to be seen as a complete mood killer. Not because bringing it up would cause a bad situation, but rather just talking about politics at a family dinner would be seen as a really drab subject to talk about.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 24th, 2023, 01:39 AM)Karo Wrote:
Eh, there's a very long sliding scale of how that can go, but even on the better end of the scale it isn't really something worth experiencing. I do find it funny though how Thanksgiving has this stigma attached to it of not bringing up politics because it won't end well, when in England I have never experienced any event needing a "No Politics" disclaimer attached because nobody would bring it up unless they want to be seen as a complete mood killer. Not because bringing it up would cause a bad situation, but rather just talking about politics at a family dinner would be seen as a really drab subject to talk about.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
My husband and I went to my parents for Thanksgiving. I made homemade biscuits, and my husband made the gravy. They ate all the biscuits and gravy, my dad all but inhaled the pan of them I made. We also had some homemade potato salad, with some green beans, honey glazed carrots & the meat was tuna steaks seared in garlic butter. Also yes, I know tuna isn't a meat most people have on thanksgiving, but it's something my husband and I started to do when we first got married and used to go to at least 3 different Thanksgiving meals on 1 day. So, since we got sick of turkey, we deiced to go with tuna steak. I'm a huge fan of eating fish and have been cooking it a long time, so I'm an old hat. My dad and mom just told me that they don't even miss the turkey: tuna is just as good. It's also cheaper since usually turkey costs us around $20 for a big enough bird for 4 of us. But it's also a pain to prep and lift into the oven, all I have to do is cook up the tuna in 20 minutes and we've got dinner. So, it worked out.

We'll be having thanksgiving with his sister-in-law, her kids and hubby. We'll be going over around like 3pm so, it'll be a late breakfast for us. xp (Also my hubby works second shift, so he usually sleeps in pretty late anyway.)
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
My husband and I went to my parents for Thanksgiving. I made homemade biscuits, and my husband made the gravy. They ate all the biscuits and gravy, my dad all but inhaled the pan of them I made. We also had some homemade potato salad, with some green beans, honey glazed carrots & the meat was tuna steaks seared in garlic butter. Also yes, I know tuna isn't a meat most people have on thanksgiving, but it's something my husband and I started to do when we first got married and used to go to at least 3 different Thanksgiving meals on 1 day. So, since we got sick of turkey, we deiced to go with tuna steak. I'm a huge fan of eating fish and have been cooking it a long time, so I'm an old hat. My dad and mom just told me that they don't even miss the turkey: tuna is just as good. It's also cheaper since usually turkey costs us around $20 for a big enough bird for 4 of us. But it's also a pain to prep and lift into the oven, all I have to do is cook up the tuna in 20 minutes and we've got dinner. So, it worked out.

We'll be having thanksgiving with his sister-in-law, her kids and hubby. We'll be going over around like 3pm so, it'll be a late breakfast for us. xp (Also my hubby works second shift, so he usually sleeps in pretty late anyway.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reflecting on 2023 Moonface 2 230 Jan 15th, 2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Christmas/Holiday Season 2023 Moonface 20 1,102 Jan 5th, 2024, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Spotify Wrapped/Your (Top) Songs of 2023 Moonface 3 289 Dec 3rd, 2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2023 Dragon Lord 5 365 Nov 27th, 2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 3,110 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord