Yoshi (Series)
Moonface Offline
Long live the dragon king!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4) | Hitman 2 (PS4)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
[Image: 300px-Yoshi_logo.png]

With the recent announcement of Yoshi's Crafted World coming out on March 29th and a new story trailer for it, I figured now is a good a time as any to make a thread for everything about the Yoshi series of games! Grin

I know we have a few Yoshi fans here, so what is your (least) favourite game in the series, and how excited are you for Crafted World? Smile

[Image: file.php?id=3006934]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

[Image: ForumAbilitiesSig.gif]
Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
[Image: 300px-Yoshi_logo.png]

With the recent announcement of Yoshi's Crafted World coming out on March 29th and a new story trailer for it, I figured now is a good a time as any to make a thread for everything about the Yoshi series of games! Grin

I know we have a few Yoshi fans here, so what is your (least) favourite game in the series, and how excited are you for Crafted World? Smile

queenzelda Offline
Gengar Master
Currently Playing
[3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4, PS3, Wii, DS, & 3DS
XP: 2,566 XP
Horizon Zero Dawn Pokémon LittleBigPlanet 
I don't consider myself a Yoshi fan, but I do enjoy the Yoshi titles. I'd say my least favorite Yoshi title, was Yoshi's Woolly World. I tried to play it & got pretty far in the game, but it just wasn't that great impo. It just felt rushed. I'm hoping there's more polish to Crafted World when it's released. I might wait to see what reviews for it are before I consider getting it.
[Image: 1160028.png]

[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Gengar Master
Currently Playing
[3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4, PS3, Wii, DS, & 3DS
I don't consider myself a Yoshi fan, but I do enjoy the Yoshi titles. I'd say my least favorite Yoshi title, was Yoshi's Woolly World. I tried to play it & got pretty far in the game, but it just wasn't that great impo. It just felt rushed. I'm hoping there's more polish to Crafted World when it's released. I might wait to see what reviews for it are before I consider getting it.
Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
I found Woolly World to be OK, but it's the only one I've really played a lot of so I don't really have anything to compare it with. If you felt it was rushed I'd be surprised if Crafted feels the same, only because the game was delayed so in theory it should be getting the time it needs.
[Image: file.php?id=3006934]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

[Image: ForumAbilitiesSig.gif]
Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
I found Woolly World to be OK, but it's the only one I've really played a lot of so I don't really have anything to compare it with. If you felt it was rushed I'd be surprised if Crafted feels the same, only because the game was delayed so in theory it should be getting the time it needs.
queenzelda Offline
Gengar Master
Currently Playing
[3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4, PS3, Wii, DS, & 3DS
Horizon Zero Dawn Pokémon LittleBigPlanet 
I'm hoping that Crafted World is a bit better. At least it looks a lot better, gameplay wise. I also feel like it reminds me a bit of LBP in spots mixed with bits of Paper Mario & the areas of the 3DS where they added paper craft stuff.

Still, I'll wait for the game to release & read a review or two before diving in this time around. But, having played the past Yoshi titles, I'd have to say that my favorite so far would be Yoshi's New Island for the 3DS. But even with there being no baby mechanic in the WiiIU/Switch titles, I feel that it's lacking having them. Cause with that mechanic in; I feel like the game is a bit harder. Otherwise it's kind of a walk in the park, without it impo.
[Image: 1160028.png]

[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Gengar Master
Currently Playing
[3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4, PS3, Wii, DS, & 3DS
I'm hoping that Crafted World is a bit better. At least it looks a lot better, gameplay wise. I also feel like it reminds me a bit of LBP in spots mixed with bits of Paper Mario & the areas of the 3DS where they added paper craft stuff.

Still, I'll wait for the game to release & read a review or two before diving in this time around. But, having played the past Yoshi titles, I'd have to say that my favorite so far would be Yoshi's New Island for the 3DS. But even with there being no baby mechanic in the WiiIU/Switch titles, I feel that it's lacking having them. Cause with that mechanic in; I feel like the game is a bit harder. Otherwise it's kind of a walk in the park, without it impo.
Amalthea Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Spyro Reignited, Sims 4
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 220.73 XP
I haven't played any recent Yoshi titles, but I looove Yoshi's Island for the SNES Tongue
[Image: ldgamalthea.png]
Amalthea Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Spyro Reignited, Sims 4
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 220.73 XP
I haven't played any recent Yoshi titles, but I looove Yoshi's Island for the SNES Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tekken 7 | BBCTB | Super Bomberman R | Others likely
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Uncharted Rayman Tekken 
Only played Super Mario Bros. Advance 3: Yoshi's Island for GBA, and Yoshi's New Island for (3?)DS, but haven't completed the latter. Can't really say I have a least favourite because of that, but the first based on the original was an excellent game. Was interested in Yoshi's Story for Virtual Console, but never got it. Woolly World looks like a fun game. Crafted World looks like another one too. Somewhat interested in this one. :3
[Image: Hazamasig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Tekken 7 | BBCTB | Super Bomberman R | Others likely
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Only played Super Mario Bros. Advance 3: Yoshi's Island for GBA, and Yoshi's New Island for (3?)DS, but haven't completed the latter. Can't really say I have a least favourite because of that, but the first based on the original was an excellent game. Was interested in Yoshi's Story for Virtual Console, but never got it. Woolly World looks like a fun game. Crafted World looks like another one too. Somewhat interested in this one. :3
ShiraNoMai Offline
New Year, New BS
Moderators
Currently Playing
Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! | Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 862.48 XP
Horizon Zero Dawn Mario Kart Pokémon 
(01-19-2019, 04:44 AM)Amalthea Wrote:

Ah, a person of culture! Island for the SNES is the penultimate for the series as a whole. I'm unsure if Nintendo could ever hope to top that, considering it was already a marvel for its time in terms of graphics and innovation. They'd have to pull something off on a Breath of the Wild scale to be able to pull the series out from where it is now. Not that it's in a particularly bad place; it has just vastly strayed from the original formula in favor of the cutesy exploration-paced take on the series.

I really appreciated what they did with Woolly, I might add. A lot of Island attributes, like Extra levels, unique and clever level design for puzzle-solving on collectibles. Even the music was calling back to some semblance of fun and creativity (Island DS and especially Island 3DS had particularly uninspired and bad soundtracks and audio design).

As for the newest entry, Crafted, I called it being a Yoshi's Story-inspired title from the moment they showcased it at E3 2017: The slower-paced movement, the deliberate 2.5D pathfinding, and now with the latest trailer, the plot is plucked straight from Story! Not that that's a bad thing, I just find it interesting they chose to do an Island approach with Woolly and now a Story approach with Crafted.
[Image: z1x0gCB.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
New Year, New BS
Currently Playing
Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! | Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 862.48 XP
(01-19-2019, 04:44 AM)Amalthea Wrote:

Ah, a person of culture! Island for the SNES is the penultimate for the series as a whole. I'm unsure if Nintendo could ever hope to top that, considering it was already a marvel for its time in terms of graphics and innovation. They'd have to pull something off on a Breath of the Wild scale to be able to pull the series out from where it is now. Not that it's in a particularly bad place; it has just vastly strayed from the original formula in favor of the cutesy exploration-paced take on the series.

I really appreciated what they did with Woolly, I might add. A lot of Island attributes, like Extra levels, unique and clever level design for puzzle-solving on collectibles. Even the music was calling back to some semblance of fun and creativity (Island DS and especially Island 3DS had particularly uninspired and bad soundtracks and audio design).

As for the newest entry, Crafted, I called it being a Yoshi's Story-inspired title from the moment they showcased it at E3 2017: The slower-paced movement, the deliberate 2.5D pathfinding, and now with the latest trailer, the plot is plucked straight from Story! Not that that's a bad thing, I just find it interesting they chose to do an Island approach with Woolly and now a Story approach with Crafted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resident Evil (Series) Moonface 19 700 3 hours ago
Last Post: Amalthea
  Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Announced Moonface 25 1,256 01-16-2019, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Metallix
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 8 125 01-12-2019, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  God of War (Series) Moonface 5 379 01-07-2019, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Bioshock (Series) Amalthea 0 90 12-09-2018, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Amalthea