Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think Pokémon is simply too big to have any of its mainline games fail even if something like NFT's were put into them. It's not like SE where they're really only held up by a few flagship franchises they have while most other things they put out don't generate a huge profit because of how much money they pour into them (see: any of the recent Tomb Raider games). I doubt any mainline Pokémon game would have more money put into it than what comes out, and even if it did happen it would also require areas like merch to also falter since that area brings in such an insane amount of money, which is why the games never get delayed. TPC isn't going to delay their merch launches when that makes up such a huge amount of their income.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think Pokémon is simply too big to have any of its mainline games fail even if something like NFT's were put into them. It's not like SE where they're really only held up by a few flagship franchises they have while most other things they put out don't generate a huge profit because of how much money they pour into them (see: any of the recent Tomb Raider games). I doubt any mainline Pokémon game would have more money put into it than what comes out, and even if it did happen it would also require areas like merch to also falter since that area brings in such an insane amount of money, which is why the games never get delayed. TPC isn't going to delay their merch launches when that makes up such a huge amount of their income.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Presents Announced for August 8
The next Pokémon Presents will air on August 8 at 6am PT / 9am ET / 12pm 2pm* GMT, and will run for approximately 35 minutes.

For anyone who's knowledgeable on Pokémon games unlike myself, the tweet announcing this contains a trailer that has the Pokémon Presents logo periodically switch out into a purple neon version with spooky ambience. It probably implies something but I have no clue what:

*I am truly having a way with time zones lately...

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Presents Announced for August 8
The next Pokémon Presents will air on August 8 at 6am PT / 9am ET / 12pm 2pm* GMT, and will run for approximately 35 minutes.

For anyone who's knowledgeable on Pokémon games unlike myself, the tweet announcing this contains a trailer that has the Pokémon Presents logo periodically switch out into a purple neon version with spooky ambience. It probably implies something but I have no clue what:

*I am truly having a way with time zones lately...
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, good not 12pm because I have an appointment then. XD

Yeah I have no idea what that change to the logo is all about other than maybe a Ghost type thing for something, a new game or update for Scarlet/Violet or whatever.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, good not 12pm because I have an appointment then. XD

Yeah I have no idea what that change to the logo is all about other than maybe a Ghost type thing for something, a new game or update for Scarlet/Violet or whatever.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only comment I've seen on the logo swapping out to a neon look is that it might be referencing the Detective Pikachu movie, as that logo used a neon style. It seems the most likely thing it could be for, especially since Detective Pikachu Returns for the Switch releases in October so that game will be in this Presents for sure, and would be a good time to announce another movie especially if it's somehow going to come out by the end of this year so it can be alongside the game. I believe this is also the longest Pokémon Presents to ever air, so this could be the big thing it covers that needs a bit more time than a typical Presents. There's no chance it's a new game since I think Nintendo would save that for the Switch 2.

Scarlet/Violet will probably just get release dates for the two-part DLC that's coming out, since we still only have Fall 2023 and Winter 2023 for both of those. Definitely nothing that the Presents teaser could be referring to as the styles don't match up plus we already have the biggest news S/V could get, we just need finer details about it like release dates as I said. I reckon this would be the other thing we get a lot of time spent on other than the point I made above.

Pokémon Concierge will probably get another trailer as that comes out in December 2023 and we've heard nothing of it since the first teaser trailer reveal back in February, so Nintendo will want to remind everyone that exists and give us another look at it.

Pokémon Sleep might get something since it just released and could do with some QoL features such as smartwatch integration as the current approach of placing a device near your pillow is rather flawed for getting accurate sleep data. @ShiraNoMai uses it but the problem is if I move in bed, her phone next to her pillow captures that which makes it unreliable for recording sleep of a single person. I doubt we'll get any update info on the app though and just get a small reminder about it if this comes up at all.

Pokémon Trading Card Game Classic hasn't been seen since February either and comes out later this year, so I can see that coming up again.

Anything else we already know about will just be updates to stuff like Masters EX and Unite because they always show up due to being live service titles.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only comment I've seen on the logo swapping out to a neon look is that it might be referencing the Detective Pikachu movie, as that logo used a neon style. It seems the most likely thing it could be for, especially since Detective Pikachu Returns for the Switch releases in October so that game will be in this Presents for sure, and would be a good time to announce another movie especially if it's somehow going to come out by the end of this year so it can be alongside the game. I believe this is also the longest Pokémon Presents to ever air, so this could be the big thing it covers that needs a bit more time than a typical Presents. There's no chance it's a new game since I think Nintendo would save that for the Switch 2.

Scarlet/Violet will probably just get release dates for the two-part DLC that's coming out, since we still only have Fall 2023 and Winter 2023 for both of those. Definitely nothing that the Presents teaser could be referring to as the styles don't match up plus we already have the biggest news S/V could get, we just need finer details about it like release dates as I said. I reckon this would be the other thing we get a lot of time spent on other than the point I made above.

Pokémon Concierge will probably get another trailer as that comes out in December 2023 and we've heard nothing of it since the first teaser trailer reveal back in February, so Nintendo will want to remind everyone that exists and give us another look at it.

Pokémon Sleep might get something since it just released and could do with some QoL features such as smartwatch integration as the current approach of placing a device near your pillow is rather flawed for getting accurate sleep data. @ShiraNoMai uses it but the problem is if I move in bed, her phone next to her pillow captures that which makes it unreliable for recording sleep of a single person. I doubt we'll get any update info on the app though and just get a small reminder about it if this comes up at all.

Pokémon Trading Card Game Classic hasn't been seen since February either and comes out later this year, so I can see that coming up again.

Anything else we already know about will just be updates to stuff like Masters EX and Unite because they always show up due to being live service titles.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I can't imagine another remake gets announced for the fall this year, as I think the Scarlet/Violet DLC is TPC's holiday release instead. They did it for Sword/Shield, can't see them not doing that again.

Even then, they've been doing one remake per console. We've had BD/SP already on Switch so the next remake in theory would be on the next iteration of a Nintendo console.

Sleep needs some patches yeah. I wish it wouldn't use the gyro movement to figure out sleep, it's why it needs to be on the bed.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I can't imagine another remake gets announced for the fall this year, as I think the Scarlet/Violet DLC is TPC's holiday release instead. They did it for Sword/Shield, can't see them not doing that again.

Even then, they've been doing one remake per console. We've had BD/SP already on Switch so the next remake in theory would be on the next iteration of a Nintendo console.

Sleep needs some patches yeah. I wish it wouldn't use the gyro movement to figure out sleep, it's why it needs to be on the bed.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Here's a quick rundown of the new things announced today at the Presents:
  • Pokémon Path to the Peak is a new animation that will first air at the Pokémon World Championships
  • Detective Pikachu Returns available for preorder ($49.99)
  • Paldea Pokémon will be added to Pokémon GO from September
  • Mega Mewtwo Y will be available from August 17th 2023 for Pokemon Unite
  • Victor & Spectrier will be available in Pokémon Masters EX from August 16th
  • Pokémon Trading Card Game for GameBoy and Pokémon Stadium 2 added to NSO today
  • Pokémon Sleep to add a Good Sleep Day event on nights of a Full Moon
  • S/V: Mewtwo's Tera Raid Battle event running September 1st through 17th
  • Get a Mew for the event with the code GETY0URMEW until September 18th
  • The Teal Mask (SV DLC Part 1) will release on September 13th 2023
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Here's a quick rundown of the new things announced today at the Presents:
  • Pokémon Path to the Peak is a new animation that will first air at the Pokémon World Championships
  • Detective Pikachu Returns available for preorder ($49.99)
  • Paldea Pokémon will be added to Pokémon GO from September
  • Mega Mewtwo Y will be available from August 17th 2023 for Pokemon Unite
  • Victor & Spectrier will be available in Pokémon Masters EX from August 16th
  • Pokémon Trading Card Game for GameBoy and Pokémon Stadium 2 added to NSO today
  • Pokémon Sleep to add a Good Sleep Day event on nights of a Full Moon
  • S/V: Mewtwo's Tera Raid Battle event running September 1st through 17th
  • Get a Mew for the event with the code GETY0URMEW until September 18th
  • The Teal Mask (SV DLC Part 1) will release on September 13th 2023
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't watched the presentation yet but just going off the above summary it doesn't sound like it had very much of note to show off. Seems like the majority of the time was spent on S/V stuff with the odd thing thrown in to break things up. Errm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't watched the presentation yet but just going off the above summary it doesn't sound like it had very much of note to show off. Seems like the majority of the time was spent on S/V stuff with the odd thing thrown in to break things up. Errm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Presents Announced for February 27th
A new Pokémon Presents will air on February 27th at 6am PT / 9am ET / 2pm GMT, in celebration of Pokémon Day 2024.

The music in the video might be a hint at what could be coming during the Presents. I'm not well versed enough to know what that track is associated with specifically despite recognizing it. Maybe they're finally going to bring some of the old games over to NSO? Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Presents Announced for February 27th
A new Pokémon Presents will air on February 27th at 6am PT / 9am ET / 2pm GMT, in celebration of Pokémon Day 2024.

The music in the video might be a hint at what could be coming during the Presents. I'm not well versed enough to know what that track is associated with specifically despite recognizing it. Maybe they're finally going to bring some of the old games over to NSO? Hmm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
A lot of people have been guessing that, but Gamefreak used that music before from the last Pokémon Direct. Still, we'll see.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
A lot of people have been guessing that, but Gamefreak used that music before from the last Pokémon Direct. Still, we'll see.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
A lot of rumors going around that Pokemon Gold and Silver will be a huge focus of this Pokemon Direct. Would be kind of funny if Nintendo announced new remakes of Gold/Silver instead of the highly anticipated Black/White remakes that everyone has been hoping for.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
A lot of rumors going around that Pokemon Gold and Silver will be a huge focus of this Pokemon Direct. Would be kind of funny if Nintendo announced new remakes of Gold/Silver instead of the highly anticipated Black/White remakes that everyone has been hoping for.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 21st, 2024, 01:38 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Oh they did? I don't recall that. Unsure

(Feb 21st, 2024, 03:24 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
That G/S rumour picked up heavily earlier when someone noticed the livestream waiting room on YouTube was categorized under Pokémon Gold/Silver before being promptly changed to no category. It could just be that YouTube auto-sorted it into that category but I feel it would have chosen Scarlet/Violet over Gold/Silver because the former is the newest entry and presumably the most popular one recently as a result.

Looking at a list of the entries (because I don't remember what the order is by heart) I'd be surprised if there was a Gold/Silver remake, because it already got one with HG/SS. Black/White is the next entry that hasn't had a second release (I don't count the sequels as a second release) so logically that should absolutely be next. Unless they're gonna remake Crystal in a manner similar to how Yellow got remade with the Let's Go entries.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 21st, 2024, 01:38 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Oh they did? I don't recall that. Unsure

That G/S rumour picked up heavily earlier when someone noticed the livestream waiting room on YouTube was categorized under Pokémon Gold/Silver before being promptly changed to no category. It could just be that YouTube auto-sorted it into that category but I feel it would have chosen Scarlet/Violet over Gold/Silver because the former is the newest entry and presumably the most popular one recently as a result.

Looking at a list of the entries (because I don't remember what the order is by heart) I'd be surprised if there was a Gold/Silver remake, because it already got one with HG/SS. Black/White is the next entry that hasn't had a second release (I don't count the sequels as a second release) so logically that should absolutely be next. Unless they're gonna remake Crystal in a manner similar to how Yellow got remade with the Let's Go entries.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Geez, time really has gone by so much knowing B/W are next due for a remake. Even if it does feel like the DS was ages ago now, just damn I thought I was late getting properly into playing a Pokémon game yet it's been 14 years since B/W's release.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Geez, time really has gone by so much knowing B/W are next due for a remake. Even if it does feel like the DS was ages ago now, just damn I thought I was late getting properly into playing a Pokémon game yet it's been 14 years since B/W's release.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Feb 23rd, 2024, 01:24 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I don't expect it, but I wouldn't be surprised by it either just because gen 2 is usually regarded as the peak of Pokemon and Nintendo/Gamefreak/TPC must know how much fans absolutely love it and I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to cash in once more by remaking Gold/Silver another time. If any gen was going to see multiple remakes, I definitely think it'd be Gen 2.

Honestly, I'd just be happy with Switch ports of Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I thought they were amazing remakes and it'd be nice to be able to play them again without needing to use an emulator, since I no longer possess a working DS.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Feb 23rd, 2024, 01:24 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I don't expect it, but I wouldn't be surprised by it either just because gen 2 is usually regarded as the peak of Pokemon and Nintendo/Gamefreak/TPC must know how much fans absolutely love it and I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to cash in once more by remaking Gold/Silver another time. If any gen was going to see multiple remakes, I definitely think it'd be Gen 2.

Honestly, I'd just be happy with Switch ports of Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I thought they were amazing remakes and it'd be nice to be able to play them again without needing to use an emulator, since I no longer possess a working DS.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 24th, 2024, 05:23 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Porting any of the old games would be great given that it won't be long before any of the handheld games will a) no longer have any online functionality and b) won't be purchasable via the eShop.

I can't see the Pokémon games being ported through NSO though. There's far too much money left on the table doing that I think, but at the same time it would put every other game on NSO into question if the Pokémon games are able to be purchased instead of being tied to NSO while the rest don't get the same treatment.

However, making the games all purchasable means you can make everyone double dip if they want both versions and still force everyone into NSO to use any of the online functionality of those games.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 24th, 2024, 05:23 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Porting any of the old games would be great given that it won't be long before any of the handheld games will a) no longer have any online functionality and b) won't be purchasable via the eShop.

I can't see the Pokémon games being ported through NSO though. There's far too much money left on the table doing that I think, but at the same time it would put every other game on NSO into question if the Pokémon games are able to be purchased instead of being tied to NSO while the rest don't get the same treatment.

However, making the games all purchasable means you can make everyone double dip if they want both versions and still force everyone into NSO to use any of the online functionality of those games.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I wouldn't see them releasing them through NSO (unless they're planning on adding DS games to NSO, which I guess could be pretty nice).

While I did say I wouldn't expect another set of Gold/Silver/Crystal remakes, it would also be a bold faced lie for me to say that it wouldn't make me very happy if that did get announced. Like I mentioned, I loved HG/SS and I would love to see another set of Gen 2 remakes with the current graphic style of Pokemon games. Although I think I would riot if they did announce new Gen 2 remakes, but didn't bring over the lead Pokemon being able to follow you around like HG/SS had. That was one of the best aspects of those remakes and I'm sad they didn't continue to make that the norm in Pokemon games going forward.

Either way, should be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. You have people buying into the Gen 2 Remake hype, people buying into the Gen 5 remake hype and people buying into the Gen 10 hype. No matter how it goes, there's going to be two groups of people left unhappy at the end, haha.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I wouldn't see them releasing them through NSO (unless they're planning on adding DS games to NSO, which I guess could be pretty nice).

While I did say I wouldn't expect another set of Gold/Silver/Crystal remakes, it would also be a bold faced lie for me to say that it wouldn't make me very happy if that did get announced. Like I mentioned, I loved HG/SS and I would love to see another set of Gen 2 remakes with the current graphic style of Pokemon games. Although I think I would riot if they did announce new Gen 2 remakes, but didn't bring over the lead Pokemon being able to follow you around like HG/SS had. That was one of the best aspects of those remakes and I'm sad they didn't continue to make that the norm in Pokemon games going forward.

Either way, should be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. You have people buying into the Gen 2 Remake hype, people buying into the Gen 5 remake hype and people buying into the Gen 10 hype. No matter how it goes, there's going to be two groups of people left unhappy at the end, haha.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 30 8,798 Today, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  LittleBigPlanet (Series) | User Created Content Offline Permanently Moonface 35 16,420 Apr 22nd, 2024, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Persona (Series) | P3 Aigis The First Answer Port Announced Moonface 21 1,511 Apr 19th, 2024, 02:25 PM
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 18 9,954 Apr 18th, 2024, 10:07 PM
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,561 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM