Star Wars Jedi (Series)
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,556
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor | 9 Minutes of Planet Koboh Gameplay
If that six week delay has you lamenting over not getting to see the game as soon as you hoped, maybe this new gameplay footage taken on the planet Koboh will ease the sting a little.

In this footage, Cal Kestis has crash landed on Koboh and must seek out help to get his ship repaired. Most of the footage is focused on combat, showcasing single, dual, and double-ended lightsaber offense as well as other options and moves available such as slowing time and force powers. There isn't anything that will spoil the story, nor does it really show much of the location itself so you'll still probably be going into this planet pretty blind, for anyone concerned about any notable spoilers in the footage outside of the combat showcasing.

Don't really have much to say on this myself. It looks okay but can't say it was really exciting, but it doesn't help this is probably an early-game location so nothing crazy is really going to be expected anyway. Also I hate how every time Cal spoke I got worried about how much he's gonna talk in the final game because of Sony's trend of talkative characters making me wary now whenever a game has any talking in it. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,556 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor | 9 Minutes of Planet Koboh Gameplay
If that six week delay has you lamenting over not getting to see the game as soon as you hoped, maybe this new gameplay footage taken on the planet Koboh will ease the sting a little.

In this footage, Cal Kestis has crash landed on Koboh and must seek out help to get his ship repaired. Most of the footage is focused on combat, showcasing single, dual, and double-ended lightsaber offense as well as other options and moves available such as slowing time and force powers. There isn't anything that will spoil the story, nor does it really show much of the location itself so you'll still probably be going into this planet pretty blind, for anyone concerned about any notable spoilers in the footage outside of the combat showcasing.

Don't really have much to say on this myself. It looks okay but can't say it was really exciting, but it doesn't help this is probably an early-game location so nothing crazy is really going to be expected anyway. Also I hate how every time Cal spoke I got worried about how much he's gonna talk in the final game because of Sony's trend of talkative characters making me wary now whenever a game has any talking in it. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor | Official Story Trailer
Five years have passed since the events of Fallen Order, and the dark times are closing in as Cal Kestis seeks out a safe haven far from the reach of the Empire. Follow Cal and his crew's increasingly desperate fight as the galaxy descends further into darkness.

I didn't really go into this expecting to hear or see anything that would make me feel anything one way or the other, but I actually liked hearing that there's no heroic "we must stop the Empire" clichés and instead the heroes literally just want to find somewhere safe. If the whole game follows that route it might actually make the Empire seem like a huge threat because they can't be stopped by the player or even notably damaged like when the movies have the first Death Star blow up.
That said, I do hope Cal gets at least something notable to do for his story, even if it turns out he just maybe helps shelter enough people to allow the Resistance to grow in strength for what happens in the movies (I think these games happen in the gap between the third and fourth movies but I'd have to double check) since I think just having him find a safe place for him and his crew would be a bit underwhelming.

Not sure yet when I plan to get this game either. Reviews will play a decent part on this one for me for sure, but I think it'll take a lot for me to not just wait on a price drop for this one since I don't think it's a care-enough-to-spend-$70 kinda game for me. Shrug

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor | Official Story Trailer
Five years have passed since the events of Fallen Order, and the dark times are closing in as Cal Kestis seeks out a safe haven far from the reach of the Empire. Follow Cal and his crew's increasingly desperate fight as the galaxy descends further into darkness.

I didn't really go into this expecting to hear or see anything that would make me feel anything one way or the other, but I actually liked hearing that there's no heroic "we must stop the Empire" clichés and instead the heroes literally just want to find somewhere safe. If the whole game follows that route it might actually make the Empire seem like a huge threat because they can't be stopped by the player or even notably damaged like when the movies have the first Death Star blow up.
That said, I do hope Cal gets at least something notable to do for his story, even if it turns out he just maybe helps shelter enough people to allow the Resistance to grow in strength for what happens in the movies (I think these games happen in the gap between the third and fourth movies but I'd have to double check) since I think just having him find a safe place for him and his crew would be a bit underwhelming.

Not sure yet when I plan to get this game either. Reviews will play a decent part on this one for me for sure, but I think it'll take a lot for me to not just wait on a price drop for this one since I don't think it's a care-enough-to-spend-$70 kinda game for me. Shrug
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
gonna definitely buy this since I love SW and loved Fallen Order. I recently replayed it for my wife who's a bigger SW fan than I am. When it was announced, I was so happy and how it only gets better than the last. hard to tell because... you know... EA
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
gonna definitely buy this since I love SW and loved Fallen Order. I recently replayed it for my wife who's a bigger SW fan than I am. When it was announced, I was so happy and how it only gets better than the last. hard to tell because... you know... EA
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 20th, 2023, 07:46 PM)Monocle Wrote:
 hard to tell because... you know... EA
I'd like to think EA learned their lesson with Battlefront 2, but I'm not sure if EA has ever learned a lesson the hard way and then never repeated that mistake eventually down the road in some manner. Errm

What colour saber did you go for in Fallen Order @Monocle? And was there a colour you wish that game had but didn't so hope to see it in Survivor?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 20th, 2023, 07:46 PM)Monocle Wrote:
 hard to tell because... you know... EA
I'd like to think EA learned their lesson with Battlefront 2, but I'm not sure if EA has ever learned a lesson the hard way and then never repeated that mistake eventually down the road in some manner. Errm

What colour saber did you go for in Fallen Order @Monocle? And was there a colour you wish that game had but didn't so hope to see it in Survivor?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Purple is best color do I think I used purple. can't remember if it was even in there. that or green since best colors. granted, you don't get the full range of colors until deep in the game which is shit af.

Honestly, I only know like 6 colors do I don't know if I could think of a color I'd love to see.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Purple is best color do I think I used purple. can't remember if it was even in there. that or green since best colors. granted, you don't get the full range of colors until deep in the game which is shit af.

Honestly, I only know like 6 colors do I don't know if I could think of a color I'd love to see.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 22nd, 2023, 08:09 PM)Monocle Wrote:

I had to look up the colour list since I couldn't remember them all myself:
  • Blue - Default color
  • Green
  • Purple
  • Cyan
  • Magenta
  • Indigo
  • Yellow
  • Orange - Pre-order bonus
I think I went with purple myself, but might have gone with orange too. Not really sure what colours they could add either now that I see that list. Hmm

As for the choice being late into Fallen Order, I didn't really mind that too much. I thought it was cool that Cal has to remake his saber and gets to make it from the sabers of his former masters, and felt like a good way to give him a power-up of sorts without it being some sudden increase in his force abilities; he just simply gets a weapon that demonstrates his full potential.

That said, I would love if Survivor has a way to read your Fallen Order save data and give you the exact same lightsaber that you made for yourself visually so the sequel Cal feels like your one, rather than just being given a generic lightsaber that ignores the intimacy of getting to put your own saber together in FO. I always find that one of the more memorable moments of FO so to see it brushed aside and like it didn't matter beyond that game would be a shame.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 22nd, 2023, 08:09 PM)Monocle Wrote:

I had to look up the colour list since I couldn't remember them all myself:
  • Blue - Default color
  • Green
  • Purple
  • Cyan
  • Magenta
  • Indigo
  • Yellow
  • Orange - Pre-order bonus
I think I went with purple myself, but might have gone with orange too. Not really sure what colours they could add either now that I see that list. Hmm

As for the choice being late into Fallen Order, I didn't really mind that too much. I thought it was cool that Cal has to remake his saber and gets to make it from the sabers of his former masters, and felt like a good way to give him a power-up of sorts without it being some sudden increase in his force abilities; he just simply gets a weapon that demonstrates his full potential.

That said, I would love if Survivor has a way to read your Fallen Order save data and give you the exact same lightsaber that you made for yourself visually so the sequel Cal feels like your one, rather than just being given a generic lightsaber that ignores the intimacy of getting to put your own saber together in FO. I always find that one of the more memorable moments of FO so to see it brushed aside and like it didn't matter beyond that game would be a shame.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh that would be awesome! did FO ever come out to current gen so Survivor could read the data?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh that would be awesome! did FO ever come out to current gen so Survivor could read the data?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 22nd, 2023, 08:56 PM)Monocle Wrote:
I was surprised to find it actually did; a PS5/XBX version was released in June 2021, although anyone with a PS4/XBO copy can get the new versions for free as a patch so no one who already owns the game has to purchase it again to get the current-gen versions. It makes me hope there is going to be some sort of save reader since the developers went a long way in getting the PS5/XBX versions into as many hands as possible.

I don't even know if there's been another game that released a standalone native PS5/XBX version for purchase but provided the contents of that new version for free to anyone with a last-gen copy. From what I've seen normally both last- and current-gen versions are released at the same time with a free upgrade or it involves purchasing the upgrade at a reduced cost. Unsure

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 22nd, 2023, 08:56 PM)Monocle Wrote:
I was surprised to find it actually did; a PS5/XBX version was released in June 2021, although anyone with a PS4/XBO copy can get the new versions for free as a patch so no one who already owns the game has to purchase it again to get the current-gen versions. It makes me hope there is going to be some sort of save reader since the developers went a long way in getting the PS5/XBX versions into as many hands as possible.

I don't even know if there's been another game that released a standalone native PS5/XBX version for purchase but provided the contents of that new version for free to anyone with a last-gen copy. From what I've seen normally both last- and current-gen versions are released at the same time with a free upgrade or it involves purchasing the upgrade at a reduced cost. Unsure
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Well i almost play exclusively on PC now. I don't have a ps5 so possible save file connections don't mean as much to me. I could replay it on PC if I buy it but I've already beaten it twice.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Well i almost play exclusively on PC now. I don't have a ps5 so possible save file connections don't mean as much to me. I could replay it on PC if I buy it but I've already beaten it twice.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, if there's any carry over and it's just the way your saber looked I certainly wouldn't play the game again to get the data needed for that if I lacked it. Maybe if it is a thing they'll just let new players choose their saber colour at the start of the game instead.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, if there's any carry over and it's just the way your saber looked I certainly wouldn't play the game again to get the data needed for that if I lacked it. Maybe if it is a thing they'll just let new players choose their saber colour at the start of the game instead.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
considering they haven't released any info like that, I doubt they'll do it.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
considering they haven't released any info like that, I doubt they'll do it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
True, although my copium is telling me that maybe they're just going to keep it a surprise.

I'm also wondering if Cal will retain any of his powers/abilities he learns in the first game and if not, what the reasoning behind it will be. I've been wanting games to start addressing that ever since
seeing God of War Ragnarök actually explain why Kratos and Atreus aren't as powerful as they were in the prior game.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
True, although my copium is telling me that maybe they're just going to keep it a surprise.

I'm also wondering if Cal will retain any of his powers/abilities he learns in the first game and if not, what the reasoning behind it will be. I've been wanting games to start addressing that ever since
seeing God of War Ragnarök actually explain why Kratos and Atreus aren't as powerful as they were in the prior game.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I'm not totally sure. honestly, I want him to start over but I don't want to relearn all the stuff from the first game. it's tedious when games do that when they're part of a continued story.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I'm not totally sure. honestly, I want him to start over but I don't want to relearn all the stuff from the first game. it's tedious when games do that when they're part of a continued story.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 1st, 2023, 04:08 AM)Monocle Wrote:
So I hadn't gotten around to posting this when it first came out a few days ago, but the hands-on previews for the game confirmed that every ability Cal learns in Fallen Order is not stripped from players when starting this game. The developers felt it made no sense for Cal to forget everything just for the sake of game progression, and instead focused on giving him new stuff to learn that builds on top of what he learned to do in FO. This is the first time I've ever seen a game do that and I commend the devs for choosing to build on top of the existing skills rather than having the player relearn everything and just shoving in a few new abilities in the same skill trees as all the old ones.

There's also a crazy amount of customization this time around, and I like that BD-1 and Cal actually get more than just palette swaps and poncho's this time around. Besides saber stuff I barely gave a shit for any cosmetic stuff I unlocked in FO because I didn't like the poncho's and I never found a different colour for BD that I liked more than one of the earlier ones I found in the game.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 1st, 2023, 04:08 AM)Monocle Wrote:
So I hadn't gotten around to posting this when it first came out a few days ago, but the hands-on previews for the game confirmed that every ability Cal learns in Fallen Order is not stripped from players when starting this game. The developers felt it made no sense for Cal to forget everything just for the sake of game progression, and instead focused on giving him new stuff to learn that builds on top of what he learned to do in FO. This is the first time I've ever seen a game do that and I commend the devs for choosing to build on top of the existing skills rather than having the player relearn everything and just shoving in a few new abilities in the same skill trees as all the old ones.

There's also a crazy amount of customization this time around, and I like that BD-1 and Cal actually get more than just palette swaps and poncho's this time around. Besides saber stuff I barely gave a shit for any cosmetic stuff I unlocked in FO because I didn't like the poncho's and I never found a different colour for BD that I liked more than one of the earlier ones I found in the game.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
That's actually really amazing news. I was split but I truly don't want to relearn stuff. especially since I recently replayed it so my wife, a big star wars fan, could see the game and story.

Plus customization! yes! I love stuff like that because aesthetics mean a lot. it's not enough to deter me from playing, but I like having my own unique flair when I play.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
That's actually really amazing news. I was split but I truly don't want to relearn stuff. especially since I recently replayed it so my wife, a big star wars fan, could see the game and story.

Plus customization! yes! I love stuff like that because aesthetics mean a lot. it's not enough to deter me from playing, but I like having my own unique flair when I play.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 30 8,796 Today, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  LittleBigPlanet (Series) | User Created Content Offline Permanently Moonface 35 16,419 Apr 22nd, 2024, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Persona (Series) | P3 Aigis The First Answer Port Announced Moonface 21 1,501 Apr 19th, 2024, 02:25 PM
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 18 9,953 Apr 18th, 2024, 10:07 PM
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,561 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM