Final Fantasy VII Remake
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Does anyone have any opinions yet on how the game looks and plays? From the few first impressions I've seen (in addition to the gameplay we saw at E3), it's gotten a pretty good reputation so far.
I'm interested in it myself, and like that they seem to have struck an albeit weird balance to the active time battle and turn based systems.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Does anyone have any opinions yet on how the game looks and plays? From the few first impressions I've seen (in addition to the gameplay we saw at E3), it's gotten a pretty good reputation so far.
I'm interested in it myself, and like that they seem to have struck an albeit weird balance to the active time battle and turn based systems.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Honestly, it looks like they took FFXV's system and limited it more. Tactical mode reminds me of wait mode. Staggering reminds me of breaking parts. Not a problem for me because I actually liked FFXV. Got the platinum for it lol
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Honestly, it looks like they took FFXV's system and limited it more. Tactical mode reminds me of wait mode. Staggering reminds me of breaking parts. Not a problem for me because I actually liked FFXV. Got the platinum for it lol
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'm actually replaying through the original Final Fantasy, I'm trying to figure out where in the two blu-ray discs they would make you swap over, since it's all about the story of what happens when your in Midgar. My theory is that they would make you swap discs after you cross dress in order to get into the Don's house & then are dropped down into the sewers later on after he's confronted. Because -spoiler alert-

Once you make your way out of the sewers you have to make your way out of them back to sector seven in order to warn everyone that the plate is going to be taken out in order to get rid of AVELANCE by the Shinra-corp. Then once you get through all of that you have to make your way back through the wall market, climb up a huge wall of debris using a wire to get you up to the top, & then you have to make your way up 60 effing FLOORS to the 66th at the top in order to deal with the Shinra Pres. Who btw gets offed by Clouds old war buddie. Hehe.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'm actually replaying through the original Final Fantasy, I'm trying to figure out where in the two blu-ray discs they would make you swap over, since it's all about the story of what happens when your in Midgar. My theory is that they would make you swap discs after you cross dress in order to get into the Don's house & then are dropped down into the sewers later on after he's confronted. Because -spoiler alert-

Once you make your way out of the sewers you have to make your way out of them back to sector seven in order to warn everyone that the plate is going to be taken out in order to get rid of AVELANCE by the Shinra-corp. Then once you get through all of that you have to make your way back through the wall market, climb up a huge wall of debris using a wire to get you up to the top, & then you have to make your way up 60 effing FLOORS to the 66th at the top in order to deal with the Shinra Pres. Who btw gets offed by Clouds old war buddie. Hehe.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Playing through the original isn't likely to give you a great idea of where the split is going to happen, because they are adding a lot of new stuff to the game. In addition to the events of the original, there will likely be many new side quests and maybe even little places to explore.

What was originally a 3-4 hour trek through Midgar is likely going to turn in a good 25+ hours.

Quote:Not a problem for me because I actually liked FFXV. Got the platinum for it lol

Of all the games to platinum, you had to pick trash.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Playing through the original isn't likely to give you a great idea of where the split is going to happen, because they are adding a lot of new stuff to the game. In addition to the events of the original, there will likely be many new side quests and maybe even little places to explore.

What was originally a 3-4 hour trek through Midgar is likely going to turn in a good 25+ hours.

Quote:Not a problem for me because I actually liked FFXV. Got the platinum for it lol

Of all the games to platinum, you had to pick trash.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
Not only will they probably be adding new sidequests and stuff, they'll probably be fleshing it out with various lore drops and nods to the rest of the FFVII compendium. I expect there'll be a bit of early expansion on the events of Before Crisis, Crisis Core, and Last Order. Maybe playable flashbacks.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232 Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
Not only will they probably be adding new sidequests and stuff, they'll probably be fleshing it out with various lore drops and nods to the rest of the FFVII compendium. I expect there'll be a bit of early expansion on the events of Before Crisis, Crisis Core, and Last Order. Maybe playable flashbacks.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I doubt there will be any playable flashbacks. As far as I know, Square Enix haven't hinted in the slightest bit that there will be anything related to the prequel games outside of maybe some lore here and there. What's going to really add time to this game is that they are making the areas of the game much more massive than they were before.

Like going from the Church to Aries' house is probably not going to be the two minute run we remember it being. They'll add a bunch of side-areas to explore and loot to keep the player distracted from the main goal for a little bit. Which is my biggest worry for the game aside from the combat probably being crap. They're just going to stuff this game with a ton of artificial time sinks just so they can be like, "See guys? We had to split the game up into parts because there's SOOOOOOOOOO much stuff to do!"

I also have a bad feeling they are going to make bosses mega HP sponges just so they can add time to the game by forcing players to do 10+ minute boss fights.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I doubt there will be any playable flashbacks. As far as I know, Square Enix haven't hinted in the slightest bit that there will be anything related to the prequel games outside of maybe some lore here and there. What's going to really add time to this game is that they are making the areas of the game much more massive than they were before.

Like going from the Church to Aries' house is probably not going to be the two minute run we remember it being. They'll add a bunch of side-areas to explore and loot to keep the player distracted from the main goal for a little bit. Which is my biggest worry for the game aside from the combat probably being crap. They're just going to stuff this game with a ton of artificial time sinks just so they can be like, "See guys? We had to split the game up into parts because there's SOOOOOOOOOO much stuff to do!"

I also have a bad feeling they are going to make bosses mega HP sponges just so they can add time to the game by forcing players to do 10+ minute boss fights.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Yea, I was thinking the same way actually about their padding out the boss fights. More so because there are so many of them in the first past of the game. But my thought is even with the padding added, that the game could 'technically' be split into two different discs as I described. I mean I do agree with the padding of the game with other random stuff, & what not.

But I do think that that Square will be very true (to a point) with the game & there is a playable flashback sequence (after you leave from Midgar), & we all know that the fans are going to rage if it isn't at least somewhat 'true to the original'.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Yea, I was thinking the same way actually about their padding out the boss fights. More so because there are so many of them in the first past of the game. But my thought is even with the padding added, that the game could 'technically' be split into two different discs as I described. I mean I do agree with the padding of the game with other random stuff, & what not.

But I do think that that Square will be very true (to a point) with the game & there is a playable flashback sequence (after you leave from Midgar), & we all know that the fans are going to rage if it isn't at least somewhat 'true to the original'.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That flashback will obviously remain in the game because it's part of the original and is crucial to the backstory of Sephiroth. What Kazan is referring to is playable flashbacks for events that take place in Before Crisis, Crisis Core, etc., which I highly doubt we'll see in the remake. We might see some lore about those games, but I highly doubt Square will go through the trouble of adding playable flashbacks for those games. Especially since Before Crisis isn't about any characters that are important in FFVII and Crisis Core revolves around Zack, not Cloud.

They may expand on the flashback scenes with Zack that you can trigger in the basement of the Shinra Mansion, but I don't see them doing much more other than that in terms of including anything about Crisis Core.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That flashback will obviously remain in the game because it's part of the original and is crucial to the backstory of Sephiroth. What Kazan is referring to is playable flashbacks for events that take place in Before Crisis, Crisis Core, etc., which I highly doubt we'll see in the remake. We might see some lore about those games, but I highly doubt Square will go through the trouble of adding playable flashbacks for those games. Especially since Before Crisis isn't about any characters that are important in FFVII and Crisis Core revolves around Zack, not Cloud.

They may expand on the flashback scenes with Zack that you can trigger in the basement of the Shinra Mansion, but I don't see them doing much more other than that in terms of including anything about Crisis Core.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
(Jun 24th, 2019, 09:28 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Yeah, in particular I was referring to things like Cloud's induction into SOLDIER, life in Nibelheim, etc. I'd also love a bit more insight into Before Crisis in general, since that never actually came out in English in the first place. Sure it mostly follows the Turks, but still. Maybe they'll include a 'catch-up' similar to the KH games, to get people up to speed with the story.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
(Jun 24th, 2019, 09:28 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Yeah, in particular I was referring to things like Cloud's induction into SOLDIER, life in Nibelheim, etc. I'd also love a bit more insight into Before Crisis in general, since that never actually came out in English in the first place. Sure it mostly follows the Turks, but still. Maybe they'll include a 'catch-up' similar to the KH games, to get people up to speed with the story.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah actually Kaz makes a good point: Do you think they'll make additional side-stories related to the lore but separate from the main games, like how they do with KH in their handheld titles?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah actually Kaz makes a good point: Do you think they'll make additional side-stories related to the lore but separate from the main games, like how they do with KH in their handheld titles?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 27th, 2019, 04:09 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I think it'll depend on Squarenix here tbh. Some fans have been complaining over the years that FF7's lore makes no sense, & impo; it would be a great opportunity for them to put things to write. But, with Square; all they know to do is to write a backa$$wards story that you have to figure out on your own, I mean look at Bravely Default as an example for gawd's sake. XD 

Still, they could if they wanted to. Though they may not because of time constraints, world building & etc.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I think it'll depend on Squarenix here tbh. Some fans have been complaining over the years that FF7's lore makes no sense, & impo; it would be a great opportunity for them to put things to write. But, with Square; all they know to do is to write a backa$$wards story that you have to figure out on your own, I mean look at Bravely Default as an example for gawd's sake. XD 

Still, they could if they wanted to. Though they may not because of time constraints, world building & etc.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 

I didn't specifically mean spinoff titles, but rather something similar to the way they handled the Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix titles, where rather than allowing you to play 358/2 Days, they made it into a movie of sorts including all of the game's cutscenes. So you could still follow the way the story turned out, but you couldn't directly play the game itself.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4

I didn't specifically mean spinoff titles, but rather something similar to the way they handled the Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix titles, where rather than allowing you to play 358/2 Days, they made it into a movie of sorts including all of the game's cutscenes. So you could still follow the way the story turned out, but you couldn't directly play the game itself.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Just so were clear, there are spin off Final Fantasy VII titles.

Games:
[PSP] Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
[PS2] Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII

Film:
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Last Order: Final Fantasy VII
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Just so were clear, there are spin off Final Fantasy VII titles.

Games:
[PSP] Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
[PS2] Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII

Film:
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Last Order: Final Fantasy VII
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,556
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Tokyo Game Show 2019 Trailer
Get your first look at Shinra’s agents, the Turks; powerful summons, Ifrit and Shiva; and much more in this trailer from Tokyo Game Show 2019, featuring either English or Japanese voice acting.

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,556 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Tokyo Game Show 2019 Trailer
Get your first look at Shinra’s agents, the Turks; powerful summons, Ifrit and Shiva; and much more in this trailer from Tokyo Game Show 2019, featuring either English or Japanese voice acting.

Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
When I saw this on my facebook feed, I was promised Cloud in a dress. I was disappoint. However, we did see Don Corneo and a couple of the minigames from the original Wall Market sequence, so not only are they keeping that sequence, they probably aren't altering it. We shall see come March...
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
When I saw this on my facebook feed, I was promised Cloud in a dress. I was disappoint. However, we did see Don Corneo and a couple of the minigames from the original Wall Market sequence, so not only are they keeping that sequence, they probably aren't altering it. We shall see come March...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Four-Part Documentary Available Now Moonface 28 2,124 Mar 29th, 2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Resident Evil 4 (Remake) Moonface 94 11,850 Feb 16th, 2024, 04:22 PM
  Final Fantasy (Series) | Kitase Comments on FF6 Remake Moonface 3 208 Feb 1st, 2024, 04:06 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Final Fantasy XVI | DLC Trailer + Release Dates Moonface 19 2,572 Dec 8th, 2023, 04:50 AM
  Super Mario RPG (Remake) Moonface 19 2,338 Nov 13th, 2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord