The Movie Thread
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Mmm. I can't say I see that synopsis you saw being true based on this trailer alone. Ah well, we won't know for sure til it's out I suppose. Can only hope for the best. But still a huge doubt on that plot synopsis being legit.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Mmm. I can't say I see that synopsis you saw being true based on this trailer alone. Ah well, we won't know for sure til it's out I suppose. Can only hope for the best. But still a huge doubt on that plot synopsis being legit.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yes, please end the series here, at least with Ford that is. Although I don't care about anything else in the series other than the trilogy, just have the fifth send him off well. Or just become like the 4th and be preferably avoided again. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yes, please end the series here, at least with Ford that is. Although I don't care about anything else in the series other than the trilogy, just have the fifth send him off well. Or just become like the 4th and be preferably avoided again. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 2nd, 2022, 06:20 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
For anyone curious what Shira is talking about, it's this supposed plot leak I saw after I saw comments on the trailer talking about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/LeaksAndRumors/...mangold_is

I would just write off the planned ending as absolutely impossible but at the same time I just wouldn't be shocked to see it. However I think this movie is being directed by the guy who did Logan and some other really good movies so I don't feel like he would do this, assuming I'm right in thinking he's doing this off the top of my head.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 2nd, 2022, 06:20 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
For anyone curious what Shira is talking about, it's this supposed plot leak I saw after I saw comments on the trailer talking about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/LeaksAndRumors/...mangold_is

I would just write off the planned ending as absolutely impossible but at the same time I just wouldn't be shocked to see it. However I think this movie is being directed by the guy who did Logan and some other really good movies so I don't feel like he would do this, assuming I'm right in thinking he's doing this off the top of my head.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
That supposed "leak" better not be true, I wouldn't bother watching if it is.

From the trailer I agree the young Indy looks good though and would watch clips of that whenever they get shown on YouTube or somewhere after release, if I happen to end up avoiding the movie.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

From the trailer I agree the young Indy looks good though and would watch clips of that whenever they get shown on YouTube or somewhere after release, if I happen to end up avoiding the movie.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 4th, 2022, 02:15 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
That "leak" was enough to make me probably just look up the plot on Wikipedia when the film comes out to see just what they actually do unless reviews manage to do a convincing job of making me think the movie is actually good enough to keep myself in the dark.

No matter how it's done though, if at all, I really don't see how you can pass the torch on the character of Indy. It's not like say, Star Wars where you can have Luke pass things on to Rey like how Obi-Wan passed on things to him, because the movies aren't named after anyone. You can't continue to call the films "Indiana Jones" if the main character isn't called that, and if the name changes to fit the new main character then it'll just be weird. Imagine if he gave the hat to Mutt in Crystal Skull at the end and this movie was called Mutt Jones and the Dial of Destiny or something. ROFL
Man that title is actually painful to read...

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 4th, 2022, 02:15 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
That "leak" was enough to make me probably just look up the plot on Wikipedia when the film comes out to see just what they actually do unless reviews manage to do a convincing job of making me think the movie is actually good enough to keep myself in the dark.

No matter how it's done though, if at all, I really don't see how you can pass the torch on the character of Indy. It's not like say, Star Wars where you can have Luke pass things on to Rey like how Obi-Wan passed on things to him, because the movies aren't named after anyone. You can't continue to call the films "Indiana Jones" if the main character isn't called that, and if the name changes to fit the new main character then it'll just be weird. Imagine if he gave the hat to Mutt in Crystal Skull at the end and this movie was called Mutt Jones and the Dial of Destiny or something. ROFL
Man that title is actually painful to read...
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I might just check Wikipedia too if I get too anxious about what it'll be about. Will check reviews first though as well.

I completely forgot who Mutt was, never really learned the names of characters other than the returning one in that movie, but ah, it was LaBeouf's character. Also forgot he's Indy's son. Yup, Mutt Jones not a good ring. XD Definitely would have been done with the series if that did happen.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I might just check Wikipedia too if I get too anxious about what it'll be about. Will check reviews first though as well.

I completely forgot who Mutt was, never really learned the names of characters other than the returning one in that movie, but ah, it was LaBeouf's character. Also forgot he's Indy's son. Yup, Mutt Jones not a good ring. XD Definitely would have been done with the series if that did happen.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 4th, 2022, 10:50 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Don't worry, I had to Google the fourth movie to find out what Indy's stupid kid was called anyway. Almost feels like name is meant to be a sort of insult since Mutt refers to a dog and it was joked about at the end of Last Crusade that "we named the dog Indiana". I get that it's probably meant more as a reference to that to call his kid Mutt but I personally view the word "mutt" as a negative thing. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 4th, 2022, 10:50 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Don't worry, I had to Google the fourth movie to find out what Indy's stupid kid was called anyway. Almost feels like name is meant to be a sort of insult since Mutt refers to a dog and it was joked about at the end of Last Crusade that "we named the dog Indiana". I get that it's probably meant more as a reference to that to call his kid Mutt but I personally view the word "mutt" as a negative thing. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't know a new trailer had come out for the upcoming Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse movie, and I'm really excited about seeing this one so here's the trailer for anyone else who wants to watch it! Grin

Apparently this movie was supposed to come out in October but I guess it got delayed at some point. I loved the previous movie though so I'm not even hesitating to watch this whenever it comes out.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't know a new trailer had come out for the upcoming Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse movie, and I'm really excited about seeing this one so here's the trailer for anyone else who wants to watch it! Grin

Apparently this movie was supposed to come out in October but I guess it got delayed at some point. I loved the previous movie though so I'm not even hesitating to watch this whenever it comes out.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yes! Looks so good, I'm so excited for this. Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yes! Looks so good, I'm so excited for this. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | Official Trailer 2

Weirdly IGN have titled their upload of the trailer as being part of the Star Wars Celebration 2023, which doesn't make any sense to me why this trailer would have any connection to that event. Huh

Anyway, I wish I could feel excited from this trailer but I just don't for some reason. I'm not sure if it's the trailer lacking something or because I'm just too jaded after Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to put hope into this movie being as good as the first three.
I expect this will be the last movie (or maybe even anything) he does with the leading role though, and if this is his last production as a lead role I hope it's good just so he can have his last moment in that position be a high. Although at least even if this movie is bad I'm sure his performance will still be really good anyway, but it's because nobody talks about his performance in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull  that makes me worry it'll be the same here if the movie is bad but he does a good job. I can't even remember if he performed well in KotCS; all I can recall about the movie is everything bad about it (which is almost everything).

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | Official Trailer 2

Weirdly IGN have titled their upload of the trailer as being part of the Star Wars Celebration 2023, which doesn't make any sense to me why this trailer would have any connection to that event. Huh

Anyway, I wish I could feel excited from this trailer but I just don't for some reason. I'm not sure if it's the trailer lacking something or because I'm just too jaded after Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to put hope into this movie being as good as the first three.
I expect this will be the last movie (or maybe even anything) he does with the leading role though, and if this is his last production as a lead role I hope it's good just so he can have his last moment in that position be a high. Although at least even if this movie is bad I'm sure his performance will still be really good anyway, but it's because nobody talks about his performance in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull  that makes me worry it'll be the same here if the movie is bad but he does a good job. I can't even remember if he performed well in KotCS; all I can recall about the movie is everything bad about it (which is almost everything).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Just as long as it's better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, should be fine. I'm not expecting this movie to be on par with the first three either, but yeah hope it's at least a worthy final leading role for Ford.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Just as long as it's better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, should be fine. I'm not expecting this movie to be on par with the first three either, but yeah hope it's at least a worthy final leading role for Ford.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 10th, 2023, 11:46 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I hope so, but it seems this movie has had as much turmoil in its development as KotCS did. I'd say it might have had more really, because the aforementioned movie only took 20 years due to it just taking a long time to figure out what direction to take, whereas this upcoming one has taken 15 years since that movie and has gone through multiple producers and writers in a rather short time span.

I would say it has a shot at being good because the director (who is also one of the writers) is the same guy who wrote and produced Logan and Ford v. Ferrari, but the other writers on the movie seem to be really hit or miss. Plus Spielberg directed KotCS and look how that turned out, so it isn't like having a person in charge who has done good work guarantees anything.

While writing this post though I did learn that there was always a plan for five Indiana Jones movies ever since the deal was made with Paramount in 1979 at the start of production on Raiders of the Lost Ark, but it looks like it just took so long between movies 3, 4 and 5 because of trying to figure out where to go moving forward. I always thought the fourth movie came about as one of those stupid attempts at riding on the coattails of an older IP because it's easy money, but I guess not. Shrug

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 10th, 2023, 11:46 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I hope so, but it seems this movie has had as much turmoil in its development as KotCS did. I'd say it might have had more really, because the aforementioned movie only took 20 years due to it just taking a long time to figure out what direction to take, whereas this upcoming one has taken 15 years since that movie and has gone through multiple producers and writers in a rather short time span.

I would say it has a shot at being good because the director (who is also one of the writers) is the same guy who wrote and produced Logan and Ford v. Ferrari, but the other writers on the movie seem to be really hit or miss. Plus Spielberg directed KotCS and look how that turned out, so it isn't like having a person in charge who has done good work guarantees anything.

While writing this post though I did learn that there was always a plan for five Indiana Jones movies ever since the deal was made with Paramount in 1979 at the start of production on Raiders of the Lost Ark, but it looks like it just took so long between movies 3, 4 and 5 because of trying to figure out where to go moving forward. I always thought the fourth movie came about as one of those stupid attempts at riding on the coattails of an older IP because it's easy money, but I guess not. Shrug
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just learned that there's going to be a sequel to Chicken Run which is scheduled to release on Netflix in December 2023 because a new image from the movie was released today:

[Image: chicken-run-2-dawn-of-the-nugget-rocky-g...header.jpg]

The sequel is titled Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget, and this is the plot:

Quote:After pulling off a daring escape from the Tweedy farm in Chicken Run, Ginger and her flock have found a new home on a peaceful secluded island sanctuary. Raising their newly-hatched daughter Molly, Ginger and Rocky will find themselves facing a new danger on the mainland that threatens the whole of chicken-kind. Ginger and Rocky must gather their capable feathered partners for one last mission, but this time they need to break in.
I hope this turns out good because I really liked the original movie and I feel it gets overlooked a lot even though it wasn't a bad movie. I also appreciate that the stop-motion animation style is staying and didn't get ditched in favor of CGI; not that I expected Aardman to choose to do it but I'm glad Netflix was willing to work with them without asking it to be changed.

There's also another Wallace & Gromit movie scheduled for 2024, but I don't have much to say about that because I've only seen the original shorts and not the movie that got released in 2005.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just learned that there's going to be a sequel to Chicken Run which is scheduled to release on Netflix in December 2023 because a new image from the movie was released today:

[Image: chicken-run-2-dawn-of-the-nugget-rocky-g...header.jpg]

The sequel is titled Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget, and this is the plot:

Quote:After pulling off a daring escape from the Tweedy farm in Chicken Run, Ginger and her flock have found a new home on a peaceful secluded island sanctuary. Raising their newly-hatched daughter Molly, Ginger and Rocky will find themselves facing a new danger on the mainland that threatens the whole of chicken-kind. Ginger and Rocky must gather their capable feathered partners for one last mission, but this time they need to break in.
I hope this turns out good because I really liked the original movie and I feel it gets overlooked a lot even though it wasn't a bad movie. I also appreciate that the stop-motion animation style is staying and didn't get ditched in favor of CGI; not that I expected Aardman to choose to do it but I'm glad Netflix was willing to work with them without asking it to be changed.

There's also another Wallace & Gromit movie scheduled for 2024, but I don't have much to say about that because I've only seen the original shorts and not the movie that got released in 2005.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
My first thought was "Why?" as I do with most things these days, annoyed it's for Netflix because I still haven't got that nor have any desire to. Hope this sequel indeed does well and also happy to see the stop motion return for it.

Wallace & Gromit...that doesn't really NEED anything new but perhaps OK, as long as they get a suitable VA for Wallace since his original passed (RIP Sallis). Ah, wait they already have but I've not seen Grand Adventures to know how good Whitehead is as Wallace. I did see the 2005 film, do consider all the shorts superior to it but Curse of the Were-Rabbit is close behind still, wasn't bad at all.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
My first thought was "Why?" as I do with most things these days, annoyed it's for Netflix because I still haven't got that nor have any desire to. Hope this sequel indeed does well and also happy to see the stop motion return for it.

Wallace & Gromit...that doesn't really NEED anything new but perhaps OK, as long as they get a suitable VA for Wallace since his original passed (RIP Sallis). Ah, wait they already have but I've not seen Grand Adventures to know how good Whitehead is as Wallace. I did see the 2005 film, do consider all the shorts superior to it but Curse of the Were-Rabbit is close behind still, wasn't bad at all.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The Barbie Movie is due out this summer and I... well, I didn't care about it conceptually before but the marketing they've done for it so far is pretty spectacular tbh:

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The Barbie Movie is due out this summer and I... well, I didn't care about it conceptually before but the marketing they've done for it so far is pretty spectacular tbh:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 2 61 Yesterday, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Eric
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,914 1,648,437 Yesterday, 04:45 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie Series) | Sonic 3 Logo Reveal Moonface 54 18,040 Apr 18th, 2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 46,017 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Sequel Announced Moonface 54 6,682 Mar 12th, 2024, 11:49 PM