Metroid (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 31st, 2021, 05:49 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Well Kraid has some secrets to beating him but it means getting items before you're supposed to, like getting bombs early. the trick actually makes him one of the easiest bosses lol
I'm surprised bombs would be useful against him since isn't the only way to damage him by shooting him in the mouth, which is never really low enough to plant bombs in? That's not even considering I doubt it's safe to try jumping into his face in the first place. Unsure
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 31st, 2021, 05:49 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Well Kraid has some secrets to beating him but it means getting items before you're supposed to, like getting bombs early. the trick actually makes him one of the easiest bosses lol
I'm surprised bombs would be useful against him since isn't the only way to damage him by shooting him in the mouth, which is never really low enough to plant bombs in? That's not even considering I doubt it's safe to try jumping into his face in the first place. Unsure
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Dec 31st, 2021, 11:19 PM)Moonface Wrote:

It's only 30 seconds but check it out

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Dec 31st, 2021, 11:19 PM)Moonface Wrote:

It's only 30 seconds but check it out

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Holy shit! I don't think I would've ever thought to try doing what that video does nor discovered it myself because I don't think I would ever place a bomb in that specific spot. Do all the bosses have secret alternatives like that or is it just reserved to Kraid? Gasp

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Holy shit! I don't think I would've ever thought to try doing what that video does nor discovered it myself because I don't think I would ever place a bomb in that specific spot. Do all the bosses have secret alternatives like that or is it just reserved to Kraid? Gasp
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
There's a few bosses that have secrets but not all of them. There's one boss that you can kill with a speed boost but only at a certain point in the fight. There's actually ways to skip bosses entirely. Metroid games are filled with sequence breaks to absolutely demolish this game.

Hell, world record speed run for the game is less than 2 hours
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
There's a few bosses that have secrets but not all of them. There's one boss that you can kill with a speed boost but only at a certain point in the fight. There's actually ways to skip bosses entirely. Metroid games are filled with sequence breaks to absolutely demolish this game.

Hell, world record speed run for the game is less than 2 hours
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did you manage to discover any of the boss secrets yourself @Monocle or did you find out about them outside of the game like I currently am? Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did you manage to discover any of the boss secrets yourself @Monocle or did you find out about them outside of the game like I currently am? Tongue
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh i definitely didn't discover any of this myself. Speed runners jumped right in and started breaking down the game. Things like getting power ups early, skipping bosses, glitching through floors, etc etc. they have broken this down
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh i definitely didn't discover any of this myself. Speed runners jumped right in and started breaking down the game. Things like getting power ups early, skipping bosses, glitching through floors, etc etc. they have broken this down
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What are your favourite things you've seen speed runners discover across the Metroid games @Monocle?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What are your favourite things you've seen speed runners discover across the Metroid games @Monocle?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
across all of them? well shit that's a lot lol.

Well, in Dread, they've discovered the pseudo wave beam. Wave beam let's you shoot through walls and they've discovered a way to mimic without it that to explode those red things that are in walls. So many skips they've done with that move

In Fusion, they discovered a secret message that can only be obtained with a series of shinesparks that are well placed.

in Super Metroid, they've basically figured out the entire game and skip most of the stuff in a speedrun. Honestly, best part about this game are the romhacks which I play a bunch of all the time
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
across all of them? well shit that's a lot lol.

Well, in Dread, they've discovered the pseudo wave beam. Wave beam let's you shoot through walls and they've discovered a way to mimic without it that to explode those red things that are in walls. So many skips they've done with that move

In Fusion, they discovered a secret message that can only be obtained with a series of shinesparks that are well placed.

in Super Metroid, they've basically figured out the entire game and skip most of the stuff in a speedrun. Honestly, best part about this game are the romhacks which I play a bunch of all the time
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Fusion one sounds the most interesting because I'm curious how long it took to realize there was a secret message in the first place and if there was anything to help them find the locations. Hmm

Also I don't want to look it up in case I spoil myself, but are those blue brain things in Dread a returning creature or are they new? I don't know anything about them still and I've fought at least four of them now I think, and I'm wondering if the game is ever going to give me any information on them or it's expecting me to know them from another game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Fusion one sounds the most interesting because I'm curious how long it took to realize there was a secret message in the first place and if there was anything to help them find the locations. Hmm

Also I don't want to look it up in case I spoil myself, but are those blue brain things in Dread a returning creature or are they new? I don't know anything about them still and I've fought at least four of them now I think, and I'm wondering if the game is ever going to give me any information on them or it's expecting me to know them from another game.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
they're a reference to the final boss of Metroid and Super Metroid. There's some lore about the brains but I dunno how much you want to learn about the games.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
they're a reference to the final boss of Metroid and Super Metroid. There's some lore about the brains but I dunno how much you want to learn about the games.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not too fussed learning about lore; I just didn't want to accidentally encounter any spoilers about Dread by looking them up. Does the game ever explain any of the major creatures in Dread or is most of the context given during that opening recap?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not too fussed learning about lore; I just didn't want to accidentally encounter any spoilers about Dread by looking them up. Does the game ever explain any of the major creatures in Dread or is most of the context given during that opening recap?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Nah. most of the enemies never really had lore in the series until recently. I can spoiler tag the ones from older games for you and not the unique to Dread ones.

the rest are pretty new to the game iirc
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Nah. most of the enemies never really had lore in the series until recently. I can spoiler tag the ones from older games for you and not the unique to Dread ones.

the rest are pretty new to the game iirc
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, thanks for the rundown.

I just fought the blue/ice EMMI and so far it's been the most frustrating/challenging one by a long shot because of how it can stop you from a distance. Finally killed the stupid thing though. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, thanks for the rundown.

I just fought the blue/ice EMMI and so far it's been the most frustrating/challenging one by a long shot because of how it can stop you from a distance. Finally killed the stupid thing though. Grin
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Awesome! yeah the worst one though is the purple one. I won't tell you it's ability but fuck that guy in the eyeball
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Awesome! yeah the worst one though is the purple one. I won't tell you it's ability but fuck that guy in the eyeball
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just got to that one last night. It hasn't actually managed to get me so far despite detecting me often due to its ability, so the ice one is still sitting on the throne of being a pain in my arse. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just got to that one last night. It hasn't actually managed to get me so far despite detecting me often due to its ability, so the ice one is still sitting on the throne of being a pain in my arse. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 31 8,851 Apr 26th, 2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  LittleBigPlanet (Series) | User Created Content Offline Permanently Moonface 35 16,466 Apr 22nd, 2024, 11:52 PM
  Persona (Series) | P3 Aigis The First Answer Port Announced Moonface 21 1,534 Apr 19th, 2024, 02:25 PM
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 18 9,976 Apr 18th, 2024, 10:07 PM
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,606 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM