Uncharted (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The bright side for Uncharted 3's multiplayer is that it does at least have local play available, so you could still enjoy it in split-screen with a friend long after the servers are dead. Your progress would be reset to zero though because it doesn't pull data from the servers. UC2 on the other hand will have nothing remaining once the servers are off.

I found it a little depressing to hear at the time of the announcement, but I'm not surprised. I doubt many people, if any, are still playing those games online nowadays.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The bright side for Uncharted 3's multiplayer is that it does at least have local play available, so you could still enjoy it in split-screen with a friend long after the servers are dead. Your progress would be reset to zero though because it doesn't pull data from the servers. UC2 on the other hand will have nothing remaining once the servers are off.

I found it a little depressing to hear at the time of the announcement, but I'm not surprised. I doubt many people, if any, are still playing those games online nowadays.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I'm so totally watching that UNCHARTED fan film as I didn't even know that was a thing.

Anywho, as stated in another post somewhere else on this forum, Uncharted and the Uncharted series in general is my favorite overall series in all of gaming and so far, the only full series I've ever played the whole way through. Minus the PSP/Vita side games they made.

I truly truly love each and every one of those main four games and have completed them all within a month of each other thanks to the Uncharted: triple pack the PS4 released back some years ago.

I don't give the games themselves (or any game a 10 out of 10) but as a overall series, it's as close as you can get to being a perfect series.
WR91 Offline
Casual
I'm so totally watching that UNCHARTED fan film as I didn't even know that was a thing.

Anywho, as stated in another post somewhere else on this forum, Uncharted and the Uncharted series in general is my favorite overall series in all of gaming and so far, the only full series I've ever played the whole way through. Minus the PSP/Vita side games they made.

I truly truly love each and every one of those main four games and have completed them all within a month of each other thanks to the Uncharted: triple pack the PS4 released back some years ago.

I don't give the games themselves (or any game a 10 out of 10) but as a overall series, it's as close as you can get to being a perfect series.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
You mention playing the four main games, but did you ever play Lost Legacy @"WrestleRacer91"?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
You mention playing the four main games, but did you ever play Lost Legacy @"WrestleRacer91"?
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 28th, 2020, 09:27 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I own Lost Legacy and played about an hour of it so far (I got it near launch). But I wouldn't consider that apart of the main series as it was based off of the Uncharted 4 engine and doesn't involve Nathan Drake. Would you recommend playing through it to finish?
WR91 Offline
Casual
I own Lost Legacy and played about an hour of it so far (I got it near launch). But I wouldn't consider that apart of the main series as it was based off of the Uncharted 4 engine and doesn't involve Nathan Drake. Would you recommend playing through it to finish?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 28th, 2020, 09:36 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
Yes, especially since it builds off of some stuff Uncharted 4 established and does plenty to stand by itself. If you enjoyed 4 then you'll definitely enjoy LL, even with Nate being out of the picture for it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 28th, 2020, 09:36 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
Yes, especially since it builds off of some stuff Uncharted 4 established and does plenty to stand by itself. If you enjoyed 4 then you'll definitely enjoy LL, even with Nate being out of the picture for it.
WR91 Offline
Casual
So I just watched that UNCHARTED fan film and boy, that was amazing!

I wish it was a full length film because I'd watch that in a heartbeat.
WR91 Offline
Casual
So I just watched that UNCHARTED fan film and boy, that was amazing!

I wish it was a full length film because I'd watch that in a heartbeat.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So if you want to feel old as a fan of this series, Uncharted 3 is ten years old as of today. Naughty Dog have put together a small blog post detailing their experiences in the development: https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/uncharte...nniversary

I always knew about the unplayable state of the game on OG PS3's being discovered just days before it went gold, but I didn't know about the multiplayer press event shenanigans. Shock

As for the game itself, the plane and desert are the most defining moments of this game for me, although I really wish Naughty Dog hadn't shown off so many parts of this game before launch. I think the only part that was entirely blind for me was the flashback sequence at the start of the game. I think Ubar was the only other area never shown in promotional material, but it had so many similarities to the end of Uncharted 2. I also think the story overall was the worst of any Uncharted game. I don't understand why Marlowe wanted the urn so badly when all it does it make people hallucinate really badly. The stuff they inject into Nate and Cutter during the story is just as effective but without driving people into seeing crazy fire monsters, so what was the point of searching for the fire demon variant of that drug?

The overall game also just felt like Naughty Dog came up with every possible set piece they could, made them, and then tried to build a story around it. The entire boat sequence could be removed and nothing changes because it adds nothing to the plot. Nate just thinks Sully is out there, finds out he isn't, and miraculously washes up back at Yemen. He could've just collapsed or something from the drugs put into him and awoken to discover Marlowe and her crew are leaving on a plane that evening and rushes to get there.

I also recall this being the game where Nate can't help but touch everything within 2 feet of him. Walking down a narrow street? Better put my hand on all the walls or furniture I walk by. If the guy touched the civilians as much as he does the environment he'd have restraining orders across a third of the world by the end of the game. I like to imagine Nate just being at Elena's waiting for the cargo plane and he's just touching all of her shit. "Nate would you stop touching everything we gotta go!" "Wait Elena I haven't finished touching all your cutlery in the kitchen yet." "You've touched my stuff more than you've touched me! This is why we broke up!"

And good god the reliance on melee fights. I get it, they made a new melee combat system and wanted to show it off, but I think there's at least three instances of just spamming square in a room of dozens of goons and I don't even know how many times you get put into a fight against the brutes who are designed to rush you if you try to pull out a gun. I wouldn't mind if the melee system had some depth but it was just the same old shit with new animations and interactions. It didn't actually change the gameplay at all.

I'm sure if I played through the game again I'd find more problems with it, but overall this was the weakest Uncharted game that holds a special place for me because of the multiplayer more than the single player.

How does everyone else feel about this particular game in the series?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So if you want to feel old as a fan of this series, Uncharted 3 is ten years old as of today. Naughty Dog have put together a small blog post detailing their experiences in the development: https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/uncharte...nniversary

I always knew about the unplayable state of the game on OG PS3's being discovered just days before it went gold, but I didn't know about the multiplayer press event shenanigans. Shock

As for the game itself, the plane and desert are the most defining moments of this game for me, although I really wish Naughty Dog hadn't shown off so many parts of this game before launch. I think the only part that was entirely blind for me was the flashback sequence at the start of the game. I think Ubar was the only other area never shown in promotional material, but it had so many similarities to the end of Uncharted 2. I also think the story overall was the worst of any Uncharted game. I don't understand why Marlowe wanted the urn so badly when all it does it make people hallucinate really badly. The stuff they inject into Nate and Cutter during the story is just as effective but without driving people into seeing crazy fire monsters, so what was the point of searching for the fire demon variant of that drug?

The overall game also just felt like Naughty Dog came up with every possible set piece they could, made them, and then tried to build a story around it. The entire boat sequence could be removed and nothing changes because it adds nothing to the plot. Nate just thinks Sully is out there, finds out he isn't, and miraculously washes up back at Yemen. He could've just collapsed or something from the drugs put into him and awoken to discover Marlowe and her crew are leaving on a plane that evening and rushes to get there.

I also recall this being the game where Nate can't help but touch everything within 2 feet of him. Walking down a narrow street? Better put my hand on all the walls or furniture I walk by. If the guy touched the civilians as much as he does the environment he'd have restraining orders across a third of the world by the end of the game. I like to imagine Nate just being at Elena's waiting for the cargo plane and he's just touching all of her shit. "Nate would you stop touching everything we gotta go!" "Wait Elena I haven't finished touching all your cutlery in the kitchen yet." "You've touched my stuff more than you've touched me! This is why we broke up!"

And good god the reliance on melee fights. I get it, they made a new melee combat system and wanted to show it off, but I think there's at least three instances of just spamming square in a room of dozens of goons and I don't even know how many times you get put into a fight against the brutes who are designed to rush you if you try to pull out a gun. I wouldn't mind if the melee system had some depth but it was just the same old shit with new animations and interactions. It didn't actually change the gameplay at all.

I'm sure if I played through the game again I'd find more problems with it, but overall this was the weakest Uncharted game that holds a special place for me because of the multiplayer more than the single player.

How does everyone else feel about this particular game in the series?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh crap it really has been 10 years already, ayah. I remember seeing the advertisement boards on train routes when we went to the Expo and getting hyped, and the game was my first purchase into the series. I played my sister's UC2 before which is how I got interested in Uncharted and still yet to play the original. My poor Uncharted Collection sitting around being among the games I need to play through at some point. I want to play UC 2 and 3 again as I've forgotten intricate details of the plot like the motive behind Marlowe in UC3. Do remember obvious big moments that happen, so just need to relive for the rest.

I didn't play much if any of UC2 Multiplayer and barely any for UC4 too though UC3's was the best, mainly for Co-Op.

The Nate touching everything he gets near I do recall, and should acted out in real life some time for the heck of it. ROFL

*looks at ND page and notices the Holiday Greetings '12 & '13 images* What I never saw those before!
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh crap it really has been 10 years already, ayah. I remember seeing the advertisement boards on train routes when we went to the Expo and getting hyped, and the game was my first purchase into the series. I played my sister's UC2 before which is how I got interested in Uncharted and still yet to play the original. My poor Uncharted Collection sitting around being among the games I need to play through at some point. I want to play UC 2 and 3 again as I've forgotten intricate details of the plot like the motive behind Marlowe in UC3. Do remember obvious big moments that happen, so just need to relive for the rest.

I didn't play much if any of UC2 Multiplayer and barely any for UC4 too though UC3's was the best, mainly for Co-Op.

The Nate touching everything he gets near I do recall, and should acted out in real life some time for the heck of it. ROFL

*looks at ND page and notices the Holiday Greetings '12 & '13 images* What I never saw those before!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 2nd, 2021, 08:49 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Uncharted 2's multiplayer was a lot different to 3's. For the competitive side, there were no loadouts so everyone started with an AK-47 and a Para-9 and if you wanted a different weapon you had to find it on the map. I think spawns were set on all weapons, or just the power weapons had multiple locations on which only one they could spawn at a time, but either way the start of matches was generally a rush to get to a good weapon or stop others getting them even if you don't want it or can't reach it in time. I didn't really touch it very much though.
Co-op was abysmal compared to 3's. You just chose whether to do 10 rounds of survival or 10 rounds of idol capture, so it got very repetitive and every match for survival was just camp in a single spot and never leave. 3 did it far better since every round was a different objective so you were forced to move around the map.

I remember 4's co-op being a let down compared to 3's just because of the timers. I hate that the game forces you to speed run matches if you want the best ranking, and doing it with a two man team was a slog and if you failed a round you may as well give up. I barely touched the co-op in that game because of those things.

I think Uncharted 3 was also the first time I bought a collector's edition for a game. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 2nd, 2021, 08:49 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Uncharted 2's multiplayer was a lot different to 3's. For the competitive side, there were no loadouts so everyone started with an AK-47 and a Para-9 and if you wanted a different weapon you had to find it on the map. I think spawns were set on all weapons, or just the power weapons had multiple locations on which only one they could spawn at a time, but either way the start of matches was generally a rush to get to a good weapon or stop others getting them even if you don't want it or can't reach it in time. I didn't really touch it very much though.
Co-op was abysmal compared to 3's. You just chose whether to do 10 rounds of survival or 10 rounds of idol capture, so it got very repetitive and every match for survival was just camp in a single spot and never leave. 3 did it far better since every round was a different objective so you were forced to move around the map.

I remember 4's co-op being a let down compared to 3's just because of the timers. I hate that the game forces you to speed run matches if you want the best ranking, and doing it with a two man team was a slog and if you failed a round you may as well give up. I barely touched the co-op in that game because of those things.

I think Uncharted 3 was also the first time I bought a collector's edition for a game. Hmm
WR91 Offline
Casual
I finally ended up playing through Lost Legacy and it was pretty good. But nothing can top Uncharted 4 in my opinion.
WR91 Offline
Casual
I finally ended up playing through Lost Legacy and it was pretty good. But nothing can top Uncharted 4 in my opinion.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 21st, 2023, 12:55 PM)WR91 Wrote:
Yeah, plus I find a lot of LL rather forgettable except for the train sequence at the end, but I only remember that because at the time it reminded me of Uncharted 2 and how it felt like the series was once again re-using a set piece from a previous game just as it did with Uncharted 3 copying and pasting the ending on Uncharted 2 into itself. Not to say LL is a bad game, but out of all the Uncharted games on console it's the only one I struggle to remember much about.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 21st, 2023, 12:55 PM)WR91 Wrote:
Yeah, plus I find a lot of LL rather forgettable except for the train sequence at the end, but I only remember that because at the time it reminded me of Uncharted 2 and how it felt like the series was once again re-using a set piece from a previous game just as it did with Uncharted 3 copying and pasting the ending on Uncharted 2 into itself. Not to say LL is a bad game, but out of all the Uncharted games on console it's the only one I struggle to remember much about.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,921 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,971 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,270 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,843 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface