Moonface's Minecraft World
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I shared a screenshot from this world a long time ago, and I finally have some more stuff I can share from the Minecraft world I'm building in that I'm using to plan out my survival world. I wanted to find a seed that had a good sized mushroom island biome so I can build in survival without having to light everything up (enemy mobs don't naturally spawn in mushroom island biomes) and not only did I find a good island, but it also happened to conveniently have the end portal located beneath it, which couldn't be a more ideal location for it. I wanted a big island because I want to have this world for a long time, and plenty of space to build whatever I want/need.

Right now the only build I've got together is what I've called The E.N.D., which stands for "End and Nether Dimensions". It's a building that contains both the End Portal, and it also has a nether portal inside (it won't be the only Nether Portal I have but this building is the one that will contain any resources I collect from both dimensions) and uses a block palette from both dimensions. I got inspired by a build by FalseSymmetry in HermitCraft Season 7 for the building itself, but I made some changes to it to better suit what I wanted.

The upstairs floor is for resource storage, and can be accessed by a water elevator on the ground floor, or by flying into it with an elytra using the second floor entrance above the ground floor entrance. The ground floor just has the Nether Portal, the water elevators that go to the upper and lower floors, and a glass floor in the center that is directly above the End portal and has a beacon beam shooting up from beneath it and out the top of the entire build. The lower floor is way below because of how far down the End Portal is, but I completely removed everything that generates around the End Portal and built a new room for it that matches the building up top. Since the End contains the End Dragon, I decided to make two dragon statues outside the front entrance with each one having a ball under their foot that is coloured for the two opposing biome colours of the Nether, although I'm probably going to remove that bridge in front of them because I don't think I'm going to have the river go that way and I also dislike how it blocks the view of the building when walking up to it.

The other shots are just for the landscaping around it, which includes a cave underneath that just adds something interesting to the area around the coastline. I was going to put something secret in there but there wasn't really a good way to hide it unless I want to do some piston thing, which I might consider but I don't know.

Anyway, I'll end here and let you all take a look for yourselves. I look forward to anything anyone has to say about what I've done so far. ^_^

The E.N.D. - Album
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I shared a screenshot from this world a long time ago, and I finally have some more stuff I can share from the Minecraft world I'm building in that I'm using to plan out my survival world. I wanted to find a seed that had a good sized mushroom island biome so I can build in survival without having to light everything up (enemy mobs don't naturally spawn in mushroom island biomes) and not only did I find a good island, but it also happened to conveniently have the end portal located beneath it, which couldn't be a more ideal location for it. I wanted a big island because I want to have this world for a long time, and plenty of space to build whatever I want/need.

Right now the only build I've got together is what I've called The E.N.D., which stands for "End and Nether Dimensions". It's a building that contains both the End Portal, and it also has a nether portal inside (it won't be the only Nether Portal I have but this building is the one that will contain any resources I collect from both dimensions) and uses a block palette from both dimensions. I got inspired by a build by FalseSymmetry in HermitCraft Season 7 for the building itself, but I made some changes to it to better suit what I wanted.

The upstairs floor is for resource storage, and can be accessed by a water elevator on the ground floor, or by flying into it with an elytra using the second floor entrance above the ground floor entrance. The ground floor just has the Nether Portal, the water elevators that go to the upper and lower floors, and a glass floor in the center that is directly above the End portal and has a beacon beam shooting up from beneath it and out the top of the entire build. The lower floor is way below because of how far down the End Portal is, but I completely removed everything that generates around the End Portal and built a new room for it that matches the building up top. Since the End contains the End Dragon, I decided to make two dragon statues outside the front entrance with each one having a ball under their foot that is coloured for the two opposing biome colours of the Nether, although I'm probably going to remove that bridge in front of them because I don't think I'm going to have the river go that way and I also dislike how it blocks the view of the building when walking up to it.

The other shots are just for the landscaping around it, which includes a cave underneath that just adds something interesting to the area around the coastline. I was going to put something secret in there but there wasn't really a good way to hide it unless I want to do some piston thing, which I might consider but I don't know.

Anyway, I'll end here and let you all take a look for yourselves. I look forward to anything anyone has to say about what I've done so far. ^_^

The E.N.D. - Album
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Moony I only wish I could do something like this in my own minecraft world which are usually hardcore worlds because I hate myself. I really like day and night shots give it some nice atmosphere.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Moony I only wish I could do something like this in my own minecraft world which are usually hardcore worlds because I hate myself. I really like day and night shots give it some nice atmosphere.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 3rd, 2021, 10:10 PM)Yuri Wrote:
I would strongly recommend doing what I do and checking out maps that other players have made. A lot of what I made is stuff I learned by looking at the work of other players, especially for landscaping. A good way to work for at least trees and landscapes is to use wool to just put together a basic frame of what you want so you're not focusing on details first but just the shapes.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 3rd, 2021, 10:10 PM)Yuri Wrote:
I would strongly recommend doing what I do and checking out maps that other players have made. A lot of what I made is stuff I learned by looking at the work of other players, especially for landscaping. A good way to work for at least trees and landscapes is to use wool to just put together a basic frame of what you want so you're not focusing on details first but just the shapes.
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I have nothing crazy to add other than it looks very nice and I love the aesthetic Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I have nothing crazy to add other than it looks very nice and I love the aesthetic Smile
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Really looks good. I was wondering what the purpose for the bridge because it didn't look like it was going over much, just a lower piece of land. XD Just extend the walkway or something further out from the dragon statues, or will you keep that bit of low ground in front too?

I'm confused on where the End portal is located on the outer shots, because you mention how low it is but can't see where it would be. I'm not expecting to see a clear view of it from the outside that the beam and inside is seen, just ah, can't picture it.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Really looks good. I was wondering what the purpose for the bridge because it didn't look like it was going over much, just a lower piece of land. XD Just extend the walkway or something further out from the dragon statues, or will you keep that bit of low ground in front too?

I'm confused on where the End portal is located on the outer shots, because you mention how low it is but can't see where it would be. I'm not expecting to see a clear view of it from the outside that the beam and inside is seen, just ah, can't picture it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 4th, 2021, 01:06 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

The bridge is going over nothing because I hadn't actually made the river that I was originally going to have run beneath it before I made the choice to ditch the bridge entirely. Tongue

The End Portal is underground, so you wouldn't know it was there even if the building didn't exist (the building actually helps to find it by providing a surface reference point to its location). End Portals spawn exclusively deep underground so it's lower than the ocean surface that is seen in some shots. I should maybe take a shot looking down through the glass so you can see how deep the shaft goes.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 4th, 2021, 01:06 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

The bridge is going over nothing because I hadn't actually made the river that I was originally going to have run beneath it before I made the choice to ditch the bridge entirely. Tongue

The End Portal is underground, so you wouldn't know it was there even if the building didn't exist (the building actually helps to find it by providing a surface reference point to its location). End Portals spawn exclusively deep underground so it's lower than the ocean surface that is seen in some shots. I should maybe take a shot looking down through the glass so you can see how deep the shaft goes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Nintendo World Moonface 33 8,314 Jan 26th, 2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  The Witch's Cauldron: Multi-World Event! ShiraNoMai 15 774 Dec 29th, 2023, 11:46 PM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Restricted Exploration in Open World Games? Moonface 2 258 Dec 7th, 2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  UG Multi-World Sessions? ShiraNoMai 12 1,432 Jul 31st, 2023, 04:09 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Your views on the emulation world Nightingale 49 23,532 Jul 20th, 2023, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Moonface